"I plugged it into a different hole, and then it worked"Fujikura Uruka

TVA Awards 2023 Discussion thread

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Towa's UFO is an original song, not a cover. You might have been thinking about WXY?

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Towa's UFO is an original song, not a cover. You might have been thinking about WXY?

oh shit i actually did not know that tokyo tower covered WXY

its a pleasant contrast from tani yuukis flowing voice with her rough raspy voice so its :shubaIapprob: for me

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
i voted StarField in every category

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
There are few things i am not aware but i voted based on who looks more cute :BijouBijou:

httn

Hag enthusiast
  • Dizzy Dokuro recognizes an Asylum pfp and wants to join under an alt
Please tell me we have a clip of this.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
i recall it being on the old general and iirc shes talking about zizara

Short

God Damn the Sun
Here she's talking about this forum after recognizing someones pfp

Her membership opening stream here where I posted this video
Also, she recognized @Zizara lol
2023-10-19-dadawdaw-png.51424

Negzana

• Best Corpo: Hololive, is there any other choice?
  • Best Indie: Kirsche
  • Best 2View: IDK
  • Best Reincarnation: Tie between Fuwamoco and Henya
  • Best Newcomer: IDK
  • Best Corpo Original Song: Really hard, Forbidden is awesome but I had no expectations for PC to do metal while I had very low expectations for Hololive to make song with edgier content. So I vote Fools Fools Fools. Lui love :luidance:
  • Best Corpo Cover: Mumei's Stellar Stellar I guess
  • Best Indie Original Song: Loli God Requiem
  • Best Indie Cover Song: IDK
  • Best New Design: Shiori
  • Best New Outfit: I'm biased and say Kaela but since not that Pippa
  • Best Business Decision: Sayu's expose of her termination
  • Black Company: AkioAir's shitshow was especially funny the others were just bleh
  • Biggest Graduation: Zaion without a doubt
  • Schizo: Nolan, ez
  • Most Notable Yab: Selen's cover
  • Menhera: Mikeneko will win this year, every year, all years
  • Crossover: Either 9mm loli god requeim or Lumi's Gollum review
  • Containment: Ant Hime joins TVA
  • TVA Event: Nolan Crush's penis explosion

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
The Good
Best Corpo of the Year
  • Phase Connect
    Total phase domination
Best Indie of the Year
  • Filian
    Like it or not, Filian's got to be the biggest indie out there, and on top of that she made that "vtuber award" show, and despite what you may think about it, it was a huge accomplishment.

2 View Spotlight
Pass​

Best Reincarnation
  • Go! Go! Nippon! Girls (Fuwamoco)
    Most of these reincarnations were great, but I haven't seen the same level of "IT'S THEM" "THEY'RE BACK", etc from any of the other nominees. Also, they've instantly made a name for themselves inside and outside Holo. Huge win for the twins.

Best Newcomer
  • Gavis Bettel
    Haven't stuck around much with any of the nominees, but this motherfucker had me in stiches most of the time I was following his content. The Vesper/Magni debacle soured the whole StarsEN experiene tho.

Best Corpo Original Song
  • Runie Ruse – Forbidden
  • Hakoz Baelz – Psycho
    Hard to decide, I have both on repeat for a while, but I'm a phase shill, so Forbidden gets the vote.

Best Corpo Cover Song
  • Nerissa Ravencroft – Love Me Love Me Love Me
    It's just THAT good. I haven't clicked with any of her other releases but this one made me wish Holo covers could be on spotify so bad.

Best Indie Original Song
  • Shigure Ui – Loli God Requiem
    Undisputed winner, move along.

Best Indie Cover Song
  • Amiya Aranha – Duvet
    Amitoxin is too strong. I would've also been fine with her "Bay City" too.

Best New Character Design
  • Shiori Novella
    hey-guys-novelite-here-can-we-apreciate-how-she-have-v0-gdad2qvm9khb1.png

Best New Outfit/Model Redesign
  • Pipkin Pippa
    Shipkin Shippa is a complete 180° turn from pippa's design, with very high quality assets and toggles while also still allowing her to mix and match parts and change the color palette of it's elements without looking janky. 10/10 second outfit, worth the wait.

Smartest Business Move of the Year
  • Sayu’s response and systematic take down of Nijisanji’s termination notice
    Most of the other events were great on their own, but Sayu's "exposé" had consequences that we're still experiencing today, almost a year later.

The Bad
Black Company of the Year
  • WACTOR
    The niji 2% meme is cool, but they will NEVER surpass wactor doxxing and taking legal action against their talents.

Most Notable Graduation/Termination
  • Zaion LanZa
  • Vesper Noir

Zaion's termination marked a before and after, specially in the nijisphere. Vesper's OTOH felt a bit more close to home, because I loved listening that unhingerd motherfucker go off tangent after tangent. Zaion's ended up getting the vote because, to me, it was more important in a industry level.

Schizo Fan of the Year
I'm not gonna validate any of this motherfuckers with an award. Pass​

Most Notable Yab
  • Riro Ron tries to organize an orgy with her fans, does drugs on stream, and “conducts a secretive relationship” with her manager
  • MarinaVT fails to read Twitch’s new TOS, shows bobs and reaps exactly what he sows
  • Selen's cover song gets taken down by management, Merry Christmas!
    3 big ones, for 3 different reasons. I personally voted for Riro's because it was the materialization of every e-thot meme in existence. But the MarinaVT fiasco on twitch had global reach and broke containment out of the vtuber sphere. The selen one is just sad.

Menhera Talent of the Year
  • HexaVT
    All menheras in their own right, but Hexa is OUR menhera.

Bitch Queen of the Year
  • MarinaVT
    Can you call a dude a "Bitch Queen"?

The Absolutely Mad
Crossover of the Year
  • Shigure Ui 9mm music video shows up everywhere
    Loli Kami seeping into the mainstream was the biggest containment break of the year. Seeing Loli Ui in BMW ads was a big "wtf" moment.

Favorite Rrat
  • Vesper the spear bearer yabba dabba did all our oshis
    :whatastory:

Containment Breach of the Year
  • HexaVT gets mutually groomed by John Vtuber and joins the forum
    I chose this over the others just because the effects on hexa joining are ongoing and will shape the forum in the coming months.

Asylum Historical Event
  • The Trial of Nolan Crush
    No doubt. This also marked a before and after on the forum.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Black Company of the year is so stacked, between doxxing talents, breaking their soul, grooming minors and long-term psychological abuse. CyberIdol is a literal who in this race.

Riro being in both saddest and yabbest categories becomes a bit redundant, because her termination wasn't sad, it was a festival. I'll go for Vesper/Magni for that reason.

Fix the typo, organizer.
1704732472387.png

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)
y2ixep.webp

• Best Corpo of the Year: PHASE CONNEEEEEECT !
  • Indie of the Year: Kirsche (Sawa close second)
  • 2 View Spotlight: Bibi. I hate this award because I watch 5 of them.
  • Best Reincarnation:
    d3csej.png
  • Best Newcomer: Serafi. The only one I caught a few streams of.
  • Best Corpo Original Song: Runie Ruse – Forbidden.
  • Best Corpo Cover Song: Nanashi Mumei – Stellar Stellar. My Phase contract doesn't apply here so I can be unbiased for once.
  • Best Indie Original Song: Loli God Requiem is still stuck in my head
  • Best Indie Cover Song: S.S. Isa – Useewa. I like Metal, what can I say ?
  • Best New Character Design: Mozumi Pichi. If only she didn't drink piss...
  • Best New Outfit/Model Redesign: Amiya Aranha. I didn't pick pippa, Is this a breach of contract ? 🤔
  • Smartest Business Move of the Year: PC poaching Dizzy Dokuro and other Tsunderia talents. Is it really poaching if you get threatened with bodily harm ?
  • Black Company of the Year: Kurosanji, I swear they'll give my nigga murray a heart attack.
  • Most Notable Graduation/Termination: Zaion LanZa, who knew this was the true power of a Ligma joke.
  • Schizo Fan of the Year: "loves their oshi a little too much"? C'mon now, you knew exactly what you were doing with this description, I rate it a HUION 21'/10 :smugselen:
  • Most Notable Yab: You can't best Riro, the "I totally would, tho" was *chef's kiss*
  • Menhera Talent of the Year: Shondo watch out, there's a new Menhera Hextraordinaire in town.
  • Bitch Queen of the Year: :vomit:
  • Crossover of the Year: Null begrudgingly endorses Pippa after microdosing Hitler. Not even particles at this point, we goin full Fuhrer Huffing in this bitch.
  • Favorite Rrat: Fishman secretly funds both this site and the homeland. My favorite rrat, definitely not true, 100% unfounded.
  • Containment Breach of the Year: HexaVT gets mutually groomed by John Vtuber and joins the forum. No mention of Short getting groomed by Megu
    d0tsxw.png
  • Asylum Historical Event: The Legend of Jambalaya, rollin’ ‘n’ trollin’ or That Time I Was Reincarnated as an Italian. Looking back to his first and second posts in the pippa thread, It still baffles me his persona went from Italian ESL to becoming apt at english at a more or less organic pace.

God's Strongest Dragoon

y2ixep.webp

• Best Corpo of the Year: PHASE CONNEEEEEECT !
  • Indie of the Year: Kirsche (Sawa close second)
  • 2 View Spotlight: Bibi. I hate this award because I watch 5 of them.
  • Best Reincarnation:
    d3csej.png
  • Best Newcomer: Serafi. The only one I caught a few streams of.
  • Best Corpo Original Song: Runie Ruse – Forbidden.
  • Best Corpo Cover Song: Nanashi Mumei – Stellar Stellar. My Phase contract doesn't apply here so I can be unbiased for once.
  • Best Indie Original Song: Loli God Requiem is still stuck in my head
  • Best Indie Cover Song: S.S. Isa – Useewa. I like Metal, what can I say ?
  • Best New Character Design: Mozumi Pichi. If only she didn't drink piss...
  • Best New Outfit/Model Redesign: Amiya Aranha. I didn't pick pippa, Is this a breach of contract ? 🤔
  • Smartest Business Move of the Year: PC poaching Dizzy Dokuro and other Tsunderia talents. Is it really poaching if you get threatened with bodily harm ?
  • Black Company of the Year: Kurosanji, I swear they'll give my nigga murray a heart attack.
  • Most Notable Graduation/Termination: Zaion LanZa, who knew this was the true power of a Ligma joke.
  • Schizo Fan of the Year: "loves their oshi a little too much"? C'mon now, you knew exactly what you were doing with this description, I rate it a HUION 21'/10 :smugselen:
  • Most Notable Yab: You can't best Riro, the "I totally would, tho" was *chef's kiss*
  • Menhera Talent of the Year: Shondo watch out, there's a new Menhera Hextraordinaire in town.
  • Bitch Queen of the Year: :vomit:
  • Crossover of the Year: Null begrudgingly endorses Pippa after microdosing Hitler. Not even particles at this point, we goin full Fuhrer Huffing in this bitch.
  • Favorite Rrat: Fishman secretly funds both this site and the homeland. My favorite rrat, definitely not true, 100% unfounded.
  • Containment Breach of the Year: HexaVT gets mutually groomed by John Vtuber and joins the forum. No mention of Short getting groomed by Megu
    d0tsxw.png
  • Asylum Historical Event: The Legend of Jambalaya, rollin’ ‘n’ trollin’ or That Time I Was Reincarnated as an Italian. Looking back to his first and second posts in the pippa thread, It still baffles me his persona went from Italian ESL to becoming apt at english at a more or less organic pace.
I wonder how many people actually took the time to translate that insult/rant post I sent to @superduper.
Guarda quei ditini paffuti che hai! Sono così tondi e morbidi che sembrano salsicce! Non riesci nemmeno a indossare gioielli senza che i tuoi dita sembrino stretti in una morsa. Forse dovresti considerare di usarle solo come peso per ancorare una barca, così almeno avrebbero una ragione d'essere. Sei come un grigio cielo nuvoloso in una giornata d'estate, senza alcun fascino per attirare l'attenzione. Saresti più adatta a tenere compagnia alle ombre, perché il desiderio e l'attrazione sono ben lontani dal tuo orizzonte. Quante volte hai visto i tuoi amici, tutti così attraenti e affascinanti, circondati dall'ammirazione degli altri? E poi ci sei tu, la bruttina del gruppo, sempre in ombra, sempre trascurata. E sai perché? Perché sei l'incarnazione della mediocrità, un'opera di scultura malriuscita, un quadro senza colore. Non c'è da stupirsi che nessuno abbia mai sognato di posare gli occhi su di te, perché sei come una nota stonata in una melodia perfetta. E quei tuoi occhi...oh, quei tuoi occhi senza vita, sono come due pozze di fango stagnante in cui nessuno vorrebbe mai sprofondare. Quindi, cara, affronta la realtà: sei grassa, sei brutta e non c'è niente che possa salvarti.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
I guess we're not using the google forms then? Well alright;
The Good

Best Corpo of the Year
Corporations with the best talents and/or business practices.
  • Idol Corp
Best Indie of the Year
Best talents that make it on their own without the support of a corporation.
  • Amiya Aranha (N/A i guess i don't watch any of these)
2 View Spotlight
Favorite vtubers under 100ccv.
  • Sena Bonbon
Best Reincarnation
Talents who came back under a successful new identity. For simplicity’s sake this will only count talents reincarnated into a corpo, talents returning to their past lives or going indie after being fired do not count.
  • Iekushi Chapipi (Roca Rourin)
Best Newcomer
Talents that debuted this year and instantly won our hearts. This includes talents whose past lives were not discussed prior to their current incarnation.
  • Gavis Bettel
Best Corpo Original Song
Best original songs by corporate vtubers.
  • N/A i don't know any of these
Best Corpo Cover Song
Best song covers performed by corporate vtubers.
  • Roca Rourin – Backlight
Best Indie Original Song
Best original songs by independent vtubers.
Best Indie Cover Song
Best song covers performed by independent vtubers.
  • Amiya Aranha – Duvet
Which new vtuber design tickled your fancy?
  • Mozumi Pichi
New outfits that rival or even surpass the original design.
  • Amiya Aranha
Smart moves by vtubers or corpos that greatly improved their credibility or lead directly to great financial gain.
The Bad

The blackest of shady companies.
  • CyberIdol
The saddest and most shocking of honorable (and dishonorable) discharges.
  • Vesper Noir/Magni Desmond
Schizo Fan of the Year
Who loves (or hates) their oshis a little too much?
  • Kestraline
Most Notable Yab
On and offscreen fuck ups that shocked and amused us, usually with negative consequences to the talents involved.
  • Riro Ron tries to organize an orgy with her fans, does drugs on stream, and “conducts a secretive relationship” with her manager
Celebrating our favorite mentally ill women (and one guy too I guess).
  • Fallen Shadow
Bitch Queen of the Year
Someone who constantly stirs up or inserts themself in minor drama in order to gain clout or virtue signal.
  • Froot
The Absolutely Mad

Crossover of the Year
Times vtubers crossed over into other forms of entertainment, especially the sektur and the normie sphere.
  • Asmon Papa and ksqii
Favorite Rrat
Rumors, theories, and schizo ramblings. Adherence to reality may vary.
  • Marimari plays Smash with 5 guys (fries not included)
Times where talents have interacted with or publicly acknowledged the site. The interaction must be natural and of the talent’s (or their mods’/friends’) own volition, this is not an invitation to shill this site or ask for special attention from your oshi.
Asylum Historical Event
Significant events and sagas specific to this site from this year.
  • TVA (mostly Murray) helps to expose several scandals and black companies

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Will vote later, but I'm bored and have some time to kill at work, so:

Best Corpo of the Year: Hololive
I'm obviously a big Phasefag (though, I'm a big Holofan as well), but I still have to give it to Holo. Phase had a really good year. Even though I didn't watch the vtuber awards thing, I think it's fair to call Phase the rising star of 2023, but I think best still goes to Holo. But it's really close. I think it's fair to say Phase objectively had a great year.
Best Indie of the Year: Clio Aite
Some good choices here, but I really like Clio. I don't watch her as much, but I still do catch some of her streams at times. She's a very cozy and comfortable streamer who is very interesting to listen to, especially when she starts talking about history. Plus, her collabs with Lumi have been a lot of fun.
2 View Spotlight: Natsumi Hanamori
I don't watch her much, but I like her and the clips that get posted from her stuff.
Best Reincarnation: Pikamee (Henya the Genius)
This was a tough one. It was pretty close between Pikamee and Purin, but I have to go with Pikamee. I didn't watch her much outside of some clips here and there, but the Hogwarts controversy, along with her graduation announcement after a month of silence due to the controversy was massive. Even Jersh talked about it a few times, along with others outside of this sphere. So when Henya showed up, it was huge. She also seems very happy with this, so I have to go with her.

Definitely a special mention for Purin, though. She seems very happy with Phase now, and it's very wholesome to see her so close with her former Tsunderia-mates all back in the same group.
Best Newcomer:
I don't watch any of these, so I have no idea. Since it doesn't seem that's an option, I can probably only vote on which character design I like best. Will determine that later.
Best Corpo Original Song: Isekaijoucho – And Return to White
I've said it many times, but I'm not much into vtuber music, so I don't generally listen to much.

I almost locked  Forbidden by Runie for this because I do really like that song, but then I saw And Return to White next on the list. I really enjoy this song. It's genuinely a good song, not just as a vtuber song. In fact, I'm listening to it right now after getting to this section. I honestly won't be surprised if it ends up in my top 5 most replayed songs on Spotify next year, which will be a first for a vtuber song. Thanks to @Shuba Saber for recommending this one.

Special mention to Forbidden by Runie, though. I really enjoy that song as well. Immediately after all the Gen 3 debuts, I went back to listen to it again because I enjoyed the first listen in her debut stream. Another one I won't be surprised if it hits in my most replayed songs on Spotify.
Best Corpo Cover Song:
As of writing this, I'm going to be honest, I haven't listened to any of these. My bias wants to pick Towa. I don't remember if I listened to that song or not. As I've said, I don't listen to much vtuber music. Might give a few a listen before actually voting later.
Best Indie Original Song: Chikafuji Lisa – Remnants
I know I listened to this one. I remember thinking it sounded great, but no offense to Lisa at all, it didn't stick with me. But by default, since this is the only one I did listen to, it goes to her.
Best Indie Cover Song: Suou Patra – Day After Day (guitar cover) (Note: While definitely worth noting she played the guitar for this cover, do know that she also does the vocals for it. EDIT: I was wrong, and this was cleared up. Still my favorite.)
Now this is one I definitely listened to and still go back to listen to. Very good cover, made better by the fact that she does the vocals and guitars for this cover. Patra continues to impress me with how talented she is.
Best New Character Design: Kilia Kurayami
While most of these are good designs, none of them really pop out to me or come close to being a favorite. I guess Killia and Shiori are pretty close for me, but I'll give the slight edge to Killia.
Best New Outfit/Model Redesign: Chikafuji Lisa
Great design. Lisa already had a top tier design going for her, but the update is super clean and great. Her different hair toggles look great.

Special mention to Amiya. Her outfit looks great on her, and as a big black metal fan, the black metal style text on her shirt is great and definitely caught my attention.
Smartest Business Move of the Year: Sayu’s response and systematic take down of Nijisanji’s termination notice
Some good picks here, but I think I have to give it to Sayu. Say what you will about her woman moments on Twitter, it was a very smart move for her to take the time to consult a lawyer and put out a well-thought-out response to her termination notice. Obviously, the whole thing comes down to two sides giving their side, but Sayu probably gave her side in the best way possible.

As a Phasefag, I'd like to give special mention for them taking on many former Tsunderia members. Obviously a good move for them, but as I've said many times, I really like that many of them get to be together again in the same group after Tsunderia collapsed. While they all get along with everyone in Phase, it's wholesome to see them so close to each other again.
Black Company of the Year: AkioAir
I didn't really pay as much attention to most of the others, but watching AkioAir collapse in real-time was something else. Especially seeing the stuff from this Jason guy and the Chinese guy who was super pissed. And it all started with one fucking Tweet. Was wild.
Most Notable Graduation/Termination: Riro Ron
Some good picks, but it has to go to Riro Ron. Setting aside any rrats, the fact Idol's statement mentions things like misuse of controlled substances on stream, soliciting private meet-ups with fans, and having a secret relationship with a manager was wild. And all after the "harem" incident.

Even though I didn't watch her much, Yuri's termination was the closest home something like that has hit, but even the rrats/theories surrounding her termination aren't as crazy as the official reasons for Riro Ron's termination.
Schizo Fan of the Year: Kestraline
While Nolan is a forum favorite, and I find Henri's schizo ass entertaining, it has to go to Kestraline. This dude was directly involved with a vtuber, completely fucked up that relationship, and continued to go after her for months until completely turning on her and trying to convince everyone around him to his side until he was exposed. Fucking wild.

Henri has done some of the same as him, and I'd say he's more schizo, but he wasn't as close to Pippa. He also isn't a potential threat to her. I won't accuse Kestraline of definitely being a threat to Charlotte, but he has some of her personal information, which can be alarming.
Most Notable Yab: MarinaVT
Oh man, these are some good ones. As of writing thjs right now, I'm still trying to decide.

Obviously, as a Lumi fan, the skinwalking incident was fucking hilarious, and it backfired hard on Hylo especially while Lumi barely acknowledged the controversy. I definitely wouldn't vote this as notable yab, but it was funny as hell. It's also the incident that made me break my lurker status here.

Selen's was sad and very concerning given the aftermath even continuing on to now. I wouldn't vote this either because it was her being massively fucked over, and it was just sad.

I don't know anything about Hana, but that shit was funny and backfired in the most expected way possible. This is a strong contender.

Matsuri's is worth mentioning, but not as notable. I'd almost say it's worth her entry including her getting more and more lewd as time passes, including with her roommate stuff.

Marina's is another strong contender because it was the face of Twitch completely revising their shitty change about a day or so later. On top of that, it brought more people out to turn-on Marina and expose a bunch of shit about him. This also spread far outside the vtuber sphere. I think I'm voting for this one.

Riro Ron's is another strong contender for the reasons I gave in most notable termination.
Menhera Talent of the Year: Mikeneko
While I admittedly still have a stupid soft spot for her, this goes without need for discussion.
Bitch Queen of the Year: MarinaVT
While my bias kind of wants to pick Hylo because of how funny her failed attempts against Lumi have been, I have to give it to Marina. Troon shit aside, this fucker is absolutely irredeemable given how much shit he's been apart of and destroyed. And with the amount of people he's gone after, he's an absolute blight on the vtubing sphere. Eat shit Marina.

As for Hylo, while much of her shit is self-inflicted, I actually hope she fixes herself. She needs to stop trying to stir shit, especially with Lumi, and move on like most of the other Cyberlive girls have. She has the potential. I won't ever be a fan of whatever she does, but I don't wish ill on her.

Froot is a good candidate for this too, but Marina's existence takes the heat off of her for this.
Crossover of the Year: Null begrudgingly endorses Pippa after microdosing Hitler
Getting Jersh to not automatically shit on anime or vtubing is funny. The same can be said whenever he talks about Rekieta's relationship with Pippa and Phase. In fact, in a recent MATI, he was a lot less abrassive towards Pippa and Phase when talking about Rekieta's drama with them. Granted, it's more because of his disdain with what Rekieta has become, but I'll take it.

Lumi's Gollum review incident was hilarious. I'd give an honorable mention to Asmon clicking on her stream while livestreaming and him and his audience being greeted with Lumi comparing Brazilians closer to goats than people. Or Lumi getting Twitter banned for saying "Kill him" regarding Coomalot's incident.

In fact, an honorable mention to Rekieta and Coomalot's falling-out with Pippa and their subsequent seething over it. I'd actually vote for this if it was an option.
Favorite Rrat: Lumi is a devious sorceress who orchestrates all misfortunes within the industry
I have to give into my bias for something. This one is always funny, especially since she plays into it a lot. Just the thought of this lovable tard being this mastermind behind the eventual downfall of vtubing is great.

The Marimari one is amazing as well, especially with how well she rolls with it.

The fishman funding this site and Superduper being Rie are also fun ones.
Containment Breach of the Year: Himamiya Rie acknowledges Superduper on stream
All great choices, but I have to go with Rie's. It was incredibly funny to hear her talk about it, and honestly given it involved her facedox, she was a really good sport about it. Props to her taking it as well as she did. Was also the turning point for @superduper to stop fake anti-ing her and start praising her.
Asylum Historical Event: The Trial of Nolan Crush
This is another tough one. Most of these are great. Still deciding as I type this out.

The Nolan trial is definitely one for the history books of this site. Especially given how bad he fucked himself over defending DN for zero reason. And then him being banned literally minutes before the Advent debut. There's a good chance I vote for this.

Murray and other's work on documenting and exposing many scandals is a high mark for the site. Quality work by them.

Jambalaya's recent troll job was amazing. Unfortunately, it was a bit overshadowed by Niji fucking over Selen, but I got a good laugh at the reveal. Massive props to him for it.

Lastly, the Pipsite was a lot of fun. I was actually surprised she went through the whole thing on stream. I thought she would browse through a bit, then move on, but she went through every page, read every message, and watched the clips. I know we tried to not fill it up with too much stuff, valuing quality over quantity, but she still spent a good chunk of time going through it. So much so that her mods kept telling her to move on from it. But she seemed to enjoy it, and it was nice to do something as a group for her. As a Pippa fan, this one is high up for me.

My retarded ass types way too much stuff sometimes, but was interesting reflecting on so many things from last year. Will submit my answers to the form a little later.

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Vote Hexa for Menhera Talent of the Year or you're all a bunch of yamanbas.
1698050050150395.png

Edit: Jannies keep editing my slurs :annoyedpippa:

I gave it to the horse because of all of the retarded menhera moments and that one really dumb Twitlonger thing she made about some dude online grooming her.

Nigga, there is a reason why the thread was locked, so you didnt write out your answers on it. This is a discussion thread if you want to fling shit at each other over who has shit taste in oshi and who doesnt.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Missed opportunity to not include Cheri Lupina for Best Newcomer

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
Thanks for all the input everyone. It'll be a lot of help for next year.
View attachment 61262

Ok wait I didn't know there was a KaliAcc discussion in the Pippa thread. I used to be in their groupchats, and spoke with the leader Miya/Sonia regularly. I think I still have old screenshots/logs of some of the messages on my PC, as well as links to a lot of their old projects, but you'd have to give me a few days to dig. (That is, if the topic isn't fully dead already)
If you're curious, here is where the thread ran across the Kali Yuga Accelerationists. Discussion continues for about 15 pages ending in someone posting your tweet, which I think was your first mention on the forum. TL;DR Pippa is dumb and easily tricked by pictures of cute girls.
https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/live-pippaposting.44/post-156127
Bonus: Here is another vtuber hinting that she is familiar with the cult (at the bottom of the post).
https://thevirtualasylum.com/thread...hanced-segregation-techniques.115/post-195562

I guess I must have misunderstood. I thought it was a cover of an Unlucky Morpheus Song. Was it actually a coproduction? I don't think I would have ever predicted a coproduction between a vtuber and a metal band even if it is a super weeby one. Speaking of metal....
Best Indie Cover Song: Suou Patra – Day After Day (guitar cover) (Note: While definitely worth noting she played the guitar for this cover, do know that she also does the vocals for it.)
I google translated the description to be sure because I noticed a difference between the voice when singing in Japanese and English and it seems like she uses an AI voice for English songs. Patra sings and plays guitar for Japanese songs but only plays guitar for songs with lyrics in English, including this one. Sorry if this is a bit disappointing, I just wanted to be thorough, but as we saw with the Towa song there are some things that get missed especially if all the information is in a language that I can't read.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I google translated the description to be sure because I noticed a difference between the voice when singing in Japanese and English and it seems like she uses an AI voice for English songs. Patra sings and plays guitar for Japanese songs but only plays guitar for songs with lyrics in English, including this one. Sorry if this is a bit disappointing, I just wanted to be thorough, but as we saw with the Towa song there are some things that get missed especially if all the information is in a language that I can't read.
Ah, good to know. My mistake, then. I thought she just changed her voice up. Thanks for clearing it up. Not disappointed with the info, though a bit disappointed that I didn't know this because, as you said, it's harder to get all the info and context from a language I can't understand. Still a lot of context I don't know, so it's good to learn. Much appreciated.

Johnny Jambalaya

BlueSharkTV alt account
Early Adopter
Ward Security
The Good

Best Corpo of the Year
Corporations with the best talents and/or business practices.
  • Idol Corp
Best Indie of the Year
Best talents that make it on their own without the support of a corporation.
  • Amiya Aranha (N/A i guess i don't watch any of these)
2 View Spotlight
Favorite vtubers under 100ccv.
  • Sena Bonbon
Best Reincarnation
Talents who came back under a successful new identity. For simplicity’s sake this will only count talents reincarnated into a corpo, talents returning to their past lives or going indie after being fired do not count.
  • Iekushi Chapipi (Roca Rourin)
Best Newcomer
Talents that debuted this year and instantly won our hearts. This includes talents whose past lives were not discussed prior to their current incarnation.
  • Gavis Bettel
Best Corpo Original Song
Best original songs by corporate vtubers.
  • N/A i don't know any of these
Best Corpo Cover Song
Best song covers performed by corporate vtubers.
  • Roca Rourin – Backlight
Best Indie Original Song
Best original songs by independent vtubers.
Best Indie Cover Song
Best song covers performed by independent vtubers.
  • Amiya Aranha – Duvet
Which new vtuber design tickled your fancy?
  • Mozumi Pichi
New outfits that rival or even surpass the original design.
  • Amiya Aranha
Smart moves by vtubers or corpos that greatly improved their credibility or lead directly to great financial gain.
The Bad

The blackest of shady companies.
  • CyberIdol
The saddest and most shocking of honorable (and dishonorable) discharges.
  • Vesper Noir/Magni Desmond
Schizo Fan of the Year
Who loves (or hates) their oshis a little too much?
  • Kestraline
Most Notable Yab
On and offscreen fuck ups that shocked and amused us, usually with negative consequences to the talents involved.
Celebrating our favorite mentally ill women (and one guy too I guess).
  • Fallen Shadow
Bitch Queen of the Year
Someone who constantly stirs up or inserts themself in minor drama in order to gain clout or virtue signal.
  • Froot
The Absolutely Mad

Crossover of the Year
Times vtubers crossed over into other forms of entertainment, especially the sektur and the normie sphere.
  • Asmon Papa and ksqii
Favorite Rrat
Rumors, theories, and schizo ramblings. Adherence to reality may vary.
  • Marimari plays Smash with 5 guys (fries not included)
Times where talents have interacted with or publicly acknowledged the site. The interaction must be natural and of the talent’s (or their mods’/friends’) own volition, this is not an invitation to shill this site or ask for special attention from your oshi.
Asylum Historical Event
Significant events and sagas specific to this site from this year.
  • TVA (mostly Murray) helps to expose several scandals and black companies
I would assume they will only be counting votes that are cast via the form. Also, oof:

award.PNG

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Top Bottom