"Do I sound like a guy to you? don't answer that..."Fujikura Uruka

TVA Awards 2023 Discussion thread

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Not voting for that Zaion bitch is crazy because her termination started the current NijiEN Crisis arc

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Best Corpo Original Song: Isekaijoucho – And Return to White
I've said it many times, but I'm not much into vtuber music, so I don't generally listen to much.

I almost locked  Forbidden by Runie for this because I do really like that song, but then I saw And Return to White next on the list. I really enjoy this song. It's genuinely a good song, not just as a vtuber song. In fact, I'm listening to it right now after getting to this section. I honestly won't be surprised if it ends up in my top 5 most replayed songs on Spotify next year, which will be a first for a vtuber song. Thanks to @Shuba Saber for recommending this one.
Gonna be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised my Joucho shilling worked at all and that she also got nominated. This is just a meme award for autism points but it was nice to see.

I guess I must have misunderstood. I thought it was a cover of an Unlucky Morpheus Song. Was it actually a coproduction? I don't think I would have ever predicted a coproduction between a vtuber and a metal band even if it is a super weeby one. Speaking of metal....
Yeah it was a coproduction. It happened cause of a Nissin sponsorship iirc so it was a cool opportunity for both sides.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Nigga, there is a reason why the thread was locked, so you didnt write out your answers on it. This is a discussion thread if you want to fling shit at each other over who has shit taste in oshi and who doesnt.
Fuck you Pissman, form didn't work in a private tab.
I would assume they will only be counting votes that are cast via the form. Also, oof:

View attachment 61291
Hoo boy, time to make another burner google account :^)

Also we are gonna get some shit results from all questions being mandatory, for example, I don't watch anyone in the Indie category and would rather just skip it, same with best corpo original song, I don't recognize any cept' Marines and Guras lesbian beach hut. Also no "Rebellion" By the Advent girls? I guess cuz they did it as a unit?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Best Corpo of the Year: Hololive
Even as a Phase fag, I have to acknowledge that Hololive is just rock solid

Best Indie of the Year: Filian
I don't even watch Filian but she actively strives to improve the scene overall and will occasionally shine a spotlight on smaller indies

2 View Spotlight: Onolumi
I don't actively watch any of them but I picked Onolumi because I have popped into her stream a few times because she has the best game choices

Best Reincarnation: Go! Go! Nippon! Girls (Fuwamoco)
The other major ones I considered were Henya and Shiori but Fuwamoco really revitalized HoloEN and perfectly encapsulates everything that Cover is all about.

Best Newcomer: Gavis Bettel
Him and Hakka are the primary reasons why I even acknowledge StarsEN after the Vesper/Magni fucked off. He's a natural entertainer and is effortlessly hilarious.

Best Corpo Original Song: Moona Hoshinova – Who’s Toxic? It’s You
The mid-2000s Avril Lavigne feel to the song is too good.

Best Corpo Cover Song: Nerissa Ravencroft – Love Me Love Me Love Me
Again, I don't even actively watch Nerissa but she knocks it out of the park

Best Indie Original Song: Shigure Ui – Loli God Requiem
This isn't even a discussion, this shit dominated the internet

Best Indie Cover Song: Amiya Aranha – Duvet
It was close between this and S.S. Isa doing Useewa.

Best New Character Design: Sansin Jin
Japanese man screaming while running down a road

Best New Outfit/Model Redesign: Ninomae Ina’nis
Very simple and perfectly displays Ina's personality

Smartest Business Move of the Year: Sayu’s response and systematic take down of Nijisanji’s termination notice
The Hogwarts move from Pippa is definitely second place because it did wonders in the long run but Sayu's response completely cleared her PR while obliterating Nijisanji's in the process.
Black Company of the Year: WACTOR
Possibility the most competitive category and doxing your own talents is impressively bad

Most Notable Graduation/Termination: Zaion LanZa
The most competitive options were Riro Ron and the Vesper/Magni, as the first was "everything your oshi is doing meme" and the second nearly nuked an entire branch. However the Crimes of Zaion of LanZa resulted in such a colossal backfiring that it nuked NijiEN's entire PR. This whole thing swung open the barndoor as she lit it on fire.

Schizo Fan of the Year: Nolan Crush
The other ultra competitor category. Kestraline was a serious contender with his whole escapade of getting involved with the streamer, attempting to isolate them from their friends, and then sending them a tribute was just all too wild. However all the latter revelations about Nolan's personal life and his behavior shows that he is schizo supreme. Kestraline may be a weirdo but Nolan is just broken as a human being.

Most Notable Yab: MarinaVT fails to read Twitch’s new TOS, shows bobs and reaps exactly what he sows
Very tough to choose but that broke containment of the vtuber sphere and got everyone to dogpile them despite the troon protection shield

Menhera Talent of the Year: Fallen Shadow
I was going to choose another option but her menhera moment of her whale leaving her was a nuclear menhera moment as she let all 14 of her schizo voices speak at once.

Bitch Queen of the Year: MarinaVT
Falls back on the notable yab with the Twitch ToS change but all the info coming out about their shady as fuck and backstabby behavior gives them the win here.
Crossover of the Year: Shigure Ui 9mm music video shows up everywhere
Ultra weird crossover

Favorite Rrat: Vesper the spear bearer yabba dabba did all our oshis
5 Guys was super funny but the Vesper yabba dabba did was too great and got a lot of usage, even long after he graduated

Containment Breach of the Year: Pippa accidentally confirms she browses the forum and shows the Pipsite for her anniversary
This was pretty notable as it also got Kirsche to reveal she knows of the place.

Asylum Historical Event: The Trial of Nolan Crush
As much as I would like to vote for myself, this event had a drastic effect on the Asylum as it marked a post-Nolan era and was also bookended with the debut of long-awaited HoloEN3. Just the way this event unfolded was legendary in how stupid it was.
I would assume they will only be counting votes that are cast via the form. Also, oof:

View attachment 61291
Yeah good shit. It's a good thing someone here doesn't have a legion of google accounts to utilize and knows how to keep making even more gmail accounts rapidly.
@ChilChakSack Don't be surprised if you wake up tomorrow and there's 200 extra votes for the choices I've listed. Laziness is all that's stopping me from becoming a filthy rigger at the moment.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I'm just disapointed that I couldn't vote for Sleepy this year as this was the greatest stream of all time

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
My own choices:
Best Corpo of the Year:
Phase Connect
Despite being seen as a "small" corpo the fact is Phase is a corpo "done right". The only sour thing has really been the Yuri incident.

Best Indie of the Year
Clio Aite
You got to love hags. I would have also considered Kirsche or Sawa, but to me Clio stands out.

2 View Spotlight
Natsumi Hanamori
I was leaning towards either her or Bibi but chinchilla at least deserves recognition considering how passionate she is with her English speaking fans and also the fact that she got rejected for the new Phase JP wave, I think we have plenty more time with her for at least another year.

Best Reincarnation
Inukai Purin (Muu Muyu)
Muyu has been through a lot of shit with her family matters and such and to see her be somewhere else with a cow wig on is remarkable. I am glad Sakana managed to poach someone that people wanted to have in the company.

Best Newcomer
Skye Shinryu
In a company that has been somewhat controversial due to other talent and company decisions, Skye stood out as someone you could still shine a light on and ignore the rest. I just wish she could be in another company, but I am sure eventually that day will come.

Best Corpo Original Song
Runie Ruse – Forbidden
I really like Runie's singing. Also I'm happy she got to go somewhere else after the literal bath room bomb (no pun intended) of her last corpo.

Best Indie Original Song
Chikafuji Lisa – Remnants
Lisa's songs are always bangers. I like the made up language parts especially.

Best Indie Cover Song
Amiya Aranha – Duvet
I am a huge fan of Amiya's covers. She deserves to be listened to.

Best New Character Design
Shiori Novella
No wonder so many people on here have profile pictures of her. She looks crazy.

Best New Outfit/Model Redesign
Pipkin Pippa
I know people gave her shit about the Harines but the debut stream was great along with that intro Moonshine made for it.

Smartest Business Move of the Year
Sayu’s response and systematic take down of Nijisanji’s termination notice
The dominoes started to fall after Sayu got fired. And they still are falling today. Pomu is leaving, and Selen is likely next. Plenty of good choices though.
Black Company of the Year
AkioAir
I know WACTOR is likely the winner here but to basically kill your company because you couldn't stay away from hiring a minor to play League and Overwatch is straight up disgusting. Nobody should do anything with that minor, yet some people still wanted to work with her after that.

Most Notable Graduation/Termination
Zaion LanZa
She deserved better. At least Kawaii Gen 3 evolved into V-Dere. Nobody knows what Sayu's future will be although some do speculate she may end up in the next wave of Phase Invaders.

Schizo Fan of the Year
Nolan Crush
This was tough and my choice may not win this time around but I am sure he will win in 2024. Kestraline is a good example of when fan and streamer interactions get ridiculously insane but Nolan is always going to be around. Five years from now, Nolan will still be crying in Chinese fan discords and asking for hugs.

Most Notable Yab
Riro Ron tries to organize an orgy with her fans, does drugs on stream, and “conducts a secretive relationship” with her manager
Needy Streamer Overload / Needy Girl Overdose was only supposed to be a game. Riro Ron used it as a step by step guide instead.

Menhera Talent of the Year
HexaVT
Hexa is certainly going upwards with TVA but she at least deserves this award considering how much of a rough spot she was in for a while. Otherwise I would have went with Tomoe.

Bitch Queen of the Year
Froot
I know Marina will likely win but Froot just can't stop putting her foot in her mouth. When you have to involve your own mother to defend you, that is just fucked up. To some, if Vshojo want to be seen as a company that redeemed itself after the talent walkouts and the auditions scandal, she still needs to be shown the door. You can poach all the Nijisanji talent you want, but people will always point towards her as the problem.
Crossover of the Year
KSON gets a role in two Yakuza games
Good for her. She deserved the role, especially since she has been a huge Yakuza fan predating Vtubing.

Favorite Rrat
Lumi is a devious sorceress who orchestrates all misfortunes within the industry
"SHE JUST CAN'T GET AWAY WITH IT!"

Containment Breach of the Year
Himamiya Rie acknowledges Superduper on stream
Hard to choose but everyone knows about Superduper.

Asylum Historical Event
TVA (mostly Murray) helps to expose several scandals and black companies
The less black companies the better. We need more white companies.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Thanks for setting this up. Forcing votes for every category is going to screw up the counts for categories people don't care about, an option for none would work.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Best Corpo of the Year: Corporations with the best talents and/or business practices.
-Vshojo really turned themselves around Froot not withstanding they get my vote

Indie of the Year: Best talents that make it on their own without the support of a corporation
-Filian this Zoomer fox deserves it for the award show alone good job

2 View Spotlight: Favorite VTubers under 100ccv.
-Isa, this boat with the voice of an angel is a really entertaining dorky scaredy cat

Best Reincarnation: Talents who came back under a successful new identity. For simplicity’s sake this will only count talents reincarnated into a corpo, talents returning to their past lives or going indie after being fired do not count.
-fuwamoco these two are pure happiness and I'm so happy they are taking off

Best Newcomer: Talents that debuted this year and instantly won our hearts. This includes talents whose past lives were not discussed prior to their current incarnation.
-Amano Serafi I love her attitude and her singing is great

Best Corpo Original Song: Best original songs by corporate vtubers
- fools fools fools, this is a stacked category and honestly most of these deserve the win but damn Lui's electroswing style is just too good to my ears. Honorable mentions to Forbidden, Toxic, Psycho, and Mumei

Best Corpo Cover Song: Best song covers performed by corporate VTubers
-Nerissa love me love me love me. The 2nd best cover of this song I've heard behind Remi's Nerissa is a powerhouse singer

Best Indie Original Song: Best original songs by independent VTubers.
-Loligod was a great earworm but I gotta give it to Roza's diss track to the woke crowd aka Sticks and Stones. Short sweet, and to the sharp point

Best Indie Cover Song: Best song covers performed by independent VTubers.
-I'm Invincible. Gotta give it to the og English anime cover artist turned scuff Queen Monarch not to mention the official English voice of Uta

Best New Character Design: Which new vtuber design tickled your fancy?
-Sansin that model is pure thirstpost bait that said all the candidates here are great designs

Best New Outfit/Model Redesign: New outfits that rival or even surpass the original design.
-gotta give it to Shipkin Shippa tho the competition here is fierce as well particularly Kson

Smartest Business Move of the Year: Smart moves by vtubers or corpos that greatly improved their credibility or lead directly to great financial gain
-Sayu's Nijisanji Nuke is unprecedented and no one has yet been able to duplicate it's success. The effects of it has rocked Nijisanji to its core and punctured the first of many to be made holes in Riku's yacht

Black Company of the Year: The blackest of shady companies.
-Wactor, there's some shitty companies here but the Doxing of your own talents takes the cake and eats it too

Most Notable Graduation/Termination: The saddest and most shocking of honorable (and dishonorable) discharges.
-Zaion for Nijis hate boner that blew up in their collective face

Schizo Fan of the Year: Who loves (or hate) their oshi a little too much?
-Kestraline (get some help dude)

Most Notable Yab: On and offscreen fuck ups that shocked and amused us, usually with negative consequences to the talents involved.
-Nijisanji continues their cavalcade of 2023 fuck ups with their stunt that seems to have driven the laughing dragon to try permanent graduation. NIJI MANAGEMENT HATE

Menhera Talent of the Year: Celebrating our favorite mentally ill women (and one guy too I guess).
-gotta give it to Hexa who is insane enough to commit herself to our Asylum and deliver much sweet insider info
Hexa Love

Bitch Queen of the Year: Someone who constantly stirs up or inserts themselves in minor drama in order to gain clout or virtue signal.
-Who else could is be but Marina who royally fucked a ton of people for the lulz and opened the rabbit hole to their ever growing list of bitch moves

Crossover of the Year: Times VTubers crossed over into other forms of entertainment, especially the sektur and the normie sphere.
-Kson got to live her dream TWICE by winning a Yakuza contest I'm so proud of her for making it come true

Favorite Rrat: Rumors, theories, and schizo ramblings. Adherence to reality may vary.
-yabba Dabba doo what else is there to say? It's the joke that keeps on giving

Containment Breach of the Year: Times where talents have interacted with or publicly acknowledged the site. The interaction must be natural and of the talent’s (or their mods’/friends’) own volition, this is not an invitation to shill this site or ask for special attention from your oshi.
-once again Hexa takes it for being insane enough to go mask off here and putting up with our shit

Asylum Historical Event: Significant events and sagas specific to this site from this year.
-givin it to Murray and TVA for fighting the good fight to protect the Vtubing community

Last edited:

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Best Corpo of the Year: Corporations with the best talents and/or business practices.

-Vshojo really turned themselves around Froot not withstanding they get my vote

Indie of the Year: Best talents that make it on their own without the support of a corporation

-Filian this Zoomer fox deserves it for the award show alone good job

2 View Spotlight: Favorite VTubers under 100ccv.

-Isa, this boat with the voice of an angel is a really entertaining dorky scaredy cat

Best Reincarnation: Talents who came back under a successful new identity. For simplicity’s sake this will only count talents reincarnated into a corpo, talents returning to their past lives or going indie after being fired do not count.

-fuwamoco these two are pure happiness and I'm so happy they are taking off

Best Newcomer: Talents that debuted this year and instantly won our hearts. This includes talents whose past lives were not discussed prior to their current incarnation.

-Amano Serafi I love her attitude and her singing is great

Best Corpo Original Song: Best original songs by corporate vtubers

- fools fools fools, this is a stacked category and honestly most of these deserve the win but damn Lui's electroswing style is just too good to my ears. Honorable mentions to Forbidden, Toxic, Psycho, and Mumei

Best Corpo Cover Song: Best song covers performed by corporate VTubers

-Nerissa love me love me love me. The 2nd best cover of this song I've heard behind Remi's Nerissa is a powerhouse singer

Best Indie Original Song: Best original songs by independent VTubers.

-Loligod was a great earworm but I gotta give it to Roza's diss track to the woke crowd aka Sticks and Stones. Short sweet, and to the sharp point

Best Indie Cover Song: Best song covers performed by independent VTubers.

-I'm Invincible. Gotta give it to the og English anime cover artist turned scuff Queen Monarch not to mention the official English voice of Uta

Best New Character Design: Which new vtuber design tickled your fancy?

-Sansin that model is pure thirstpost bait that said all the candidates here are great designs

Best New Outfit/Model Redesign: New outfits that rival or even surpass the original design.

-gotta give it to Shipkin Shippa tho the competition here is fierce as well particularly Kson

Smartest Business Move of the Year: Smart moves by vtubers or corpos that greatly improved their credibility or lead directly to great financial gain

-Sayu's Nijisanji Nuke is unprecedented and no one has yet been able to duplicate it's success. The effects of it has rocked Nijisanji to its core and punctured the first of many to be made holes in Riku's yacht

Black Company of the Year: The blackest of shady companies.

-Wactor, there's some shitty companies here but the Doxing of your own talents takes the cake and eats it too

Most Notable Graduation/Termination: The saddest and most shocking of honorable (and dishonorable) discharges.

-Zaion for Nijis hate boner that blew up in their collective face

Schizo Fan of the Year: Who loves (or hate) their oshi a little too much?

-Kestraline (get some help dude)

Most Notable Yab: On and offscreen fuck ups that shocked and amused us, usually with negative consequences to the talents involved.

-Nijisanji continues their cavalcade of 2023 fuck ups with their stunt that seems to have driven the laughing dragon to try permanent graduation. NIJI MANAGEMENT HATE

Menhera Talent of the Year: Celebrating our favorite mentally ill women (and one guy too I guess).

-gotta give it to Hexa who is insane enough to commit herself to our Asylum and deliver much sweet insider info
Hexa Love

Bitch Queen of the Year: Someone who constantly stirs up or inserts themselves in minor drama in order to gain clout or virtue signal.

-Who else could is be but Marina who royally fucked a ton of people for the lulz and opened the rabbit hole to their ever growing list of bitch moves

Crossover of the Year: Times VTubers crossed over into other forms of entertainment, especially the sektur and the normie sphere.

-Kson got to live her dream TWICE by winning a Yakuza contest I'm so proud of her for making it come true

Favorite Rrat: Rumors, theories, and schizo ramblings. Adherence to reality may vary.

-yabba Dabba doo what else is there to say? It's the joke that keeps on giving

Containment Breach of the Year: Times where talents have interacted with or publicly acknowledged the site. The interaction must be natural and of the talent’s (or their mods’/friends’) own volition, this is not an invitation to shill this site or ask for special attention from your oshi.

-once again Hexa takes it for being insane enough to go mask off here and putting up with our shit

Asylum Historical Event: Significant events and sagas specific to this site from this year.

-givin it to Murray and TVA for fighting the good fight to protect the Vtubing community
spoiler this shit you redditspacing retard

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Some categories have a fairly nice spread of votes among almost all nominees. I had expected everyone to just vote for the first one on the list.
1704779504042.png

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
LOL Everyone hates Google i guess
Do votes here even count?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
LOL Everyone hates Google i guess
Do votes here even count?
Some people don't read and don't even know its a thing. Need one of those forum Announcement things at the top.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Why am I not on the listings for schizo fan of the year? I know I'm not really any competition compared to those listed but I c'mon!

Edit: Okay I guess I'll take being in the listings twice for the last part of the awards. But I sincerely think the person who popularized the Hime rrat should get some credit in that award (whoever it was).

Bronze

Everyone's sharing their votes specifically, so I'll join as I'm bored. I've forgotten few choices, and it seems i can't check them(or don't know how to).

Best Corpo of the Year: Hololive
My heart says Phase, but logically its either Hololive, or Vshojo with Henya and afterwards. Holo doesn't have Froot so it gets the vote

Best Indie of the Year: Filian.
She managed to do a big passion project of hers, and it was pretty well done, better than I've expected. She's also the one i watched most among them.

2 View Spotlight: Natsumi
Familiarity bias

Best Reincarnation: FWMC
I've already made my case in this thread. BAU BAU

Best Newcomer: Reina(iirc).
A suprising debut from a :gurawho: company with cute model, good personality and great singing. If not for her, would vote for Lottie as i like her. Raden is most logical as she's really unique, but don't know anything more about her.

Best Corpo Original Song: Forbidden
I shilled this song and her singing repeatedly here, that should be enough. Listening on repeat since its premier.

Best Corpo Cover Song: Roca - Backlight
One of my favorite songs, covered amazingly by her. I'm too impressed to think twice.

Best Indie Original Song: Loli God Requiem
It took the internet very fast. I also like the song

Best Indie Cover Song: Amiya - Duvet(iirc)
Familiarity bias. Haven't listened any of them before.

Best New Character Design: Victoria
I have no excuse. I've just checked the full model and liked it really much. Would vote Mozu otherwise.

Best New Outfit/Model Redesign: Either Kson or Pippa i don't remember exactly.
Both are great outfits. Kson is gorgeous, and Pippa's outfit fits her model really well and is customizable with her old looks.

Smartest Business Move of the Year: Vshojo
They turned their public image really fast with new debuts, Henya included. With NijiEN's current situation, feels like they will continue to benefit from this

Black Company of the Year: AkioAir
Don't have much to add. "Millions of damages by talents"

Most Notable Graduation/Termination: Riro Ron
Recency bias plus the bomb accusations Idol dropped with it.

Schizo Fan of the Year: Kestraline
Read the post, hated it.

Most Notable Yab: Selen situation
A huge "Fuck you" to her from her own company. This will leave a bitter taste in her and her fanbase for a long time, while also having a domino effect of negative consequences.

Menhera Talent of the Year: Hexa
First time seeing a menhera episode happening because of a good collab :kaelaapprob: At least it ended well.

Bitch Queen of the Year: Marina
My PFP says it all.

Crossover of the Year: Kson yakuza appearance
She achieved her dream, which is a pretty big dream in the first place, and Yakuza is one of my favorite series. Looking forward to her in 8.

Favorite Rrat: Lumi is source of all bad
It's funny for me and im a phase lover.

Containment Breach of the Year: Hexa joins
Happened while i was here, so i got to experience it live.

Asylum Historical Event: Murray exposes
These aren't just companies that pay less, make mistakes, stay too small to achieve success or don't grow their talents optimally. Some are absolutely horrible companies that make their talent suffer and do nothing to change it. We need less Akioairs, and we aren't getting it without exposure.

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Why am I not on the listings for schizo fan of the year? I know I'm not really any competition compared to those listed but I c'mon!

Edit: Okay I guess I'll take being in the listings twice for the last part of the awards. But I sincerely think the person who popularized the Hime rrat should get some credit in that award (whoever it was).
shut up rie

azlk

curiosity didnt kill the cat but sure gave it PTSD
Lumi skinwalking as her ex-coworkers
Is there a source/keywords to search? I'm mighty interested in lemon woman's antics

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Is there a source/keywords to search? I'm mighty interested in lemon woman's antics
https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/general-vtuber-discussion-v1.1/page-2433#post-64183

Discussion starts here. It goes on for about a day or so. Definitely worth reading through the various pages, as there were some fun updates as time went on. She streamed it on April 1st on Twitch, but unsurprisingly, it doesn't look like she uploaded it to her Twitch archive channel. An archive may exist, but I don't know.

Last edited:

seenister

If Forbidden doesn't win this, you fags really have shit taste in music.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
How is Biboo not on the Best Newcomers list?

Top Bottom