"I didn't go to my class reunion; Everyone is working for hedge funds, Goldman Sachs, crazy stuff, while I'm out here... like this! ahHaHAHAHAha"Amanogawa Shiina

Vidya Games Thread

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I have a soft spot for SMITE.
The concept of different gods duking it out is really fun, too bad Hi-Rez and their spaguetti code break something every patch.

I don't know if it's just my memory being rose tinted or if I'm doing something different nowadays, but Hades feels like utter shit compared to what I remember. I recall I used to be an Arena nightmare but coming back after maybe... 2 years minimum I just get fucked constantly.

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
I don't know if it's just my memory being rose tinted or if I'm doing something different nowadays, but Hades feels like utter shit compared to what I remember. I recall I used to be an Arena nightmare but coming back after maybe... 2 years minimum I just get fucked constantly.
Hades is busted in Solo right now, the item meta works well in his favour.
Not to mention his ult is insane.
1668822013649.png

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
I know his ult is pretty good but for reference the last time I really played, Ao Kuang was still a flying snake. Some shit has changed since then and it's throwing me, and itemization's always been the most annoying part of a moba to learn.

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
I know his ult is pretty good but for reference the last time I really played, Ao Kuang was still a flying snake. Some shit has changed since then and it's throwing me, and itemization's always been the most annoying part of a moba to learn.
Man that was a long time ago, a lot of stuff has changed between the time Ao Kuang was a snake and now, the biggest of them happening in S8 bringing back starter items, and then season 9.5 by increasing base stats and TTK, making early game more forgiving for squishy characters.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I bought this just now if that's the Pokémon rip off you recommended.

Don't kill me... I've never played a Pokémon game before. I seem to have played EVERYTHING but one of the most popular franchises ever.

E: in my defense Quake & Diablo came out the same year and I was way to busy playing those.
I'm glad I read guides.
The first few areas at the beginning of Nexomon are locked out post-game so there's some fights/items/monsters that are miss-able.
The strategy I'm going with is to catch what I need, including spares for their evolutions, before going to the next area.
It's better than Pokémon if for nothing else than basic monster fights give you money, not just trainer battles like Pokémon.
Grinding out cash for the not-Pokéballs is less of a pain this way.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is one of the best medieval set games in existence and anyone who disagrees is a filthy fucking cuman.

As for multiplayer games, Hell Let Loose is pretty much the only FPS I bother with these days but I'm looking forward to Six Days in Fallujah and will occasionally play BF4 operation metro just for the nostalgia. I recently picked up and started God of War Ragnarok which I'm enjoying a lot. I might pick up Assassin's Creed Mirage when it releases since I miss the old school AC gameplay and it supposedly goes back to those roots instead of using the shitty rpg combat in Origins-Valhalla.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
The third is Golf Story.
The further I get in this game, the more I despise putting. I'm fine with driving and chipping, but I absolutely suck at putting. I wish there was a good place to practice it.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Since I don't really follow game news outlets (lol) I've just found out that there's a remaster of Tactics Ogre for PS4 and switch. Not only that it's based on the PSP TO, arguably the greatest jrpg ever made. Anyone played it?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Since I don't really follow game news outlets (lol) I've just found out that there's a remaster of Tactics Ogre for PS4 and switch. Not only that it's based on the PSP TO, arguably the greatest jrpg ever made. Anyone played it?
No, I really want to play it with all the QoL changes it has, but not enough to pay $50 for a SNES game that I already played back in 2010.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
If anyone here likes yugioh and doesn't want to pay jewnami a single cent, you can play on duelingnexus, it's online browser based so you don't have to install anything, you just need to make an account which is free.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
No, I really want to play it with all the QoL changes it has, but not enough to pay $50 for a SNES game that I already played back in 2010.
Then again... SNES games did cost $50 or $60 back in the day :pippasquish:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Put it on your Steam wishlist and wait for it to go on sale.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is one of the best medieval set games in existence and anyone who disagrees is a filthy fucking cuman.

Sell me on it. I've played it briefly before on console when I got it in a sale and kind of stumbled around with it, didn't get much of a feel for it but I'm interested enough that I got it again through I think some humble bundle of the past and recently installed it intending to try it again but every time I look at my steam list I just load CK3 to play Elder Kings 2 instead.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Sell me on it. I've played it briefly before on console when I got it in a sale and kind of stumbled around with it, didn't get much of a feel for it but I'm interested enough that I got it again through I think some humble bundle of the past and recently installed it intending to try it again but every time I look at my steam list I just load CK3 to play Elder Kings 2 instead.
The start can be a bit rough because there are a couple of specific ways to get combat skills up that are easy to overlook, and travel can be difficult until you get a horse. But it's a beautiful and well-realized game with a serviceable plot that has no woke BS and good voice acting.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
The start can be a bit rough because there are a couple of specific ways to get combat skills up that are easy to overlook, and travel can be difficult until you get a horse. But it's a beautiful and well-realized game with a serviceable plot that has no woke BS and good voice acting.

I got to about the point the first time I played where I was really starting to be unleashed into the open world and kind of wandered into a bunch of shit with no direction and got slapped around a lot and gave up because I felt like I was getting my ass beat for daring to go off the rails. I have such a hated time with the initial upward crawl a lot of games tend to start off in and the thought of having to sit through several hours of training montage before I can even begin to presume my character adequate enough to start gameplay puts me off, even though I'm sure I'll really like the game once I get past that hurdle, it's reaching that point that just sucks.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I got to about the point the first time I played where I was really starting to be unleashed into the open world and kind of wandered into a bunch of shit with no direction and got slapped around a lot and gave up because I felt like I was getting my ass beat for daring to go off the rails. I have such a hated time with the initial upward crawl a lot of games tend to start off in and the thought of having to sit through several hours of training montage before I can even begin to presume my character adequate enough to start gameplay puts me off, even though I'm sure I'll really like the game once I get past that hurdle, it's reaching that point that just sucks.
Recommended things to do for raising skills in the early game:

Train a bunch of skills in the prologue where you don't have to worry about the passage of time and there are free heals from your mom. Herbalism especially, via picking flowers (not a joke).
Practice lockpicking on the chest behind your miller relative's house.
Train your weapon skills with Captain Bernard. Wear cheap armor that doesn't cost much to repair.
Do the weekly tourneys for more weapon training without having to worry about death.
Learn archery at the range under the bridge to the castle in Rattay, practice it more at the floating log game along one of the rivers. There is also a simple mod to add a center dot to the screen when aiming. You can also practice archery by hunting animals in the woods, but this will usually entail at least a little risk due to it being poaching unless you have express authorization to do so.
You can lern 2 reed at a town in the north, which I highly recommend.
Following the main quest will get you a welfare horse, which is the worst horse in the game but a vast improvement over not having one.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Has anyone here played Digimon Survive? I was kind of looking forward to it, until I heard that it was 80% visual novel and 20% strategy RPG.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
One game I can highly recommend for everyone to try out if they like survival games is Project Zomboid, which is currently on sale.
It's a 2.5D isometric style zombie survival game, it does needs some mods to make it great but they're all on the workshop for easy install.

The recommended mods are things like standardized xp gain and a few things the devs didn't add for one reason or another like being able to repair lightbars and heaters on vehicles.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
Recommended things to do for raising skills in the early game:

Train a bunch of skills in the prologue where you don't have to worry about the passage of time and there are free heals from your mom. Herbalism especially, via picking flowers (not a joke).
Practice lockpicking on the chest behind your miller relative's house.
Train your weapon skills with Captain Bernard. Wear cheap armor that doesn't cost much to repair.
Do the weekly tourneys for more weapon training without having to worry about death.
Learn archery at the range under the bridge to the castle in Rattay, practice it more at the floating log game along one of the rivers. There is also a simple mod to add a center dot to the screen when aiming. You can also practice archery by hunting animals in the woods, but this will usually entail at least a little risk due to it being poaching unless you have express authorization to do so.
You can lern 2 reed at a town in the north, which I highly recommend.
Following the main quest will get you a welfare horse, which is the worst horse in the game but a vast improvement over not having one.

I think I may have played on PC a bit before because I remember getting a mod that basically skipped the lockpicking and pickpocketing minigame shit because it was too fiddly with a mouse. Otherwise good tips that won't leave me feeling useless, probably.

One game I can highly recommend for everyone to try out if they like survival games is Project Zomboid, which is currently on sale.
It's a 2.5D isometric style zombie survival game, it does needs some mods to make it great but they're all on the workshop for easy install.

The recommended mods are things like standardized xp gain and a few things the devs didn't add for one reason or another like being able to repair lightbars and heaters on vehicles.

524 hours played so far and always itching to play more even though I'm at a point with the game where every game essentially ends up the same way. For quality of life mods I'd also recommend Minimal Display Bars which adds various display meters to give a visual representation of your various statistics on the hud without having to guess/approximate based on moodles and various other menu pages. You can have your hunger/thirst/fatigue/health and several other measures easily visible, with customizable bar size and placements so you can arrange them however you want.

For more gameplay spice: G.E.A.R. (Graphic Equipment Appearance Rig) and Advanced G.E.A.R. for some increase in carrying options for tools, weapons and storage. Arsenal(26) Gunfighter and Brita's Weapon Pack for more guns and gun related equipment autism, Tsar's Common Library and related submods for more vehicle options with expanded features such as functional RV camper trailers.

Top Bottom