"hello!!!!!!!my name is usadapekora!!!! i'm veryvery cute girl!!! today is cragy english quiz charenge!!!! i'mfiting yeaaaaaaaa!!! so, everyone pekora ouensiro!!!peko!!! sosite pekora wo agame tatematu re!!! cheak it now! come!!! here!!! ret'S go!!!!"Usada Pekora

Vidya Games Thread

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I have to shill this video, it might be the single greatest videogame review of the last fifteen years.

Having watched the review, aside from being hilarious, I'm am floored this game exists. It could only happen in the 2012 to 2014 period. You have a licensed, lower budget title with a large American company name on the box. What did the devs do? They took chunks of Heart of Darkness, The Most Dangerous Game, Spec Ops the Line and then-era COD and put it into hunting sim(?).

It's like a top 10 song that could only happen in a specific year. It's still pretty catchy, but it's lightning in a bottle.

honestly every trailer I've seen for this game screams scam, but they aren't doing any crowdfunding for it. so they may be scamming investors, but that would seriously backfire for them legally. I'm guessing once they hit early access, is when the scam will truly hit, and this trailer is the first time they've ever mentioned early access.

I saw someone do a deeper dive on the topic, and I think the answer is actually more sedate. They put together a trailer more as a pitch for investment, but what they really wanted to sell was other products they were trying to develop. They weren't prepared to actually make a game, and it's been a whirlwind ever since.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
That Cabelas game is fun and ridiculous. Those games tended to be OK AA FPS's, like Jurassic the Hunted. Much better than say Legendary or Turning Point. Not a bad way to spend like 5 hours. Better than anything MS and Sony have put out in the last few years anyway.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
This might be a piss take, but I believe anyone who posts on /pcg/ has jester's privilege. As per the motto of 4chan (formerly the motto of /b/):
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Blizzcon opening ceremony in 45. Come watch the potential dumpster fire.

xX_KenpachiNarutoSlayer420_Xx

>they're admitting to actively catering WoW to dadgamers
it's over

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
holy shit the World of Warcraft LEAK WAS FAKE

it seriously now feels like the WoW finale for real with the announced saga, all left was about Azeroth being born at last

FUCKING NERUBIAN EXPANSION AND DYNAMIC FLIGHT FOR EVERY MOUNT BABY YEAAAH

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Only two more weeks until SMRPG. I'm so fucking hyped. This has been one of my favorite games since I first played it back in like 1999-2000.

Last edited:

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
This is the Classic Plus people have wanted for a long time, looks insane

1699053213266.png

God's Strongest Dragoon

View attachment 54195
Haven't checked out the retail WoW stuff but the SoD stuff is literally Ascension WoW Private Server with stuff like Rune Engravings=Mystic Enchants, abilities from future expansions, mage healers, warlock tanks, etc.

So that's very exciting, here's hoping they go just as crazy.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
holy shit the World of Warcraft LEAK WAS FAKE

it seriously now feels like the WoW finale for real with the announced saga, all left was about Azeroth being born at last

FUCKING NERUBIAN EXPANSION AND DYNAMIC FLIGHT FOR EVERY MOUNT BABY YEAAAH
isin't dynamic flight dogshit without the dragonflight expansion and you know playing it? (almost like they made it dogshit so you can't enjoy it without playing dragonflight at least till 80% through the tree)

I can't wait to hear everyone bitching about how they can no longer get their griffon off the ground

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
isin't dynamic flight dogshit without the dragonflight expansion and you know playing it? (almost like they made it dogshit so you can't enjoy it without playing dragonflight at least till 80% through the tree)

I can't wait to hear everyone bitching about how they can no longer get their griffon off the ground
Sounds like the typical WoW experience, to me. Leave an XPac mechanic in for the next one for some padding, but strip everything that made it tolerable and end up with half-baked implementations. I will likely not give this expansion the time of day. They cucked me too hard with BFA and SL, not trusting them with shit until they prove they can still make a decent game despite their track record.

As for story, the over-arching plot sounds like what we should have had after Legion, so that is good, but the actual story-beats and execution is where they always fell flat on that front.

The whole "Warbands" and alt-friendly shit still smells like they are missing an asterisk of some horrible implementation choice for it. If there is anything the WOW team loves, it is rugpulling the community with really bad game design after announcing a good idea.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Sounds like the typical WoW experience, to me. Leave an XPac mechanic in for the next one for some padding, but strip everything that made it tolerable and end up with half-baked implementations. I will likely not give this expansion the time of day. They cucked me too hard with BFA and SL, not trusting them with shit until they prove they can still make a decent game despite their track record.

As for story, the over-arching plot sounds like what we should have had after Legion, so that is good, but the actual story-beats and execution is where they always fell flat on that front.

The whole "Warbands" and alt-friendly shit still smells like they are missing an asterisk of some horrible implementation choice for it. If there is anything the WOW team loves, it is rugpulling the community with really bad game design after announcing a good idea.
I'm interested in the saga concept of a 3 expansion plan and having Metzen back but as long as Steve Danuser is still Narrative Director, I have no faith in retail's story writing.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Alright Epic Hardcore Gaymers, the new COD campaign is out.

And it's 3 hours long. And literally nothing happens in the entire plot. Soap dies extremely unceremoniously after Makarov comes back to the site of a dirty bomb he planted, that was seconds away from exploding, just to ownzone Captain Price and kill himself (He's not very good at it, since he runs away moments later, to be resolved in the next game, maybe) and General Shepherd dies in a post-credits marvel stinger after not doing much of anything. It's 80% miniature "open ended" segments that are just chunks of MW2019 Verdansk and the new warzone maps slapped together, you get dropped in, get two objectives and a bunch of random lootboxes, never any teammates, and infinitely respawning enemies. Worst of all, there's no ebin michael bay setpieces to soygrimace at whatsoever in the entire thing.

Remember the WW2 game where you shoot down Zeroes in an SBD-1 that has the flight characteristics of a the most balanced Russian plane in War Thunder? The one where the 19-year-old Russian woman singlehandedly kills every nazi in Stalingrad. Yeah, this is somehow worse than that. The multiplayer really doesn't seem like much to write home about because it's pretty much MWII with some weapons removed and different ones added, on maps ported from the original Modern Warfare games because I think they finally realized they haven't made a good map since COD BO2.

That'll be $70, a $10 battlepass, and be sure to buy some cosmetics skins.

AAA is just not having a good year at all.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
You folks overly excited for yet another expansion to the festering corpse of a dying online game (WoW) and install in a game series which exists solely to keep people employed (call of duty) do not get any permission to parrot later about how "games are dying uuUuu".

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
You folks overly excited for yet another expansion to the festering corpse of a dying online game (WoW) and install in a game series which exists solely to keep people employed (call of duty) do not get any permission to parrot later about how "games are dying uuUuu".
Im just sitting here hoping the most annoying bits of the FFXIV community implode or fuck off in entertaining shitshows so i can enjoy the new xpac in peace

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
it seriously now feels like the WoW finale for real with the announced saga,
In that same sentence Metzen mentioned the last twenty years of WoW going into the next twenty years of WoW, they're not killing it any time soon unfortunately.

View attachment 54195
Just play Ascension or Turtle WoW, god damn. Don't give Blizz your money.

I can't even express how sick and tired I am of the dicksucking lovefest that's being pushed between the Horde and Alliance. Even just seeing Anduin casually spouting clichés at Thrall makes me glad I deleted my account.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
and who the fuck plays legacy content on retail lol, the Dyn Flight doesn't feel like shit for me at least, the only downside is wanting to attack something and it doesn't unmount

In that same sentence Metzen mentioned the last twenty years of WoW going into the next twenty years of WoW, they're not killing it any time soon unfortunately.

Just play Ascension or Turtle WoW, god damn. Don't give Blizz your money.

I can't even express how sick and tired I am of the dicksucking lovefest that's being pushed between the Horde and Alliance. Even just seeing Anduin casually spouting clichés at Thrall makes me glad I deleted my account.
go touch grass a bit maybe, jesus, so grumpy

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
go touch grass a bit maybe, jesus, so grumpy
Yeah, I'm not going to be taking life advice from someone who's low IQ enough to be playing WOW retail in 2023.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
So I check this "Indiecade" thing that Steam has on its frontpage thinking its some kind of Indie sale.

Not quite, Valve, stop having third parties advertise their awards show on your platform

For instance, a couple of the "winners"

steamwot.png

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
So I check this "Indiecade" thing that Steam has on its frontpage thinking its some kind of Indie sale.

Not quite, Valve, stop having third parties advertise their awards show on your platform

For instance, a couple of the "winners"

View attachment 54367
Viewfinder is a great game that was recommended to me when I saw smi77y play it so it's quite a ride

But what the fuck is that beside it

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Viewfinder is a great game that was recommended to me when I saw smi77y play it so it's quite a ride

But what the fuck is that beside it
*dusts off his glass and puts them on*

FU1.png
FU2.png
If I am to read into this, it looks like a retro clone made by a tranny prostitute about being a prostitute. It has everything, it has it all.

Top Bottom