"You like ass? Same. I like ass too."Anya Melfissa

Vidya Games Thread

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast
What do you guys think will come out first?, Deltarune or Hiveswap act 3?

Icy

Man, watching Twitter since Persona 3 Reload's release has literally become watching "Persona 3 Fans excited to play Persona 3 for the first time" become reality.

Why the majority of persona fans never played the games?

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Its the same for Danganronpa, I'm guessing back in the day the Tumblr crowd saw some of the emo esque art and attached themselves to it. Perhaps they read the Wikipedia entries if we are lucky.

Persona 4 was the absolute worst with people missing the point of Naoto and Troy Baker I mean Matthew, wait. Anyway that shit seemed to start in the early 10s which is when Tumblr brainrot entered the mainstream.

So 3 avoided that, until now

:gunpeko:

Stunned But Dumb

Aren't you guys glad that Atlus will never show love to 1 and 2?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. Even including last gen, a PC/Playstation was a pretty good combo. There were enough quality Playstation exclusives to justify a PS console, and there were some genres and styles of games I could only get on PC. Both together, I was pretty happy with the games I could pick from.

This gen, I have a Playstation 5 that's severely underworked. There are very few exclusive games on it, fewer still worth playing, and apparently the two lists are getting smaller every day, rather than getting bigger. I'm pretty disappointed so far and I don't see myself buying any Playstation console after the PS5 unless things change significantly.
resists urge to rant about Sony being colossal fucking retards
Here, just have this instead

God's Strongest Dragoon

Doubleposting because I have a relevant request instead of a meme. What's everyone's impression of Helldivers 2 so far? All I've seen are a few gameplay clips that look cool and people saying the servers are absolutely overloaded beyond capacity.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Doubleposting because I have a relevant request instead of a meme. What's everyone's impression of Helldivers 2 so far? All I've seen are a few gameplay clips that look cool and people saying the servers are absolutely overloaded beyond capacity.
Its pretty good, i loved the first game for what it was although playing with randoms is worse than in 1 because of the lack of player tethering. Its a very fun coop shooter though

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I am currently attempting to install it and despite being a 70 gig game the download appears to be less than 20 gigs. Even as a paperweight it is game of the year

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
The game is great fun. You likely won't be able to get logged in to actually play it.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Gotta love a top quality game for only $40 USD too. I don't have it myself yet, but from what I'm seeing all the major complaints are server/networking related. And that's because the devs vastly underestimated how many would be buying this game.

From what i'm seeing too, while it's got some battle pass elements it's not like COD where the guns you get are super OP. Just other flavors of weapons. So a return to form for how online unlocks work.

And personally, this compilation sold me on the game. I can't wait to see what other factions they add to the game.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Been having fun with friends and randoms. Game biggest flaw right now is the server issues, but I think it's forgiving cause they did not expect the game playerbase to be this big. They expected the game to be at 50k launch, but instead it even exceeds their max threshold of 450k player capacity. PC alone has hit 400k, so it's insane to think what the real number is if you add PS5 players into the mix.

Game reminds me a lot of EDF but without the B level monster movie tone. stratagems are fun, but they need to do some rebalancing on primaries/secondary weapons. Most of them feel like downgrades or just gimmick weapons. Only good weapons so far is default rifle, smg, auto shotgun, and machine pistol. It's what you'll see a lot of people run in higher difficulties.

Will say we been eating good so far this year with games like Palworld and Helldiver 2. :makotomisaki:
AAA been slacking but Indie/AA been treating us good this year.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Alerting here for anyone. Apparently FF7 Rebirth has leaked and is out in the wild. Be ready to be more mindful if you're like me.
image.png

God's Strongest Dragoon

from what I'm seeing all the major complaints are server/networking related. And that's because the devs vastly underestimated how many would be buying this game.
Game biggest flaw right now is the server issues, but I think it's forgiving cause they did not expect the game playerbase to be this big. They expected the game to be at 50k launch, but instead it even exceeds their max threshold of 450k player capacity. PC alone has hit 400k, so it's insane to think what the real number is if you add PS5 players into the mix.
Yeah, it's why I'm waiting like 1-2 weeks before I really decide on getting it. I never played the first Helldivers but I had it in my PS4's library from a Playstation Plus free game giveaway. Can't really blame them for the servers because I know the first game was a typical AA game that only ever had like a 5k peak CCV.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
A lot of popular youtubers at the time (I explicitly remember Dunkey doing a review in a positive light which is rare because the dude will trash every JRPG) were playing/reviewing it which caused their audiences to acknowledge it and basically vomit the same opinions out. Also during the height of glowing reviews it had at the time, they added Joker from Persona 5 to Smash Bros Ultimate as the first DLC fighter. I do remember there being a not-insignificant amount of Smash and Nintendo fans at the time saying shit like "why would I play the game if its on a different console entirely switch port plz Atlus!!" Which caused an increase in people portbegging and just watching a playthrough of the important story beats to get the real """experience""". The general waifu stuff and people really overselling the (imho) mid Shoji Meguro soundtrack (it invented jazz!) also contributes to this.
Oh and it also had messages about uh,

Society (like the majority of Atlus games??? Okay.)

Which people really latched onto too.

everyone knows Digital Devil Saga has the best Meguro OST

HELL YEAH BROTHER

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
A lot of popular youtubers at the time (I explicitly remember Dunkey doing a review in a positive light which is rare because the dude will trash every JRPG) were playing/reviewing it which caused their audiences to acknowledge it and basically vomit the same opinions out. Also during the height of glowing reviews it had at the time, they added Joker from Persona 5 to Smash Bros Ultimate as the first DLC fighter. I do remember there being a not-insignificant amount of Smash and Nintendo fans at the time saying shit like "why would I play the game if its on a different console entirely switch port plz Atlus!!" Which caused an increase in people portbegging and just watching a playthrough of the important story beats to get the real """experience""". The general waifu stuff and people really overselling the (imho) mid Shoji Meguro soundtrack (it invented jazz!) also contributes to this.
Oh and it also had messages about uh,

Society (like the majority of Atlus games??? Okay.)

Which people really latched onto too.
everyone knows Digital Devil Saga has the best Meguro OST

Although i do have a nostalgic soft spot for P3 and P4's ost, P5's was bland, all you had was Last Surprise being good

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Gotta love a top quality game for only $40 USD too. I don't have it myself yet, but from what I'm seeing all the major complaints are server/networking related. And that's because the devs vastly underestimated how many would be buying this game.

From what i'm seeing too, while it's got some battle pass elements it's not like COD where the guns you get are super OP. Just other flavors of weapons. So a return to form for how online unlocks work.

And personally, this compilation sold me on the game. I can't wait to see what other factions they add to the game.

The game really offers two different experiences with the factions released so far. You get literal sci-fi vietnam with the bots and you get starship trooper with the bugs. The original game also had a third faction of blue elves, but I think they were defeated in that one and how humans got improved space travel for 2. They might make a return, but there is rumors of a third faction coming down the line. the space map feel like there to be something on the top and bottom part of it. While bots have left side and bugs right side of space map.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Honestly? I wouldn't mind. I've got enough roms/isos and a big enough Steam backlog that I could go at least a decade without needing a new game. Probably longer.
Games as a service and similar bloated design becoming so common feels like a double-edged sword here too. I don't need to buy multiple games anymore when I can dump hundreds of hours into a single good one. Like I should probably stop playing Monster Hunter, but I won't, and I'm not going to drop a ton of money on a console when I know I'm maybe only going to buy a handful of games for it.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I get all of my news from vtubers and it rarely is news I want to see

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Another ringing endorsement for Helldivers. :dokiSmug:

Kabhaal is a veteran, so take that as you will.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter

Rune Factory games are on sale right now, and some of the Trails of Heroes games too (Cold Steel and Trails in the Sky).

I do recommend Rune Factory 4 for 15 buckos. If you like Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, and other RPG/Farming Sims.

Top Bottom