"Kanata is good banana"Oozora Subaru

Vidya Games Thread

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
PlayStation hit with layoffs
It sucks to hear people lose their jobs, but playstation console this generation didn't seem worth having.

This year sony already announced there will be no big AAA exclusive releases till 2025 and that they see PS5 in its later years of it's cycle right now. Microsoft Activision merge was a big hurt too, for COD was biggest selling game and had a huge playstation sales for several releases. Their contract for exclusive content with COD games on playstation is nearing it's end too. Once that happens, you'll start to see more COD exclusive content done for microsoft platforms.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
everyone was wrong, Pokemon Z is finally happening after over a decade, I'm going to laugh myself to sleep

Can't wait for Pokemon Legends:GUN.

Cautiously Optimistic with Arceus being a surprising hit being set in the best generation and bringing back MEGA'S this could be a perfect storm or even more disastrous then sword and shield.

Though with them delaying it till 2025 hopes are cautiously high.

Things they need to do to knock it out of the park

1: No game breaking bugs

2: Refine on what Arceus started

3: Refine on what Generation 5 gave us.

4: New Regional Forms and Mega's

Bullshit theory time: the whole video had pikachu followed around by unknown text the game is called Z-A

Mega Unknown PRIMAL Unknown?

Icy

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Though with them delaying it till 2025 hopes are cautiously high.
Considering that the rumors of whatever will succeed the Switch is set for 2025 (meaning this will likely be a year 1 launch title to sell the console), the fact that they just finished the DLC for Scarlet/Violet and their prior track record; This game is gonna be half baked again lmao.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Considering that the rumors of whatever will succeed the Switch is set for 2025 (meaning this will likely be a year 1 launch title to sell the console), the fact that they just finished the DLC for Scarlet/Violet and their prior track record; This game is gonna be half baked again lmao.
Ehh i get what your saying but thats not how game dev works. unless gamefreak announces it fired everyone during the downtime they still have the pokemon team working on SOMETHING so chances are they make the game for switch 1 and port it to switch 2 which might cause extra instability but they at least had a yearish making improvements to the assets.

why pay people to not work? and last i checked GF shut down their makes other games division.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
everyone was wrong, Pokemon Z is finally happening after over a decade, I'm going to laugh myself to sleep

X and Y was where the series REALLY started breaking down, with one of the most egregious examples being the entire campaign the only two people who have a full stock of 6 pokemon are the League Champion, and your rival post game. If they actually do their damn job and rebuild this game correctly and return it to some semblance of glory this might be something to look out for. But let's be real, no one has any faith in the Pokemon Company and GameFreak anymore. So it's probably going to be just as lazy a 1:1 remake as they can get by doing.
It sucks to hear people lose their jobs, but playstation console this generation didn't seem worth having.

This year sony already announced there will be no big AAA exclusive releases till 2025 and that they see PS5 in its later years of it's cycle right now. Microsoft Activision merge was a big hurt too, for COD was biggest selling game and had a huge playstation sales for several releases. Their contract for exclusive content with COD games on playstation is nearing it's end too. Once that happens, you'll start to see more COD exclusive content done for microsoft platforms.
On top of all this, Sony games have feeling more and more samey as time has gone on. I think people might be getting sick of it and they need to expand the scope of their first party titles.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
X and Y was where the series REALLY started breaking down, with one of the most egregious examples being the entire campaign the only two people who have a full stock of 6 pokemon are the League Champion, and your rival post game. If they actually do their damn job and rebuild this game correctly and return it to some semblance of glory this might be something to look out for. But let's be real, no one has any faith in the Pokemon Company and GameFreak anymore. So it's probably going to be just as lazy a 1:1 remake as they can get by doing.
It's a Legends game, not a remake, it's not going to be 1:1 like XY. It'll be interesting to see how much of the formula is carried over from Arceus, I presume the concept is going to be similar (go around and collect Pokemon/resources to complete the Pokedex vs go around and collect Pokemon/resources to construct Lumiose City) but some things like Pokemon battles leave a lot to be desired, and I hope that gets improved upon. Also they better bring back megas I swear to God :annoyedpippa:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
It's a Legends game, not a remake, it's not going to be 1:1 like XY. It'll be interesting to see how much of the formula is carried over from Arceus, I presume the concept is going to be similar (go around and collect Pokemon/resources to complete the Pokedex vs go around and collect Pokemon/resources to construct Lumiose City) but some things like Pokemon battles leave a lot to be desired, and I hope that gets improved upon. Also they better bring back megas I swear to God :annoyedpippa:
it was confirmed already unless the mega symbol at the end of the trailer is a red herring fuck you to everyone who wants megas.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
it was confirmed already unless the mega symbol at the end of the trailer is a red herring fuck you to everyone who wants megas.
mega meowscarda and its just the sickest cat

like solgaleo but green and leafy

Stunned But Dumb

On top of all this, Sony games have feeling more and more samey as time has gone on. I think people might be getting sick of it and they need to expand the scope of their first party titles.
It's really a shame too. PS first titles used to be rather explosive and varied in what they were, even in the "brown era" or whatever you want to call it of PS3 they were still able to bring up inventive titles likes Infamous. I lost hope for them making another interesting first party game a while ago.

The mega symbol appeared at the end. They ARE returning... THEY MUST.
My Lord Beedrill, My King Swampert, My Queen Lopunny... I have kneeled and waited for your arrival for 1000 years and for 1000 years I would wait again.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
The mega symbol appeared at the end. They ARE returning... THEY MUST.
My Lord Beedrill, My King Swampert, My Queen Lopunny... I have kneeled and waited for your arrival for 1000 years and for 1000 years I would wait again.
I hope they introduce some new megas too, and if Arceus mons getting ported into SV is indicative of anything, megas could make a return in the next game, and we'd finally have a good gimmick again.

mega meowscarda and its just the sickest cat

like solgaleo but green and leafy
:kiaragodno:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Look the games might or might not be shit but pokemon still has good designs sometimes and the megas are USUALLY peak.

Give me Mega Ferrothorn Mega Galvantula Mega Heatmor Mega Liepard and Mega Excadrill.

Awoogers

mega quagsire and he just becomes even more friend shaped

i want that

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Someone freaked out at that nintendo/GF meeting I see. They went to the drawer of Desperation Ideas and dug out "megaevolutions" right back into the scheme of things. Now the ball is back on what Palworld comes up with.

Stunned But Dumb

Megas were like the last good gimmick too. Z-moves were fun, honestly. I didn't hate them, but there was nothing but seethe over them generally. Gigantimax or whatever was like combining megas and z-moves and ending up with less somehow. I don't even care about the crystal crap. I stopped caring about pokemon, but Arceus was a great step in the direction I like so I'm willing to give this a chance if the trailers are nice

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
What's the significance of this "mega evolution" mechanic in pokemon? Is it the same thing as sword and shield with the big pokemon gimmick?

Awoogers

megas are fucking sick

remember mega treeko i fuck with that boy he looks so fucking good

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
What's the significance of this "mega evolution" mechanic in pokemon? Is it the same thing as sword and shield with the big pokemon gimmick?
Mega evolving gives a Pokemon a new form, ability, potentially a new typing, and adds 100 to their base stat total. It's a powerful mechanic that can make even some of the worst Pokemon (Beedrill, Mawile, Sableye) into powerhouses, however it only applies to select Pokemon that are gifted a Mega Stone. Mega Evolution is significant because it was the first big gimmick mechanic in a Pokemon game and it's often considered the best because it gave us some awesome designs and was fairly balanced when compared to what came after.

Stunned But Dumb

God, I'm old

It's a transformation leading to a different design, but they don't turn giant and the transformation is permanent. The moves stay the same, they get a 100 point base stat total boos and their stats in general get speed differently. Garchomp goes from being a speedy physical powerhouse to having strong physical and special power at the cost of his speed for example. They also get a new ability. You're basically playing with a seventh pokemon in the back in a lot of cases. It's a different (better) mechanic.

I forgot to mention, you only can have one mega pokemon and they have to hold a mega stone, so no item. A lot of these mega pokemon were seriously overpowered, some were actually weaker in many ways. It was pretty fun

Awoogers

Mega evolving gives a Pokemon a new form, ability, potentially a new typing, and adds 100 to their base stat total. It's a powerful mechanic that can make even some of the worst Pokemon (Beedrill, Mawile, Sableye) into powerhouses, however it only applies to select Pokemon that are gifted a Mega Stone. Mega Evolution is significant because it was the first big gimmick mechanic in a Pokemon game and it's often considered the best because it gave us some awesome designs and was fairly balanced when compared to what came after.
and the newest gimmick just gave them a hat

which most of the time isnt even seen on full since it fucking shines

Top Bottom