"I'm gonna collect all the genders like infinity stones"Rin Penrose

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
I am once again BEGGING vtubers to turn off marshmallows.
View attachment 72662
View attachment 72663

Backup screenshot
View attachment 72664

It's one thing to send a message thanking a vtuber for being a saving grace, or lifting you out of a dark time (That's literally why I'm a vtuber enjoyer), but never send them a message asking them or telling them to help you. They are not equipped for that. They are not your therapist. They're just a silly autistic streamer trying to entertain people and make their days a little easier.

RiverBear

Thanks. The Niji list of talents wasn't updated yet on the Vtuber wiki and I couldn't be assed to look through the Niji Twitter for new wave announcement

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I watched the whole stream. Game starts directly on main story, with tutorials along the way so you know how to play it. With every fight it introduces tutorials so you learn while playing. First one tells you how to aim, second to change characters, defend, what weapons are there and finally how to use the Ults (burst). Finally you fight the boss of the area (which tells you about weak points) and then shows you the main menu, with the place where you do the dailies. It's all interwoven with the main story, but after that, you are free to do as you like.

It's a rather long tutorial, and I find that some things like the Simulation room (where you grind for upgrade materials) could have been introduced AFTER they let you access the main menu, but the game is committed to the story having even anime cutscenes for it.

NOW, why Nyaru bounced the fuck off of it and people are giving her shit for it?

Nyaru downloaded the PC version of the game. It took her like 30 minutes to download and install it, which I don't know how the fuck it took so long.
I put it in bold because, due to compatibilty in settings:
-GAME STARTS IN WINDOWED. You think this is not really important (and for 90% of players, it's not because it still covers like 80% of the screen), but it's what started it all.
Because the Full screen option is on Settings on the main menu, you can not set the game to full screen until AFTER you beat the Tutorial section.

Nyaru was getting tilted with not being able to set Full screen from second one, and with each tutorial, and each mission she was getting more and more tilted. She started saying that it was dumb but ok, but if after each mission you repeat "Still can't set full screen", you can't claim that it's not bothering you.

Then, after 0 brain reading how Bursts work, completely obsessing over them while saying "I want to play with whoever I want, this shit is supercomplicated" she said what I think got her so much shit.

She said "I'm gonna be honest with you. I think Blue Archive is so much better then this". Then later proceeded to skip all the cutscenes and dialogue while saying "sorry, I'm not interested in the story anymore, you ruined it" until she got access to the settings menu.

After that, the stream was her basically saying "I'm not going to play this again or give it another chance", "Blue archive is better/this is like blue archive but worse", "I want to use the characters that I want, but burst is forcing me to chose specific ones, and I don't understand how this can be so complicated", while chat was trying to explain how burst works (I still don't know how she read it to fail at understanding it so cathastrophically).

If you want to know burst (ults that give buffs/debuffs and damage), it is pretty simple: Every Nikke has a Roman numeral (I, II, III), and once your burst bar is ready it acts like a combo/rotation (if you have MMO brainrot). You pick the I Nikke to activate her burst, then a II, then a III. So I->II->III. Always in that order. That is it. It has cooldowns and other mechanics that don't really matter unless you are a sweatlord.

To be honest, I won't put much attention on her failing to understand bursts on why she is getting shit (despite how much she malded on how overcomplicated the mechanic was).

So, why are people saying she gave it an unfair treatment?
-She played it on PC instead of on the Phone tablet: Nyaru played Blue Archive on her tablet, but chose to play Nikke on the PC client. Playing on the tablet, the game would have been Full screen from the start and would not have soured her mood to the point where 4 fights in, despite really liking the characters and combat, she was already discarding it.

-Comparing it to Blue Archive and saying that the latter is better: You could tell her mind was on the Full screen option while playing it, and then she started skipping all the cutscenes.
One thing to note is that Nyaru seemed to go into Nikke thinking that it was like Blue Archive for some godforsaken reason, when it's the total opposite tonewise.
On Blue Archive you are a "teacher", that goes around solving problems of students from different academies this involves talking and occasionally shooting. Your base is a high-tech classroom.
On Nikke, you are a Rookie commander without experience sent on the battlefield because all the veteran ones bit the bullet. You are in charge of a squad that distrusts you and fight against Alien robots that have decimated humanity to the point of having to retreat underground (basically the Matrix). Your base is a barebones rundown outpost where they exile you after chapter 1, in hopes that you die faster.
There is no comparison.
You play Blue archive for happy fun times, and Nikke for ass, war, PTSD and depression with a smidge of happiness.

Sorry for the brick, but you people asked for it.

PD: She also said that she has never played a game where the prologue lasts that long and that it was ridiculous. Meanwhile, Blue archive prologue lasts 50 minutes.

TL;DR She had a Woman stream.
I played a bit of Nikke a while back, you can also grab one of the window's edges and make the window larger. She sounds like me whenever I try to use Apple coming from Windows and Android.. I'm predisposed to hate it cus nothing works the way I am used to, I'm being forced to try it and will find any excuse to make the annoyance stop. It's not really her fault, the full screen thing on the PC client should have been fixed long ago.

Wan Seventy Three (Bad Co.)

Anti-Simp
So I heard Kotoku Koinuko is going on a indefinite hiatus.

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
Noticing that Coni (idol corp) has stopped streaming as Coni and returned to Menace, doing multiple streams there and tweeting up a storm. The tweets are nothing new (menace account has always been active) but new model, new fan name, new streams.. really seems like she may be leaving Coni behind soon.

Currently engaged in panic mode myself. I'll ofc follow my kamioshi to Menace if that's where she's happier, but the Coni model is my absolute favorite and I'm gonna be so disappointed if it dies. At least Muyu is here to carry on the Mama's legacy :painpeko:
Yeah, same here. I also ordered the entire set of merch for Yuko, and now that she graduated, Idol has ghosted any attempts to contact them for a refund for the product I haven't even gotten yet.
I'm sorry you're going through that, but it looks like my prediction about idol in the death pool is coming true. We are rolling for bonus points, boys.
I wonder if a chunk of Idol business employees got conscripted and it's completely wrecked the internal structure of the company, making things extremely difficult for the talents and people working with them.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
The 28th marks the 7th year since Siro uploaded her first video on YouTube

Happy 7 years to the main reason why I give a shit about this medium.

:sanasmile:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I watched the whole stream. Game starts directly on main story, with tutorials along the way so you know how to play it. With every fight it introduces tutorials so you learn while playing. First one tells you how to aim, second to change characters, defend, what weapons are there and finally how to use the Ults (burst). Finally you fight the boss of the area (which tells you about weak points) and then shows you the main menu, with the place where you do the dailies. It's all interwoven with the main story, but after that, you are free to do as you like.

It's a rather long tutorial, and I find that some things like the Simulation room (where you grind for upgrade materials) could have been introduced AFTER they let you access the main menu, but the game is committed to the story having even anime cutscenes for it.

NOW, why Nyaru bounced the fuck off of it and people are giving her shit for it?

Nyaru downloaded the PC version of the game. It took her like 30 minutes to download and install it, which I don't know how the fuck it took so long.
I put it in bold because, due to compatibilty in settings:
-GAME STARTS IN WINDOWED. You think this is not really important (and for 90% of players, it's not because it still covers like 80% of the screen), but it's what started it all.
Because the Full screen option is on Settings on the main menu, you can not set the game to full screen until AFTER you beat the Tutorial section.

Nyaru was getting tilted with not being able to set Full screen from second one, and with each tutorial, and each mission she was getting more and more tilted. She started saying that it was dumb but ok, but if after each mission you repeat "Still can't set full screen", you can't claim that it's not bothering you.

Then, after 0 brain reading how Bursts work, completely obsessing over them while saying "I want to play with whoever I want, this shit is supercomplicated" she said what I think got her so much shit.

She said "I'm gonna be honest with you. I think Blue Archive is so much better then this". Then later proceeded to skip all the cutscenes and dialogue while saying "sorry, I'm not interested in the story anymore, you ruined it" until she got access to the settings menu.

After that, the stream was her basically saying "I'm not going to play this again or give it another chance", "Blue archive is better/this is like blue archive but worse", "I want to use the characters that I want, but burst is forcing me to chose specific ones, and I don't understand how this can be so complicated", while chat was trying to explain how burst works (I still don't know how she read it to fail at understanding it so cathastrophically).

If you want to know burst (ults that give buffs/debuffs and damage), it is pretty simple: Every Nikke has a Roman numeral (I, II, III), and once your burst bar is ready it acts like a combo/rotation (if you have MMO brainrot). You pick the I Nikke to activate her burst, then a II, then a III. So I->II->III. Always in that order. That is it. It has cooldowns and other mechanics that don't really matter unless you are a sweatlord.

To be honest, I won't put much attention on her failing to understand bursts on why she is getting shit (despite how much she malded on how overcomplicated the mechanic was).

So, why are people saying she gave it an unfair treatment?
-She played it on PC instead of on the Phone tablet: Nyaru played Blue Archive on her tablet, but chose to play Nikke on the PC client. Playing on the tablet, the game would have been Full screen from the start and would not have soured her mood to the point where 4 fights in, despite really liking the characters and combat, she was already discarding it.

-Comparing it to Blue Archive and saying that the latter is better: You could tell her mind was on the Full screen option while playing it, and then she started skipping all the cutscenes.
One thing to note is that Nyaru seemed to go into Nikke thinking that it was like Blue Archive for some godforsaken reason, when it's the total opposite tonewise.
On Blue Archive you are a "teacher", that goes around solving problems of students from different academies this involves talking and occasionally shooting. Your base is a high-tech classroom.
On Nikke, you are a Rookie commander without experience sent on the battlefield because all the veteran ones bit the bullet. You are in charge of a squad that distrusts you and fight against Alien robots that have decimated humanity to the point of having to retreat underground (basically the Matrix). Your base is a barebones rundown outpost where they exile you after chapter 1, in hopes that you die faster.
There is no comparison.
You play Blue archive for happy fun times, and Nikke for ass, war, PTSD and depression with a smidge of happiness.

Sorry for the brick, but you people asked for it.

PD: She also said that she has never played a game where the prologue lasts that long and that it was ridiculous. Meanwhile, Blue archive prologue lasts 50 minutes.

TL;DR She had a Woman stream.
Nikke is my first gatcha game experience and its pretty easy to understand. She's just retarded. But to be fair i dont care about the story. In fact i lose half the battles because im too busy focussing on peeking under Dorothy's dress when she starts shooting.
Where ya sitting, nerds?
12f.png
2. Autistic women LOVE

DanishCookies

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Where ya sitting, nerds?
12f.png
I'm going to have to pick lucky number thirteen, right in the middle of my four favorite EN vtubers. If thirteen isn't available, five and seven both seem like good choices as well.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
She stopped streaming as Coni right at anniversary too, so her contract likely ran out. She's gonna graduate before I get my standee.
Not too sure about her contract ending; she was just announced in the next wave of vtubers going into the VSMP. And her anniversary has come and gone as well with no announcement. (presumably she had to resign her contract a month or so before the anniversary) Though it's not out of the realm of possibility Coni negotiated a shorter contract extension to leave earlier then a year.

My dead pool points were on Fuyo, and she hasn't streamed in a month either...

If it is a hint then it probably is this.

:gurawho:

You play Blue archive for happy fun times...
Mother Fucker what did you say?
nah it really is upbeat shenanigans

Where ya sitting, nerds?
12f.png
Someone's gotta be the basic bitch and say 6.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
The 28th marks the 7th year since Siro uploaded her first video on YouTube

Happy 7 years to the main reason why I give a shit about this medium.

:sanasmile:

7 years in vtuber years is like, 65.
:holohag: :hololove:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Rat and Wigger had a nice stream where they talk about different holomem songs and their own thought processes they take to make music. Worth checking out if you are at all interested or just wanna see Bae and Calli gush over each other.

Void Scribas

Noticing that Coni (idol corp) has stopped streaming as Coni and returned to Menace, doing multiple streams there and tweeting up a storm. The tweets are nothing new (menace account has always been active) but new model, new fan name, new streams.. really seems like she may be leaving Coni behind soon.

Currently engaged in panic mode myself. I'll ofc follow my kamioshi to Menace if that's where she's happier, but the Coni model is my absolute favorite and I'm gonna be so disappointed if it dies. At least Muyu is here to carry on the Mama's legacy :painpeko:

Last time I saw Coni was on the VSMP server. She was playing with Poko

Clearly, she gets along very good with her genmates and with other members of Idol

And she is still tweeting

So what's going on?

Something weird is happening, but I don't know what. For a moment, I thought it was something similar to Yuko, where she was trying to rebrand herself and stop doing asmr and GFE, but then it turned out she has still done ASMR on Coni channel and on Menace ASMR channel.

So is clearly she hasn't started disliking that. In fact, she is very firm that ASMR GFE and RP videos are something that she wants to do.

So what would be the other reason?

Perhaps management has told her to stop doing ASMR? I don't really think is that. But it could be a possibility if someone wants to use for a RRAT

Some contract issue? Is this is going to be a Nanobites situation where the reason of graduation would never be know? Perhaps

Is a graduation even going to happen? Honestly, that's not very clear.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Well this seems in line with what I thought, she went in expecting to see ass, got tilted by the gameplay, the community backseated her for not using burst a.k.a "playing the game the wrong way". She got even more tilted. Then they spammed her even more for skipping the story.

When you heavily advertise yourself as the ass game, people who came to play because of those ads want to skip the story to get to the ass. Demanding people to listen to the story and playing the game properly with burst instead of enjoying themselves and giving her shit for it is very in line with the toxicity of gacha community. I bet they even pat themselves in the back for scaring her off from it forever in their discord community.
As I said, she liked the shooting part of the game. It's more like her brain got stuck trying to comprehend Burst from a quick tutorial and failing miserably, then chat trying to help by explaining it (never explain shit on chat when it has character limit), her misunderstanding, getting confused and progressively more annoyed. She was taking it waaaay too seriously for no apparent reason, probably to avoid sweatlords ironically. Thing is, Nikke it's not a job, and the majority of players set the game to autoshoot and autoburst, letting the game play itself while they stare at asses. If someone tells you that your waifu is not optimal, you can go tell them that their face is not optimal. If you don't understand a mechanic, you skip it and research it later if you want to. You play for fun.

Problem is that Nyaru misunderstood a mechanic so badly as to possibly ruin the fun for her, because She wanted to make a squad of cute girls and got the impression that no. You have to use burst and use a very specific set of characters. Of course, that made people want to help. The explanations clashed with what she thought the tutorial said, got more frustrated and confused, and that + people that think "lol u r so dumb" will help was the last nail in the coffin for her.
As someone once said: Failing to understand something is not a failure from the one who listens(if they are really listening) but from the one who explains.
I played a bit of Nikke a while back, you can also grab one of the window's edges and make the window larger. She sounds like me whenever I try to use Apple coming from Windows and Android.. I'm predisposed to hate it cus nothing works the way I am used to, I'm being forced to try it and will find any excuse to make the annoyance stop. It's not really her fault, the full screen thing on the PC client should have been fixed long ago.
It's dumb. They should have a Settings options on the Login screen, because it's not as if settings are stored in your account. They are stored locally on the client.

Top Bottom