"Your sausage versus my sausage. Do you understand?"Oozora Subaru

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist

Fau

Username Generator

Early Adopter
Where ya sitting, nerds?
12f.png
3, unironically.

VTuberThrow

Silver lining is that the JP girls should all be able to stay in touch with A-chan relatively easily given Japan's size and public transport.

roktofferson

I never even considered A chan leaving. This sucks. Man I'm really sad. Feels a little like the gut punch of coco's announcement... A chan's such a pillar of hololive. Hell she pulled suisei in and suisei became a pillar herself. Fuck I'm sad. I hope whatever family health stuff is going on has a happy ending, she fucking deserves it.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Been slowly reading the thread throughout my day, and I've just been floored all day with this. I never expected her to leave so suddenly. Since I always liked Sora so much it comes as no surprise that A-chan was one of my favorite JP mems as well. I understand why she's leaving and no matter how I feel, I hope everything works out for her, but to be honest man I'm still upset about it.
sadge loofy.png

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Jackie Forests

Rin Tezuka’s Husband
It's hard to imagine Hololive without a lot of people, but at some point they will all have to leave, that's just how it is. The only solution is to enjoy things while they last and cherish the memories when it's all over.

OBLIGATORY SONG o7

I’ll entertain doomposting. What if Hololive ceases all activities one day?

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Early Lap Karaoke

She just wake up so she sounds funny

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Life will go on
If it vtubing as a whole didnt collapse with hololive then a bunch of companies will have to fill in the power vaccum, Nijsanji will probably slurp up their side of JP and then continue mismanaging EN but unopposed somehow, but EN will probably collapse before Hololive as a whole would even stumble

Bronze

We all become Brave group subsidiaries.

E: Doki's path to bankruptcy continues

Horo7618

No one in particular

VSoyBoy

Jackie Forests

Rin Tezuka’s Husband
If she’s happy then who cares. The high will probably last a while until she starts to desire a rest.

Atlas

Atlas

akaaoi

It's a complete rrat, but I wonder if they'll be pulling Bae into some hosting duties for future cross-ID/EN/JP streams now that A-chan can't translate (and the other local options are Calli who'd be too busy with music, the twins who are a bit too soft spoken to host, and on the JP side Subaru and Ririka might not be confident enough in their skills to take the job. If Kiara was in Japan I'd say her, for sure). Plus there was this tweet, which could be referring to regular work that's just busier than normal or to her picking up new work she wasn't doing before:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I mean... Holo will go bankrupt, be bought out and rebranded or fade into obscurity some day, that's just how companies work. I REALLY DOUBT it will be any time soon though, given that their only semi-threatening competition just shot themselves in the foot and took themselves out of the EN market altogether.

Whenever Holo breathes its last vtubing will probably be radically different, maybe vtubing will die somewhere along the way and Holo will live on doing multimedia like bushiroad, who knows? The life of intangible entities like companies cannot be measured like the life of people, which is definitely finite. The only definitive thing is that their influence on vtubing history and internet culture is undeniable and will always be tied to the medium, even if they go away it will be impossible to have people forget what was. I'd honestly prefer the company to implode suddenly one day rather than slowly waste away and become a shell of its former self like many others.

Bronze

Uruka is also live reading messages

Top Bottom