"It's maggin' time"Magni Dezmond

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Horo7618

No one in particular
Sad news of course, but it's kind of funny how people tend to think of A-chan as something other than a vtuber. She may not have started as one, and didn't do it full-time, but she was OBVIOUSLY a vtuber if you stop and think about it for more than a moment. Before she went on break she was probably on stream regularly a lot more than several official talents..... She did have really strong "not actually a vtuber" kayfabe, though - one of the best in the business.

httn

Hag enthusiast

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Sad news of course, but it's kind of funny how people tend to think of A-chan as something other than a vtuber. She may not have started as one, and didn't do it full-time, but she was OBVIOUSLY a vtuber if you stop and think about it for more than a moment. Before she went on break she was probably on stream regularly a lot more than several official talents..... She did have really strong "not actually a vtuber" kayfabe, though - one of the best in the business.
Yeah at first she was someone who just appeared alongside Sora but as Holo got bigger you started to see her everywhere

I think this is my most fond memory of A-chan:her singing alongside Suisei SSS

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Local alcoholic had an realization.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Jackie Forests

Rin Tezuka’s Husband

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Coco didn't hit me terribly hard. I was never really into her content.

Rushia didn't hit me terribly hard. I was never really into her content.

Sana didn't hit me terribly hard. Funny pokemon autism aside, I hardly knew she existed.

Mel didn't hit me terribly hard. I just never watched her.

But this?

This hits hard.

All the best for Yujin-A. May your star continue to shine, whatever you end up doing.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

💛 🩷 Time

Airi and Clara didn't know what movie supercalifragilisticexpialidocious came from

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Zyklon Mag

POV: You're Julian Assange in a few months and Hillary's still mad but had to cheap out
Screenshot_20240628-162933~2.png

Negzana

Coco didn't hit me terribly hard. I was never really into her content.

Rushia didn't hit me terribly hard. I was never really into her content.

Sana didn't hit me terribly hard. Funny pokemon autism aside, I hardly knew she existed.

Mel didn't hit me terribly hard. I just never watched her.

But this?

This hits hard.

All the best for Yujin-A. May your star continue to shine, whatever you end up doing.
Coco hit me hard but the graduation tour was so great that while I was burnt out after it all, I jumped back when IRyS debuted

Rushia was a shit show where I went from sympathy to schaudenfreude

Sana was really sad but expected to me

I didn't watch Mel but her termination was the saddest one in the history of the company for me

This is just shocking. It's not a sad end in the same way as Mel where she was executed, but it's still sad due to end of an era and all.

Netscaper

Early Adopter

💛 🩷 Time

Airi and Clara didn't know what movie supercalifragilisticexpialidocious came from

They where one second away of saying "Song of the south". You can't make this shit up. :dokiSmugNew:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Its fun when some can still replicate that succesfully like Fishman but also how Riku and Aviel just end up looking even more like con artists or wierd techbros
I'd argue Yagoo is a weird techbro, he's always awkward as hell when he appears on screen and rarely speaks much unless it's his work to do so, you can see how nervous he gets when the crowd chants his name. The thing with Yagoo is that he doesn't really try to be liked or be relatable, he doesn't speak more than he needs to either. He just does his thing and to many people he's just this funny guy who despite looking so silly sometimes is still in charge of a major vtuber powerhouse, I guess the mystery of how he really is as a person adds a sort of mystique to his persona too.

He's not foreign to the audience like Riku which makes him seem unapproachable and cold but he's also not a panderer who egotistically makes himself the face of the company like Aviel, Yagoo is in this middle-ground where whatever personal or unflattering characteristics he may posses are hidden but he also isn't a perfect superhuman.
but it's still sad due to end of an era and all.
I am as sad as everyone else but this phrase gets thrown around every time someone big dips and imo has lost all meaning. How many eras are we on now? 200?
While she was instrumental in the beginning but I don't think a-chan's departure will change Holo that much, having Nodoka be a thing probably meant she and the company were already preparing for this kind of eventuality since last year at least.

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!
I hadn't cried since the twins were forced into graduating from their old jobs.

I just liked A chan a lot.:pippasadl:

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I'd argue Yagoo is a weird techbro, he's always awkward as hell when he appears on screen and rarely speaks much unless it's his work to do so, you can see how nervous he gets when the crowd chants his name. The thing with Yagoo is that he doesn't really try to be liked or be relatable, he doesn't speak more than he needs to either. He just does his thing and to many people he's just this funny guy who despite looking so silly sometimes is still in charge of a major vtuber powerhouse, I guess the mystery of how he really is as a person adds a sort of mystique to his persona too.

He's not foreign to the audience like Riku which makes him seem unapproachable and cold but he's also not a panderer who egotistically makes himself the face of the company like Aviel, Yagoo is in this middle-ground where whatever personal or unflattering characteristics he may posses are hidden but he also isn't a perfect superhuman.

I am as sad as everyone else but this phrase gets thrown around every time someone big dips and imo has lost all meaning. How many eras are we on now? 200?
I agree with you but i think this one its the end of a era for real because its hard to imagine a Hololive without A-chan
Coco hit me hard but the graduation tour was so great that while I was burnt out after it all, I jumped back when IRyS debuted

Rushia was a shit show where I went from sympathy to schaudenfreude

Sana was really sad but expected to me

I didn't watch Mel but her termination was the saddest one in the history of the company for me

This is just shocking. It's not a sad end in the same way as Mel where she was executed, but it's still sad due to end of an era and all.
The Mel one hit me like a truck because she was a little one of my Wildcard picks to watch despite not being so popular but at least you can watch her as Rica now and not so much has changed if you ignore NicoNico

But whats next for A-chan?? This isnt a : Well she is going to come back situation so this one is really hitting more hard
I am sad Poyoyo today

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I agree with you but i think this one its the end of a era for real because its hard to imagine a Hololive without A-chan
It's hard to imagine Hololive without a lot of people, but at some point they will all have to leave, that's just how it is. The only solution is to enjoy things while they last and cherish the memories when it's all over.

OBLIGATORY SONG o7

VTuberBobDole

A-chan will come back to take over for Yagoo when he retires :takocope:

This, but unironically. I honestly thought/hoped that when Yahoo retired that A-chan would take over and run at least Hololive (maybe not Cover as a whole, but at least the vtuber part of it). Luckily after the couple health issues that Yagoo had he has seemingly regained his health and doing much better. But he's still getting fairly old and has a crapton of money to retire with at this point I'm sure, so it wouldn't surprise me for him to retire at any time. Now I'm not sure even who would be the one to take over. There's no "heir apparent", at least publicly.

Top Bottom