"back in high school i used to keep a diary about how i hate the world except it was written in morse code"Fujikura Uruka

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Grimmi just announced a Skelter plushie1714843515089369.gif

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Koyori continuing FF5.

Party member changed at the end of the previous stream.

Kannagi Tenri singing at 1PM JST.

VSpo's Kurumi Noah released a cover song yesterday.

VSpo's Komori Met angry at single men in chat.

Salado

DelusionTree

Lean on me
Early Adopter

Salado

Void Scribas

Lol Rune Bunnura was right, the Lolicons will forever be part of the Vtuber Scene XD.

Demonstration, this Lemon Woman.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

roktofferson

Did she? I recall Filian getting popular off of pandering to VR chat kiddies and zoomers and also spamming shorts.
that's what i thought. I started watching her because her stupid shorts made me laugh. I kept watching for the complete lack of filter between her brain and her mouth.

Salado

Ensok

Early Adopter
I wonder if Noel is playing Mario because Subaru was playing it...

Well let's see if she's as good at it as she is at Zelda.

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Grimmi just announced a Skelter plushieView attachment 72736

Ok I actually really like this as a plush.

The very concept of "you need a big corpo contract to do X" will die, vtubing is going go down the record labels and book publishers route, where first big, then small corpos will fall out of relevancy in favor of smaller, task service companies.
Even today, Hololive offers NOTHING that that you can't do as an indie. Their main value is clout, and there will be companies offering clout as service in the future. Unless humanity will fuck up massively and first world economy will go back to scarcity.
REEEEEE TOURIST TRAP DETECTED

Barriers to entry are a thing, dumbass. Holo is able to do what it does because it has already bought warehouses to ship its merch, a dedicated team for advertising outreach and sponsorships, a dedicated 3d studio and associated technical staff, teams of talent managers to support talents in their daily streams and in collaborations, and so on. This shit costs more than any indie can reasonably be expected to pay in full. Books and music have fewer barriers to entry than ongoing live entertainment, particularly entertainment involving copyright, advertisement, and sponsorships.

"companies will offer clout in the future"? For what cost? To who? Will they do it for cheaper than Cover does RIGHT NOW? Would this theoretical company ever actually be able to outcompete Cover as an established company in the field of "clout"?

Seriously. This may be your most retarded take ever. It's so disassociated from reality it brings vibes of a overly bearded white guy from the 1890s talking about ray guns and mankind conquering the universe with the power of the telegraph.

RIP A-chan by the way, she was always very cute and could have been a v-tubing talent in her own right. I hope that she's secretly going off into the sunset with a new hubby/kid or something, rather than being stuck with hospice care and remote translation work for the next decade.

:kroheart::achansasuga::kroheart::naruhodo::kroheart:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
One of the best Calli moments is finally a repeat

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Man, seems like a well known Zomrade passed away too

akaaoi

From my limited and therefore possibly wrong knowledge (not a regular Ollie watcher), Googhoul wasn't just a zomrade - they were a megafan that I think commissioned or used friend connections to generate a metric shit-ton of Ollie fanart for her. She was doing as much for Ollie as a fan that a paid PR person probably could have.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
A-chan is slowly replying to all the talents (and adjacent VTubers) that replied to her Tweet.

foto_no_exif - 2024-06-29T004022.419.jpg
foto_no_exif - 2024-06-29T004019.157.jpg

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
This, but unironically. I honestly thought/hoped that when Yahoo retired that A-chan would take over and run at least Hololive (maybe not Cover as a whole, but at least the vtuber part of it). Luckily after the couple health issues that Yagoo had he has seemingly regained his health and doing much better. But he's still getting fairly old and has a crapton of money to retire with at this point I'm sure, so it wouldn't surprise me for him to retire at any time. Now I'm not sure even who would be the one to take over. There's no "heir apparent", at least publicly.
we definitely should start a "Hololive succession crisis", with A-chan leaving the company, there is no front facing people that we know that could replace Yagoo. Nodoka, I felt like she's too green.

Edit: Also the main Hololive ch posted this video

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
So I don't know any thing about Irina Kumai other than she has 4k followers on twitch and some of her mods doxed her after she bought a computer from a store one of them worked at. They even mailed a picture of her to her house, so she is threatening to sue. Maybe more but I ain't reading all that

Place holder for when I can get the archive site to work on the tweet

Direct link to google doc
Archive of the google Doc

A new target for Proctor and his groomcord?

Salado

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
The very concept of "you need a big corpo contract to do X" will die, vtubing is going go down the record labels and book publishers route, where first big, then small corpos will fall out of relevancy in favor of smaller, task service companies.
Even today, Hololive offers NOTHING that that you can't do as an indie. Their main value is clout, and there will be companies offering clout as service in the future. Unless humanity will fuck up massively and first world economy will go back to scarcity.
Yeah sure a concert with a full house is such an indie thing omg slay💅

I want you to go to the nearest skyscraper in your bumfuck area and do the world and your parents a favor faggots

Do it

I know you want to

USS IOWA

She really seems to take it hard. Now I'm worried on what would happen to similar talents, like Kiara or Nerissa who is really close to their fandoms, would react if one of their ubersimps pass away.

Top Bottom