"I don't care if a horse fucker thinks I'm a Nazi, I don't take life advice from someone obsessed about horse cock"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
It'd be interesting if trends keep continuing and livestreaming ends up being their smallest source of revenue in the future.
I think it's a pretty good strategy given that they're always going to be at the mercy of the streaming platforms. Growing your stable of IPs and making them recognizable to a larger audience allows them a wider reach beyond the stream-watching market - opening up broader market opportunities for licensing deals where they can just rake in cash through royalties. They haven't really maximized their ability to profit off merch yet due to the absurd shipping fees from JP to North America so it will be interesting to revisit their merch numbers in a year or two with their US office up and running already.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I dont know but i love that every time a graduation is coming she start to RT sus arts of herself, i remember when Pochi announcement was out she posted a picture of her feet literally like 20 minutes after the announcement, it was hilarious

Archive

JQqfrcN.png

You fucking called it.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Yuko is graduating, surprising no-one.

Archive

JQdiS4t.png

Following through on the five-day marathon from the donothon on her way out is admirable, though I can't help but feel this has been forced by the company so they don't have to hand out more refunds. I could see it being quite awkward since most of her fans from her Idol persona hate her now.

But will all her content be getting nuked? As it has not been mentioned here. Not surprising anyway, it all went downhill as soon as the Boo Bros wanted to enact Jonestown and consume some Kool Aid because she wasn't giving them piss ASMR any more.

Whitesnake

Archive

JQdiS4t.png

Following through on the five-day marathon from the donothon on her way out is admirable, though I can't help but feel this has been forced by the company so they don't have to hand out more refunds. I could see it being quite awkward since most of her fans from her Idol persona hate her now.

RIP Bozo

Nothing wrong with getting burnout or having a change of heart and wanting to try something new, but the natural result is that only a fraction of your audience would want to stay. But if the change had been slow and quiet, she could easily still have a career.

But actively removing her old streams, thereby treating her old content (and the fans who enjoyed it) as shameful and disgusting is bound to be off-putting to most of her fanbase. It's biting the hand that feeds.

People who wouldn't like her for her old streams aren't going to watch because they see her as disgusting degenerate. People who did like her old streams aren't going to watch because she has now openly disregarded them and their interests. She single-handedly reduced her fanbase to a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of her old fanbase. There is literally no way this could have gone other than a career implosion.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
She better get rid of that Chris curse quick or she's going to deal with some wild ass shit from ex boobros :calidrinking:

I asked her about getting an exorcism a few days back, no response so far

at this point it's about mitigation, I don't think she can get rid of the curse that easily anymore

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Sera Kesera's and Ivaela Daemoni's chatting collab(Globie i fucked up again it's bondlive girls)

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Archive

JQdiS4t.png

Live by the coom, die by the coom.
Though I consider this a failure on Aviel and managements behalf as much as it is Yuko's, for letting/encouraging the girls to make this kind of content and being so utterly in over their heads in regards to how it would affect company operations. It was literally their job to see this coming and when it blew up in their faces as dramatically as it did, as it was almost guaranteed to from the start, the fallout is that talents are left twisting in the wind. Because they never learned how to entertain properly or build an authentic foundation for their audience, and coomers are the most fickle customers around - as soon as they can't get their rocks off, they just move on to the next whore.

TheDarkEnjoyer

Shitposter Detective
But will all her content be getting nuked? As it has not been mentioned here. Not surprising anyway, it all went downhill as soon as the Boo Bros wanted to enact Jonestown and consume some Kool Aid because she wasn't giving them piss ASMR any more.
I'll honestly miss her rp asmr streams.
Atleast her asmr streams were archived, download them while you can if you liked them.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
But actively removing her old streams, thereby treating her old content (and the fans who enjoyed it) as shameful and disgusting is bound to be off-putting to most of her fanbase.

I mean, they ARE shameful and disgusting-

and everybody could see the outcome a mile away from day one

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Last edited by a moderator:

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Live by the coom, die by the coom.
Though I consider this a failure on Aviel and managements behalf as much as it is Yuko's, for letting/encouraging the girls to make this kind of content and being so utterly in over their heads in regards to how it would affect company operations. It was literally their job to see this coming and when it blew up in their faces as dramatically as it did, as it was almost guaranteed to from the start, the fallout is that talents are left twisting in the wind. Because they never learned how to entertain properly or build an authentic foundation for their audience, and coomers are the most fickle customers around - as soon as they can't get their rocks off, they just move on to the next whore.
I am genuinely curious about the management side of Idol. Apparently, there's much less of it due to giving the talents a larger cut, leaving them to function like indies.

tragic amphibian

Strengthening the value of the existing IP is the obvious second phase of the business for Cover in particular since the Hololive brand has so many appealing characters to work with, and it gives them an opportunity to monetise outside of standard livestreaming. I'd like them to take their music output more seriously personally, since they have some strong vocalists on board already and it'd promote the live shows more if they manage to get the talents some radio hits.
A really big thing that Cover needs to work on is finding ways to get the talents who are serious about live vocal performance out in front of real crowds for practice. Most of the major solo lives went on without a major hitch until Towa's where she was clearly really rattled. Those sorts of nerves can only be overcome by repeatedly getting out in front of real audiences and getting exposure therapy. The in-person crowds may be smaller than their streaming viewership but having a physical crowd greatly changes how you physiologically and emotionally react.

On the most basic level, think of the times when you were growing up where you'd try to show off something cool that you'd done a bunch in a game to someone and then messed it up a few times before getting it right. The smallest, friendliest audience can put stress on you such that you're no longer running at 100% with just an extra pair of eyes watching, let alone a 3-5k person crowd where you need to be able to sing, follow choreography, and keep smiling through everything.

The big challenge is, of course, not getting made in the process. Maybe a Holo-Club circuit where a chain of smaller 100-250 person venues could do a series of small solo-lives to get that time on stage in. Doesn't matter if you're pop, rock, jazz, metal, or whatever, but you need that stage time to get good and I don't want to see one of the girls feel like they need to quit or attempt a flip because they try to do their first solo live and just lock up when the concert begins. Stage fright is a hell of a thing and, if you've never been up in front of people, it's hard to communicate how powerful and unpredictable it can be.

TheDarkEnjoyer

Shitposter Detective
I'll pass, I don't want to go to jail
Fair enough Lol, to each their own I guess.

Also on Yuko's graduation thread on /vt/, there was a picture roaming from her Ryeisbread days where she pulled up a picture of her being in a swimsuit with a succubus womb tattoo. (For obvious reasons below I'm not gonna post it)

image.pngimage.png

What is even the story behind this...

Last edited:

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Fair enough Lol, to each their own I guess.

Also on Yuko's graduation thread on /vt/, there was a picture roaming from her Ryeisbread days of her being in a swimsuit with a succubus womb tattoo. (For obvious reasons below I'm not gonna post it)

View attachment 70657View attachment 70658

What is even the story behind this...
That pic is on the homeland. She was probably real young when it was taken like 19 or so not fucking 14 LOL

BW042

For what it's worth I just see this outcome as more unfortunate than anything. Yuko was retarded for leaning so hard into GFE shit since the red flags on the audience for that are impossible to miss and the NSFW streams only enabled them further, but credit where due, she did attempt to course-correct, and she hasn't done anything of the kind on her Rye persona since reviving that. It's just a bit too late since the damage has been done.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people find this kind of thing distasteful, but I don't have it in me to hold a grudge against someone who's made an honest attempt to fix the problem. I just wish her well at this point.
No, I say good riddance. If she wanted to draw a line and reel her behaviors back then that's one thing, but instead she went back to some fags (who are massive creeps in and of themselves if the rumors are true) that mocked her career and audience. People say there are better ways she could have changed course, but the method would never have mattered if she had so little pride in her work that she was willing to join her own antis.
I don't think she always held contempt though. I get the impression that it started from a genuine place, she got self-conscious and then backpedaled so hard that she ended up adopting an image of her own fanbase like she was an outsider, rather than acknowledge that she was the center of it. There was months of her just doing normal shit before she took the plunge into GFE, to me that says she naturally wanted to try GFE for her supporters. It's not a far stretch either, even in her own generation, Fuyo pretty much does the same thing.
That makes it all the more pathetic if true because she ended up sabotaging everything out of cringe and will come to regret it, or is just the sort of person capable of completely flipping their emotions on something and shouldn't have a platform at all. That's why I can't say she made an "honest" attempt to fix problems, it all felt like an impulse and doing things as Rye when she was still Yuko was the height of spitefulness. Either way she hurt fans by fucking off for no real reason. She didn't see them as supporters, she saw them as an extension of the issues she was having.

Also I take umbrage saying GFE was the root cause of issues, it's a lazy way of handwaving shit and expressing discomfort rather than looking at the actual issues. GFE shit is so oversimplified to its worst examples that people associate it with disgusting levels of entitlement and objectification when there's more nuance than that. It's like how idol culture is thrown out because of its most evil stories of talent abuse and psycho stalkers, even though it's a foundation Hololive builds on top of.
Vtubing appeals to people who are more predisposed to become personally invested in who they're watching and I think vtubing appeals to girls that like that closer connection and playing out fiction. GFE content is where those two worlds meet and in sane cases it's more like fan service than some ERP shit. On some level every vtuber fan with an oshi projects infatuation onto the person they watch, even Proctor who is vocally against GFE frequently appreciates Kirsche for her qualities as a woman. It's not a far reach to say how that's an extension of the same thing and it would be more constructive to try and define sensible boundaries than to stigmatize it.
What I will agree on though is people who explicitly look for just GFE and don't look at anything further the vtuber does are shitty and deserve the mockery. Same for vtubers that are thinly-veiled e-girls and throw out their self-respect and play into that shit for a quick buck.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Yuko-oh-no. No surprise here. I liked her normal streams and karaoke and thought it was weird that she got such a coom fallowing. It's a nice design but it isn't really sexy.
I listened to her first controversial ASMR and I just though it seemed weird, like someone not really cut out for being sexy trying to wing it. I wish her the best and hope she continues as Rye.

One thing I wonder is did we ever get more insight on if Idol was cracking down on coomer stuff? I think Momo's stuff (which was worse IMO) went away too, but I don't think I ever saw any confirmation on if it was her or Idol's choice.

Limkin

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
A really big thing that Cover needs to work on is finding ways to get the talents who are serious about live vocal performance out in front of real crowds for practice. Most of the major solo lives went on without a major hitch until Towa's where she was clearly really rattled. Those sorts of nerves can only be overcome by repeatedly getting out in front of real audiences and getting exposure therapy. The in-person crowds may be smaller than their streaming viewership but having a physical crowd greatly changes how you physiologically and emotionally react.

On the most basic level, think of the times when you were growing up where you'd try to show off something cool that you'd done a bunch in a game to someone and then messed it up a few times before getting it right. The smallest, friendliest audience can put stress on you such that you're no longer running at 100% with just an extra pair of eyes watching, let alone a 3-5k person crowd where you need to be able to sing, follow choreography, and keep smiling through everything.

The big challenge is, of course, not getting made in the process. Maybe a Holo-Club circuit where a chain of smaller 100-250 person venues could do a series of small solo-lives to get that time on stage in. Doesn't matter if you're pop, rock, jazz, metal, or whatever, but you need that stage time to get good and I don't want to see one of the girls feel like they need to quit or attempt a flip because they try to do their first solo live and just lock up when the concert begins. Stage fright is a hell of a thing and, if you've never been up in front of people, it's hard to communicate how powerful and unpredictable it can be.
I'd say, just go busking. Very very easy, great experience. Especialy now, you grab some 100$ chinesium combo and can do 2h gig off the battery. It even have wheels.

Top Bottom