"They didn't know that Elon Musk is from Africa, except Panko, Panko knew... and then, they asked me why he wasn't brown"Amanogawa Shiina

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
Now I'm not sure even who would be the one to take over. There's no "heir apparent", at least publicly.
1000003077.jpg
Screenshot_2024-06-29-08-51-20-594_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg
:voxppinyourcoke:

Well time to kill myself
:naruhodo:
The very concept of "you need a big corpo contract to do X" will die, vtubing is going go down the record labels and book publishers route, where first big, then small corpos will fall out of relevancy in favor of smaller, task service companies.
Even today, Hololive offers NOTHING that that you can't do as an indie. Their main value is clout, and there will be companies offering clout as service in the future. Unless humanity will fuck up massively and first world economy will go back to scarcity.

Negzana

If/when Holo dies, I hope all my oshis have graduated already. If they haven't, I have most of their RMs and will just need to learn Japanese and Indonesian.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The very concept of "you need a big corpo contract to do X" will die, vtubing is going go down the record labels and book publishers route, where first big, then small corpos will fall out of relevancy in favor of smaller, task service companies.
Even today, Hololive offers NOTHING that that you can't do as an indie. Their main value is clout, and there will be companies offering clout as service in the future. Unless humanity will fuck up massively and first world economy will go back to scarcity...
...and other fun delusions retards on /lig/ tell themselves!

The problem with this kind of reasoning is that it isn't inherently wrong or right, "indie" is such a vast group which includes both people at Filian's level and at (random person who streams to their one friend watching due to pity)'s level.

Sure Filian can host her event sponsored by gamersucks in las vegas because she's fucking massive and has the money and popularity to do that, but she and the rest of the top 50 indies are 0.00000000000000000001% of the "indie" grouping, many of those people with no better prospects have EVERYTHING to gain from joining Holo.

and as for the "it's really only clout" claim, yeah, it is mostly clout, because this is an ENTERTAINMENT industry you fucking retarded ape. CLOUT. IS. EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

Jackie Forests

Rin Tezuka’s Husband

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
If/when Holo dies, I hope all my oshis have graduated already. If they haven't, I have most of their RMs and will just need to learn Japanese and Indonesian.
Collecting HOOOOORS I see, that is never a good path to go down.

Here watch

Shit

This is in my feed, what are they... vermintide. I don't give a fuck

EDIT: Playback disabled

Now- yes, kinda. But life-changing tech is already there and getting better and cheaper.
Some 20 years ago you had to get label deal or huge load of cash to record an album. Not anymore, music recording/mixing is widely available and very affordable. Organizing a tour - not a problem, you can book everything by yourself. Publishing a book - plenty options, plenty freelance editors, not a problem. Merch - same deal. Motion capture - same deal, you only need 2-3 decent cameras and literally nothing else to reliablry track every finger (not realtime though, yet). And did you see what Unreal engine can do now?
Whole world is shifting from "you need corpo to be an entertainer" to "you can be an entertainer on your own", thanks to youtube in particular. All old big tech copros now have a selection of products that cater for small individual entertainers. Many tech companies were started to cater exclusively for individual entertainers. This shift won't stop. Corpos are still holding, bit their model won't be profitable for too long, they'll have to shift focus.

Yeah but then you get saddled with an Engineer who wants to be a producer and happens to have connections to everyone in town so you can't avoid his ass or tell him to take it up the ass and its just like why couldn't I have been a hitman instead.

What are we talking about

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Their main value is clout
bugs-bunny.gif

Gee, it's almost as if clout is critically important when you're an online content creator

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
If you act like a fag and stretch things out in theory all indies can just produce a holo tier concert but they will probably spend a life-changing amount of money to barely recieve half of their investment back on the admin/behind the scenes shit alone
Now- yes, kinda. But life-changing tech is already there and getting better and cheaper.
Some 20 years ago you had to get label deal or huge load of cash to record an album. Not anymore, music recording/mixing is widely available and very affordable. Organizing a tour - not a problem, you can book everything by yourself. Publishing a book - plenty options, plenty freelance editors, not a problem. Merch - same deal. Motion capture - same deal, you only need 2-3 decent cameras and literally nothing else to reliablry track every finger (not realtime though, yet). And did you see what Unreal engine can do now?
Whole world is shifting from "you need corpo to be an entertainer" to "you can be an entertainer on your own", thanks to youtube in particular. All old big tech copros now have a selection of products that cater for small individual entertainers. Many tech companies were started to cater exclusively for individual entertainers. This shift won't stop. Corpos are still holding, bit their model won't be profitable for too long, they'll have to shift focus.
...and other fun delusions retards on /lig/ tell themselves!

The problem with this kind of reasoning is that it isn't inherently wrong or right, "indie" is such a vast group which includes both people at Filian's level and at (random person who streams to their one friend watching due to pity)'s level.

Sure Filian can host her event sponsored by gamersucks in las vegas because she's fucking massive and has the money and popularity to do that, but she and the rest of the top 50 indies are 0.00000000000000000001% of the "indie" grouping, many of those people with no better prospects have EVERYTHING to gain from joining Holo.

and as for the "it's really only clout" claim, yeah, it is mostly clout, because this is an ENTERTAINMENT industry you fucking retarded ape. CLOUT. IS. EVERYTHING.
Did you miss the part "there will be companies offering clout as service in the future"?

roktofferson

i'll take 5 so that way I can have an emty seat next to me
we need a fuck you reaction so i don't have to reply to say :pikafaku:

roktofferson

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

closedblas

MerelyTourist out here distracting us from A-chan's leaving with another one of his braindead takes.

RiverBear

bugs-bunny.gif

Gee, it's almost as if clout is critically important when you're an online content creator
Didn't Fillian like clout chase Holo, which is why she exploded in the first place

I remember her first few streams using a Gura model in VR or something

imagine using Fillian as an example of how an indie can make it big without Holo and said indie only making it big because they were clout chasing Holo

akaaoi

You forgot IRyS
As unfair as it may be, I think I mentally zoned her into a 'too pon to even consider as a host' category

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Did you miss the part "there will be companies offering clout as service in the future"?
Sharing the Hololive Tourist Set Merch for no particular reason as an answer for this post :BijouBijou:

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist

Mans rediscovered the wheel. Truly groundbreaking.

USS IOWA

Even today, Hololive offers NOTHING that that you can't do as an indie. Their main value is clout, and there will be companies offering clout as service in the future. Unless humanity will fuck up massively and first world economy will go back to scarcity.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Enough with feeding the bait, fill out this form so you can get officially married to Iori

GRM-ZOJbYAAyR-U.jpg
GRM-YA5bIAA2U3j.png

Koros Apogee

Delutaya doing another morning singing stream.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Didn't Fillian like clout chase Holo, which is why she exploded in the first place

I remember her first few streams using a Gura model in VR or something

imagine using Fillian as an example of how an indie can make it big without Holo and said indie only making it big because they were clout chasing Holo
Did she? I recall Filian getting popular off of pandering to VR chat kiddies and zoomers and also spamming shorts.

Top Bottom