"Your sausage versus my sausage. Do you understand?"Oozora Subaru

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Salado

Jackie Forests

Rin Tezuka’s Husband
An interesting take I've seen about this is that at some point, a VTuber begins to view their own model as competition for their flesh selves. They want the kind of affection and (let's be real here) lust that the fans give, but at some point they think that it's not really "them" that the fans love, but their persona (probably not unjustified).
Just be your persona ala Kiki pyon-pyon. Surely that won't cause worse Brainworms.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
An interesting take I've seen about this is that at some point, a VTuber begins to view their own model as competition for their flesh selves. They want the kind of affection and (let's be real here) lust that the fans give, but at some point they think that it's not really "them" that the fans love, but their persona (probably not unjustified).

Then the brainworms start. With time their thought process may start running along these lines:

"Yeah, my fans love me, but only because I'm an anime girl who's curvy/stacked/got legs for days"
"My fanbase is growing, but I'm not sure if they will really stick around for 'me'."
"If they ever find out I'm just some average or homely girl, they won't love me anymore"
"I can't take these thoughts anymore, I might as well post and see how it goes. At least I know that the ones who stay are really here for me. Just once can't hurt."

Of course, each girl will have a different attitude toward this, but you see this happen more with indies, because there's no corpo rules that can make them second-guess fleshposting. And yeah, there are those unscrupulous e-girls who really just do it to farm simps, but I imagine many other chuubas who fleshpost do it for the reasons above.

My take: It's probably inevitable for most of the kinds of girls who become VTubers, but I don't like them doing it on main. Tonya and Yuuna's approach of having a semi-open alt with fair warning is a better (if imperfect) approach, since people who don't care for it can just avoid it:
View attachment 72879
Worth noting that this is different from a Mint and Kiara situation where they had to deal with a large influx of fans who just showed up one day on their RL accounts, not a designated alter ego for when they want to immersion break.

Nah, the internet is a farmer's convention. Hoes everywhere.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic

Stunned But Dumb

Well... Kuroa chan is about to play Elden Ring in around 13 minutes from this writing.

Nasa, no. Please...
"I managed to get hold of the PANTY PARTY and I plan to enjoy it to the fullest tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Clip dump 🖇️

Gura has an ESL moment

Biboo wins Least Sexy Hololive Member on the official Holo Discord, decides she will show everyone otherwise

She fails

If you're curious, Gura and Kobo were 2nd and 3rd, good thing Nolan is banned from there because he definitely would have voted Gura for sexiest :crushbanned:

Runie effortlessly wore out everyone else in Phase during the last off-collab

Highlights:
  • Eimi went out of her way to help with setup, and now Runie feels like she can't make fun of her anymore
  • Dizzy and Tenma somehow make everyone feel at ease, which is weird
  • Runie is one of the few extraverts in Phase, so when everyone else was feeling drained, she kept going until 4 in the morning
Edit: Raora drew her fellow artist

Last edited:

RiverBear

Either WACTOR got a new skinwalker for Lia Misturugi or she somehow ungraduated

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
The Virtual Asylum Thread Recap
Pages 4100-4150

Other Recap parts can be found [HERE]

Ᵽ PHC: Phase Connect
▷ HLO: Hololive
☆ HST: Holostars
◷ NIJ: Nijisanji
₪ IDL: Idol Corp
Ⓥ VSJ: VShojo

post | Proctor's plans now that we're self-hosted

A-chan is Leaving Hololive
post | ▷ HLO | A-chan will be leaving the company at the end of June. Family health concerns
post | ◷ NIJ | Will she save Nijisanji?
post | Talents start replying

post | Rrat - She is changing corpos
post | A project for A-chan by fans
post | A personal story of stassy about taking care of a family member with health issues. Also Nayuta made a calendar of her custom worldwide tour

post | Korone is taking a day off, her mother got admitted to hospital
post | Discussion on other staff/talents possibly retiring, starts with Yagoo
post | Aqua with a guerilla members chat to talk

post | Clip - Nodoka talks about A-chan's resignation
post | Company staff having a face was a smart PR decision, discussion on Yagoo, Riku, Sakana and Aviel
post | Bae seems busy. Discussion on talents taking multi-lingual hosting duties

post | Official Holo channel uploads a video compilation of A-chan
post | A-chan starts repliying to talents' tweets
post | About other Holo's directors, who can eventually replace Yagoo

post | Nayuta (not Azki) sadposting
post | A-chan Sora interaction
post | It is nearly time

post | Info on A-chan and her role in the Hololive and for the Hololive, from Kiara's HoloTalk and other sources
post | About Sora and A-chan starting as highschool girls on a mission possibly being a kayfabe
post | Nyfco info on Sora, doesn't look 16 in 2018 photo

post | A-chan's final HoloGra
post | Mikeneko (former Rushia of Hololive) thanks A-chan for her hard work, gets shit for it
post | A massive two-post compilation of A-chan's replies

post | ◷ NIJ | Clip - Amagase Muyu (who hasn't streamed in her channel for almost a year) was sighted in Yuhi Riri's stream

post | ▷ HLO | Cecilla's current Steam library consists of Dishonored and Skyrim
post | Dyes Iwasaki of Fake Type is the composer of the new Gura's song

post | Not-Nene is streaming over on TikTok, some sort of Gintama Acrylic unboxing
post | Archive (Google drive)

post | Mikeneko also streamed on TikTok
post | Later - Looks like a confirmation - Yoruno Ruki (of Wactor/910inc) accidentaly showed Mikeneko waiting screen
post | That might be a bait

post | Discussion on massive VSPO leak and their actions before and after continues
post | Riot Music as well as Palette Project issues an apology. Also Re:AcT's Amakawa Hano is taking a mental health break
post | Brave update on the Korex2 situation, they didn't check their DMs so a warning was missed. Also fan club rollout will be postponed

post | ₪ IDL | Clipper Idol Bandit with a critique of Idol's clipper program. Aviel asked him to delete it, assures that Idol is working on it behind the scenes

post | Dokibird Production Inc. copyrighted. Application was in April 2023, probably for taxes
post | Name was changed in April 2024. Also she filed it on 4/20
post | She'd been working on the idea for the outfit reveal stream for a year
post | She ran an Etsy store well into her career at NijiEN, started taking new orders in 2023

post | About running contracts through a corpo entity, LLCs for Americans and more
post | About the advantages of a regular C-corp against an LLC, and about getting double taxed
post | More about it

post | Request - A vtuber who plays excessive amounts of OOTP

post | VSMP, a Minecraft server that several corpo vtubers joined, provides more content
post | Sayu could've found friends if you joined the VSMP
post | More clips

post | Later - More vtubers joining the server. One of them is Coni, making the discussion on her possibly leaving the corpo more interesting
post | Some anon is keeping track of every VTuber that's been in the VSMP Minecraft server
post | Even later - PixelLink made an introduction video for the server. Also Mint might join

post | Kilia met up with Elia from V-Dere, Furi from Vreverie, Blue Pippa, Xiulan Long and Hirano Kokoro

post | Ᵽ PHC | Remi's 50k subs celebration
post | She got a 2.0 model update as part of the celebration

post | Tenma talked about the past, context - Phase Connect celebrated its 3rd Anniversary
post | She is watching fanmade stuff

post | Dizzy is requesting photos of male limbs
post | Lisa is playing Minecraft with Pippa
post | Eimi's celebrating 30k subs. Also Rye is taking a hiatus

post | Phase Connect Clipping Contest results are going to be announced by Lumi and Dizzy
post | Later - Winrar! Congrats to Jambalaya
post | Jambalaya plans to invest in his clipping quality

post | ☆ HST | Rebecca Doodles (@rebecca_doodles) rigged Hakkabro's model. MatchaFou (@matchafou) rigged BettelTwo model
post | Shinri is asking about a competition poles for rent to practice. Discussion on boys vs girls in pole dancing in the context of Holo pro

post | More Vallure discussion, about Immy revealing her PL after the debut
post | Icey posted IRL face photo

post | Kanna Yanagi challenges VeXpo attendants to fight her in a Tekken 8

post | Ⓥ VSJ | IronMouse hit 2 Million on Twitch
post | The VShojo charity TTRPG one-shot with Mouse, Kuro, Haruka and Zentreya

post | Sara Nagare and ex Prism agents doing a charity stream for Gamers Outreach, playing Mario Kart
post | Other girls' POVs. Also Shiki is allegedly white

post | Clip - Another vtuber yearns for human flesh

post | Local content - Murray with Minecraft in a TVA SMP

Airi Gets Into an Incident
post | Ᵽ PHC | Airi gets into sudden incident, Phase postpones her streams for 2 weeks
post | Shiina contacted her, says she is ok
post | Later - Apparently Hime had a death in the family?

post | Airi tweets herself, will return "as soon as I'm fully recovered/healed, and the situation has been dealt with"
post | Later - She talks about pain patches. Apparently she is on many pain reliving meds rn
post | She was on Pico's call in the stream, sounds ok

post | VSPO EN girls hint at their main Shooter games. Discussion on vtubers who play other FPS games

post | ▷ HLO | Mori Calliope's Go Getters is out on streaming services
post | She is doing a second round of signed Phantommime release
post | HimeHina collab with Subaru

post | OniGiri collab with Nerissa
post | Ⓥ VSJ | Michi collab with HoloID girls
post | Noel gets a new outfit
post | Apparently Raora was in Japan for about a year

post | Amatsuka Uto is singing. Reminder - Voice Ore, the company that approached her and persuaded against graduating, is shutting down

post | ◷ NIJ | First singing stream of Tamanoi Nana, time to compare to Suzuka Stella's singing voice for PL confirmation

post | Ᵽ PHC | Clara collabs with her dad again

post | Question - What do you think of Ads on TVA?
post | Guess what company would put their ads here. Example by VSoyBoy

post | Massive Final Fantasy 14 concert organized by Pam

post | Ⓥ VSJ | Projekt Melody will be in a gacha game called Ark Re:Code
post | It's a hentai gacha game, only one of those girls on the design is NOT a NSFW streamer
post | Kuro and Mochi are announced for a panel in Anime Expo. Also attending is Kadokawa's GeeXPlus. Kuro's tweet about white hairs starts a discussion on young people bmalding

Heavenrend Shuts Down
post | Rurumi with a black text on a white background Announcement
post | It was on her schedule. Also Jelly's reaction
post | Graduation - Rurumi, indie on Twitch. The phrasing is "leaving the industry as a whole."

post | Heavenrend held auditions last november but debuted no one
post | Graduation - Haruna Swift. Heavenrend is officially closing down
post | Rurumi retweeted a post from some new account, ixo-tan (@ixopod)

post | Shondo teasing a new beginning in July
post | Later - A silhouette

post | Nyaru didn't like Nikke, gacha game fans are not happy with her
post | Twitch VOD is still up
post | Stream summary and fail analysys by Netscaper

Kotoku Koinuko Graduates
post | Kotoku Koinuko with a black text on a white background Announcement
post | She is graduating. Says it is a real deal, not rebranding

post | The mystery of the race change remains
post | Her Twitter announcement, several key words are highlighted, like "dreamed", "come find me in the stars" for example
post | Possible corpo - StellarVersePro

post | Amiya ended her stream early because of a suicide marshmallow

post | ₪ IDL | Rrat - Based on her activity as Menace, Coni is about to leave Idol. Discussion on merch not getting to the buyers
post | She was on VSMP, and tweets as usual. Discussion on her and Idol in general continues
post | Opinion - Idol feels like a sinking ship

post | Dokibird, Dtto., RPR collab, playing Chained Together

post | ▷ HLO | The "You're stuck in a 10 hour flight, choose your seat" game with Holo girls
post | Recommendation - Mori Calliope and Bae's 2nd HoloMelo Radio episode, talking about making music and Holo songs
post | Ollie and Iofi joined Bilibili

post | Koyori celebrating 1 year of her "Discord Shocking Show" with guests
post | Pikurusu (not Haachama) posts a cover song
post | Nene announced a fan meeting at a beetle and stag beetle exhibition in Odaiba

post | Siro celebrates the 7th Anniversary

post | Recommendation - rats on YouTube, girl living in Japan learning JP

post | ◷ NIJ | Lain Paterson with a new outfit

post | V-Dere girls with a Chained Together collab, Mozu wasn't able to stream

post | ₪ IDL | Nikki with a donothon

post | Mozu with a charity stream for Gamers Outreach

post | About pillowdear's ASMR

post | Doki is threatening her fans with Birthday announcements
post | She also got invited to Quad Up event for Apex by Oversight Esports

post | Opinion - Hololive offers NOTHING that that you can't do as an indie. My opinion - MerelyTourist is farming attention

post | Michi YouTube stream's notes

post | Requiem allegedly are trans

post | Discussion on Filian allegedly clout chasing Hololive in her early days
post | She rose by pandering to VR chat zoomers and spamming shorts

post | Grimmi announced a Skelter plushie

post | ▷ HLO | A notable Zomrade Googhoul has passed away

post | Irina Kumai was allegedly doxxed by her moderators after she bought a PC from a store one of them worked in. Google doc is dropped and archived

post | ▷ HLO | Subaru is going to get an updated base design
post | Another Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party hololive DLC

post | Despite the bomb and death threats, the Re:AcT's day show did proceed

post | Mikeneko announces the date and time for her Bilibili World 2024 appearance
post | Gaotye (bilibili DD) calls it a cheap publicity stunt

Kizuna AI Teases a Reboot
post | Kizuna A.I. channel posts a video "Me in the Dream", all VODs were unlisted. We're close to her Birthday
post | VODs are available from HoloDex, and her games channel is untouched for now
post | And a livestream with no one, with a link to cognition.kizunaai.com, containing the words "Murmur… You could think of me as something virtual, kinda. I cognize. Please, could you stop the noise? I’m trying to sleep." in the source code. Also Nozomi's tweet

post | Profile says Tsumugu is the producer of KizunaAI, cryptic tweet
post | Less cryptic tweet - Kizuna's reboot will take few more months

post | Ᵽ PHC | Remilia about NTR arc of Mushoku Tensei
post | ebubu disagrees

post | Jorunna took Super Meche to a maid cafe for the first time

post | Scientist Kakapo (who earlier collabed with Raden) is collabing with Clear Rocket vtuber

post | Debut - VSPO EN talents
post | All POVs
post | Question - Any PL info?
post | Arya is Euphie Chevalier

post | ◷ NIJ | Meloco's NijiGTA VOD comments complained about EN, she replied with an apology. Also Varium's 2nd gen is having a 24 hour marathon stream
post | There was a lot of anti activity brought by GTA server. Kanae, who along with Sara Hoshikawa runs the thing (out of their own pockets), says they wont do it again if things continue this way.
| ▷ HLO | Also some info from Holo investors meeting, Bilibili return continues, DEV_IS is struggling to grow

post | Twitter thread about investor Q&A
post | Local text version. Discussion on European market
post | About Hololive and BIlibili

post | Doki’s Palworld VOD is having some problems

post | ☆ HST | It is Goldbullet's Birthday
post | Ruze's M&G slots for Anime Impulse Pheonix completely sold out in 5 minutes

post | Bri (ex-Vrev Cheri Lupina) is celebrating her Birthday

post | Ant-hime is alive, rated Japanese snacks while fleshstreaming

post | Kyoresu is learning Loli Kami Requiem dance IRL

post | Spectra's doing a karaoke relay with other V&U girls

post | Tetel's first ever collab stream, disarming bombs with Nopi Tulpe

post | ▷ HLO | Update on Ina's FF14 adventures and a seemingly new privacy feature allowing to hide accounts
post | Archive (MEGA) - Elizabeth Rose Bloodflame - 【UNARCHIVED KARAOKE】 Shall We Dance?
post | Some schizos were claiming to doxx Cecilia using Keekihime's photos
post | Speaking of Keeki, she performed at Dokomi, clips and pics are on #Keekikingdom hashtag. Discussion on her/Kiara's voice

post | Mio's return stream
post | Info from the stream, pancreatitis
post | Info about pancreatitis, main causes
post | More info

post | Roboco-san reports high fever
post | Discussion on SummerFest
post | Noel's new outfit, screenshots on Twitter

post | VSaikyo Apex Season 6 team leader invitations are going out, charts with teams. Also several streamers' tweets

post | Ᵽ PHC | Muyu's celebrating 30k subs

post | Bibi celebrating 2k

post | Dino vtubers update

post | hoshinochar streams on Twitch, her last stream was July 22, 2023

post | Peo with a charity stream

post | Suou Patra is back with the weekly FF after surgery

post | Ᵽ PHC | @hataraki774 sponsored a horse race for Pico's Birthday
post | The call-ins, including Airi
post | Clip - Pico's Horse Race by hylic

post | CR Cup Street Fighter 6, no Holos. Possibly because of shinjisan, a SF6 pro who was a coach in Rikka's tourney and complained about the event

post | ◷ NIJ | Super Monkey Ball event of NijiJP
post | Raki Kazuki of PixelLink is almost definitely getting a collab with Twisty of NijiEN
post | Speaking of Twisty, what a quote! Context in the next post

post | Graduation - 774inc's Shisui Kiki
Also Graduation - Propro's first talent Amanohoshi Chiroru

post | Twitch is introducing an equivalent to the play button based on watch time

post | Possible reincarnation - Tsukamoto Novel is Suzuka Utako, ex NijiJP

post | Indefinite hiatus - Inowi (formerly Kurohana Inori of CyberLive), after her Birthday stream

post | Pina'a Annyversary stream and a 3D chibi debut
Also Arya Kuroha's debut 2.0

post | Yuno Nightingale celebrated her Anniversary with a karaoke
post | Her Anniversary chatting stream

post | Miyune (now Miniko) decided to spill the beans on her boyfriend manager
post | She collabed with Neuro-sama and Nux

post | ₪ IDL | Enya shows her mixed setup for Celeste
post | Apparently she is not alone

post | honey_goblin with amazing animations

post | Ᵽ PHC | Someone on Kiwi tries to start a Pippa thread by asking everyone else to do all the work
post | Closed, low effort

post | Super Meche posted a showcase of her new model update

post | Mint is debuting a chibi model

post | Graduation - Miukyun, an /asp/ie who might have started creating content as a minor. Archives of VOD and Vocaroo

post | ☆ HST | Bettel and his brother play Chained Together, DSP's fan gifts memberships

post | Meredith's got her first  virtual Meet n Greet

post | Sleepy is requesting weird commercials to watch on stream

post | Local content - Murray with a cooking stream (and Factorio)

post | Kaya's monthly concert is starting

post | Kiki with an announcement. EDIT: A Minecraft server
For anyone wondering about the negativity she gets here, there is a LOT of skeletons in her closet, welcome to the thread on Ralph vs Vtubers

post | ◷ NIJ | Question - Has anything with the sort of prolonged popularity of Kuzuha's NijiGTA streams happened before for VTubers?

post | Moonshine animations teases a Dokibird miniature

post | Clio Aite celebrates her Birthday

post | Nika celebrates her Birthday

post | ▷ HLO | Sora promoting Huawei watch fit 3
post | It's AZKi's Birthday
post | Archive (mega) - Nanashi Mumei - brown moom singin in the dead of night
post | It's been 3 years since Weather Hackers

post | Nyana Banyana posted a selfie as a subathon goal, discussion on flesh posting

post | Wactor (now 910inc) is reviving a graduated talent Mitsurugi Lia
post | With a new person behind the model. Claims that original Mitsurugi Lia approved this skinwalking

DM me about missing info and mistakes!

Link urls are not going to work without adding the "test." part before "thevirtualasylum.com". Hopefully this will be fixed soon with a proper url change of the forum

Last edited:

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I got news about your oshi then...

...so when's Todd gonna release the next game modders will have to finish?

My oshi isn't a hoe, she's a whole ass earth mover brother.

TES6 isn't expected until at least 2026 and if it's anything like Starfield, even modders won't bother because Bethsoft will even more actively curb modders efforts by fucking with file structure and more aggressively attempting to monetize 'creations' nearly a year into release before ever allowing modding tools to touch the market. Somehow they've convinced themselves this isn't going to hurt them, it's only a matter of time before they go under. They invented microtransactions but have legendarily been bad at them, and it will kill their company.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
I'm not too familiar with Rurumi's artstyle, but just after posting her graduation letter she retweeted this. A new account created last month. I also saw both accounts using "★彡"

Did a double take because of the recap. A point of comparison from her past collab with Jelly:
1700838262228055.jpg
Thankfully there's a lot of possible comparisons since maybe 1/3 of her content was art streams:

E: A lot of VODs were uploaded to this channel two days ago. I think it's safe to say that the archive channel will stay up after graduation.

Last edited:

akaaoi

Clip dump 🖇️

Gura has an ESL moment

Honestly I can understand thinking that's how you say that word if you only ever read it and hadn't ever heard it. But that's English for you, the mugger of any passing language that's holding something that English likes the look of.

Bronze

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Nyana Banyana posted a selfie as a subathon goal!

Spoilered incase you don't want your immersion broken.

Another lap-sized woman. Acceptable.

RiverBear

Either WACTOR got a new skinwalker for Lia Misturugi or she somehow ungraduated

1000471445.jpg
It's a new person behind WACTOR's Lia Mitsurugi.

She graduated last March 2023.

First Kizuna Ai, now this.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
New HoloID group song!

They had duck duck goose collab before this premiere and will also have another collab on Iofi's channel soon

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Salado

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

NotDecatto

DYRBI
Onigiri will have a new outfit in August, chat will be helping her with choosing Vgen artists and designs.

Top Bottom