"Lui-nee, I want your kinoko"Kaela Kovalskia

HoloEN4 - holoJustice: Speculation/Discussion/Debut Liveposting

Bronze

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Because of the information blockade in China, almost all external information needs to be conveyed by a variety of people, mostly subjective and opinionated.

But the Chinese don't question this, because their ability to correct information has been almost completely lost, in their eyes such bloggers are God, so rumors and bad influences will continue to circulate😔
Rest assured, a lot of people do the same in the west, regardless of any information blockades. It's just so very convenient.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
I am pretty sure that dude is Thai
I know that. But the color of his skin matches(idk about his schlong) And that's just an example I'm too lazy to find a picture of Keeki with that particular niggег.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Kiara was a BLM supporter and she has never expressed those beliefs on stream, idk what you're trying to imply.
She's just afraid her anti-woke mom will beat her ass.

Negzana

“The Handmaid’s Tale” will never not be funny to me because it perfectly exemplifies Canadian arrogance and cope. In a world where America becomes a dictatorship, what the fuck are the Canadians going to do? Oppose America? With what military? How much can three dudes, a single snowmobile, and a polar bear accomplish against the American military 🦅🦅🦅

What did she say anyway? I feel other Holomems have talked about similar matters without a problem, so it feels odd just mentioning it would get her bonked.
It's funny because the only two countries that ever reached the extremism she talked about at the time was Talibani (AKA Islamic) Afghanistan and the ultraleftist Khmer Rouge which had ritualized rape rituals not unlike the Handmaid's Tale.

frz

Fair. I was thinking more to politically sensitive topics in general.

It seems like hololive chooses to play it on the safe side of some things in regard to sexual matters, or at least that is what my main guess would be. There were complaints about not being allowed to play some portions of The Outlast Trials from Holomems, for example, with cited reasoning being the nudity/sexual matters.
Holo bans nudity because of youtube demonetizing the channels. Nothing really to do with sexual orientation.

Afaik there is no zombie in outlast that jumps at people and yells "conversion therapy!!!!"

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
Fair. I was thinking more to politically sensitive topics in general.

It seems like hololive chooses to play it on the safe side of some things in regard to sexual matters, or at least that is what my main guess would be. There were complaints about not being allowed to play some portions of The Outlast Trials from Holomems, for example, with cited reasoning being the nudity/sexual matters.
Genuine Political discussion is also just really bad for business.

Brapfiend

Afaik there is no zombie in outlast that jumps at people and yells "conversion therapy!!!!"
There is that dude in the dlc for the first game that forcibly cockchops other patients to turn them into his wives. Not sure how that would relate to trials though, but I wasn't interested in that one.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
Genuine Political discussion is also just really bad for business.
I would agree, but Kronii did dive a bit into it in the past, last one I remember was off the joker film she watched. Granted it was still a bit lighter, but I was still surprised by the discussion nonetheless.

It is true Handmaid’s tale may be too sensitive of a topic to talk about, and I just underestimate it; I just genuinely don’t take it seriously because of how quixotic the story is.

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
I like it when vtubers have the same political opinions as me, that's cool and based. But if they think differently then that's not on. Their streams are poisoned by their ideology!

Come on. Who gives a shit what their opinions are, as long as it doesn't come up on stream.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
It's funny because the only two countries that ever reached the extremism she talked about at the time was Talibani (AKA Islamic) Afghanistan and the ultraleftist Khmer Rouge which had ritualized rape rituals not unlike the Handmaid's Tale.
IIRC the book was based on revolutionary Iran.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I like it when vtubers have the same political opinions as me, that's cool and based. But if they think differently then that's not on. Their streams are poisoned by their ideology!

Come on. Who gives a shit what their opinions are, as long as it doesn't come up on stream.
But the Goldbullet video showed when it did come up on stream

:pochiidontlikeit:

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.

Didn't happen with Nina and the most people seem to have on Kiara is that she likes the Handmaid's Tale. Just avoid the streamers that keep bringing it up.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

You forgot Kronii who uses the "proper" pronouns :kroniiphone:

no she fucking didn't, she even called ellen page ellen page before people told her she goes by elliot.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Alright, so, shoutouts to whoever figured out Lizzie is ElieMonty, because if the evidence was relatively sparse before the evidence is a LOT clearer now. This artstyle matches pretty dang closely to fanart she did of another chuuba as Elie recently:

With that in mind, allow me to sperg for a moment about how big of a grab for Holo this is, because frankly, unless you were there you would've had NO idea who she was.

Disclaimer: I am going to be talking about bullshit from a fandom I participated in when I was 11-14. I understand some of you may have reservations about bronies, but please cut me some slack. I was still a little kid at the time.

ElieMonty was extremely well-known in the brony fandom for various reasons, but the primary reason she was so well known was her covers and her voice work. She was well-known among fans as THE "official" fan voice for Rarity (the haughty ojou-samaish character) and Octavia (a background character cellist). I will spare you the suffering of embedding the video directly, but a popular fan animation of said background character features her singing, and that always left a pretty large impression on me when I was young because of her skill.
Another rather important role she played was as the... rather unnecessarily "hot mom" character in another popular fan animation, Button Mash Adventures. Again, although we don't see her singing this time, her voice range is pretty well represented here. Of the two animations I'd suggest watching this one to get an idea of her over the other.

This reputation she gained made her one of the premiere characters in the fandom, alongside other famous girls such as Nowacking (voice of a few characters in Hellsing Abridged, played the "DJ" background character opposite Octavia, eventually went ftm) and Jenny Nicholson (known for youtube video essays now, but well known when she was younger for basically single handedly making the definitive MLP abridged series, Friendship is Witchcraft). Elie was a guest of honor at various brony conventions and enjoyed a pretty large fanbase of spergs.

As time went on, and the brony fandom entered its twilight years, many of its fan content creators would move on to different ventures. Some of them went into general fandom stuff (you probably know TheLivingTombstone moreso for his Five Nights at Freddy's song than anything he made as a brony) or other random internet stuff, and some of them went into the anime fandom/voice acting community. Clearly, in the case of Elie here, she went for the latter, and honestly that's probably for the best.

By now, she's probably pushing 40. She was pretty clearly in her 20s when she started as a content creator back then. In other words: Hag lovers, you won.

This is the most Nolan post I've ever read that wasn't typed by Nolan.
Maybe I should have resisted my urge to dig:

A
I honestly don't mind that much as long as it doesn't become part of the persona (if it really is her). Also worth noting that there was a lot of dooming when Monkeyism/Nina/Matara debuted in Niji because of this kind of stuff, so there's that.
:takocope:

Yeah, and she's not trans herself, just an "ally", which is par for the course as far as women on the internet go.

Into the garbage bin it goes.
I am pretty sure that dude is Thai
Thai people are just blacks who evolved with jungle instead of savannah

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist

Didn't happen with Nina and the most people seem to have on Kiara is that she likes the Handmaid's Tale. Just avoid the streamers that keep bringing it up.
Personally I don't think there's any issue with establishing your community as a "safe space" for people who need it. It's the most harmless PC thing someone can do. Just don't play favorites when someone's being a cunt.

tgmslc

The way this is shaded makes it seem like there is an NSFW version out there
I've come across this person's twitter before, there is 100% an nsfw version behind a Patreon paywall.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
There's obviously different lines in the sand for different people, but this attitude always strikes me as stupid.
A vtuber is more than just a character, it is the person behind the vtuber. I've made an analogy with Kevin Spacey before; yeah I'll watch Kevin Spacey movies and be fine with it because it is purely a character that he's playing, but I'm not going to watch Kevin Spacey playing video games and talking about his day, he's a disgusting person so why would I want to listen to him?

So, for some people that line may be a one year old trans pride tweet, for others it might be IRL pedophilia and rape, etc. but if someone has NO line on what they find acceptable on a basic humanity/morality level as long as it's off stream, I greatly question their conscience (if they have one).

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
if someone has NO line on what they find acceptable on a basic humanity/morality level as long as it's off stream, I greatly question their conscience (if they have one).
Obviously there's a line somewhere, but if that line is "oh the vtuber made a trans pride post once" then they need to go outside more.

Top Bottom