"The secret ingredient in my cookies are my boogers"Eva Ananova

HoloEN4 - holoJustice: Speculation/Discussion/Debut Liveposting

tgmslc

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
There's obviously different lines in the sand for different people, but this attitude always strikes me as stupid.
A vtuber is more than just a character, it is the person behind the vtuber. I've made an analogy with Kevin Spacey before; yeah I'll watch Kevin Spacey movies and be fine with it because it is purely a character that he's playing, but I'm not going to watch Kevin Spacey playing video games and talking about his day, he's a disgusting person so why would I want to listen to him?

So, for some people that line may be a one year old trans pride tweet, for others it might be IRL pedophilia and rape, etc. but if someone has NO line on what they find acceptable on a basic humanity/morality level as long as it's off stream, I greatly question their conscience (if they have one).
Just say "She's not Irys therefore I must anti her like an autist" and stop wasting people's time with overreactions.

I'll let you in on a little secret: Most vtubers who aren't from japan are white, european or second-generation immigrants living in the west coast and canada, most of these people are statistically left-leaning and they most definitely support progressive messaging, that does not make them child-abuse supporters.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
There's obviously different lines in the sand for different people, but this attitude always strikes me as stupid.
A vtuber is more than just a character, it is the person behind the vtuber. I've made an analogy with Kevin Spacey before; yeah I'll watch Kevin Spacey movies and be fine with it because it is purely a character that he's playing, but I'm not going to watch Kevin Spacey playing video games and talking about his day, he's a disgusting person so why would I want to listen to him?

So, for some people that line may be a one year old trans pride tweet, for others it might be IRL pedophilia and rape, etc. but if someone has NO line on what they find acceptable on a basic humanity/morality level as long as it's off stream, I greatly question their conscience (if they have one).
You know what, I actually agree with this one.

People will excuse a lot just to have a good time.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Well, the point is, unless they are constantly being absolute retards on their alts or on main, then whining about what someone said a year+ ago before joining the company is pretty fucking gay. Quite frankly, I think people act like fucking retards holding a grudge over some dumb shit that may have been said enough to mindlessly anti them and not just ignore them.

Most of the shit people whine about with Holomems falls into that category. It isn't like it is shit being said constantly on stream or on Twitter by them like some other VTubers out there.

Maybe for braindead shit that indies or Nijisanji may say. But I can't think of a single thing a Holo talent may have said that was severe enough to actually constantly whine about them years after the fact rather than just ignoring their existence.

Especially comparing it to someone like Kevin Spacey is laughable.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You know what, I actually agree with this one.

Lol isn't this the same shit as going back on someone's timeline to look for racist tweets from years ago to cancel them? You guys really aren't any better than the people you claim to hate, politics is truly a horseshoe with all of the nutters at the ends.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Lol isn't this the same shit as going back on someone's timeline to look for racist tweets from years ago to cancel them? You guys really aren't any better than the people you claim to hate, politics is truly a horseshoe with all of the nutters at the ends.
Yes it is!

:mikothumbsl:

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
no she fucking didn't, she even called ellen page ellen page before people told her she goes by elliot.
Isn't one of her friends trans though from that vnovel social circle? I thought quite a few of them were.

Maybe she deadnames them :BijouBijou:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Isn't one of her friends trans though from that vnovel social circle? I thought quite a few of them were.

Maybe she deadnames them :BijouBijou:
her friend circle is full of LGBBQLSDTV folk but I don't know how many are trans.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
her friend circle is full of LGBBQLSDTV folk but I don't know how many are trans.
Sorry, dude. Guilty by associate. She must be hung, now.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
I'm waiting for Roman Polanski to weigh in on this discussion before I make up my mind.

God's Strongest Dragoon

>ITT people figuring out that white women and bananas like Kronii are prone to posting LGBT shit due to decades of propaganda and peer pressure from their fellow retards, especially if they were pursuing any sort of career in the close-knit groups like VA faggotry, and such tweets are not indicative of their actual personality
I'm more concerned that Elizabeth's face is like a brick but hey, this ain't Pretty Connect. :wah:

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
>ITT people figuring out that white women and bananas like Kronii are prone to posting LGBT shit due to decades of propaganda and peer pressure from their fellow retards, especially if they were pursuing any sort of career in the close-knit groups like VA faggotry, and such tweets are not indicative of their actual personality
I'm more concerned that Elizabeth's face is like a brick but hey, this ain't Pretty Connect. :wah:
I thought you guys wanted a hag :SelenHAHAhere:

Inb4 she ends up being someone else and all of this whining was for nothing.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Stalker-maxx your oshi and the company before comitting to them to make sure they dont have the icky politics you dont like

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Just say "She's not Irys therefore I must anti her like an autist" and stop wasting people's time with overreactions.

I'll let you in on a little secret: Most vtubers who aren't from japan are white, european or second-generation immigrants living in the west coast and canada, most of these people are statistically left-leaning and they most definitely support progressive messaging, that does not make them child-abuse supporters.
Where did I say that that tweet was my line? Oh, I didn’t? Huh, weird, crazy what reading can do.
My argument was against the attitude that ‘NOTHING matters as long as it’s off stream’.
Especially comparing it to someone like Kevin Spacey is laughable.
I haven’t been keeping up with all of the Kiki drama (I’ve peeked into that thread a few times and regretted it), but considering that, is a Kevin Spacey comparison really that crazy?

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Where did I say that that tweet was my line? Oh, I didn’t? Huh, weird, crazy what reading can do.
My argument was against the attitude that ‘NOTHING matters as long as it’s off stream’.

I haven’t been keeping up with all of the Kiki drama (I’ve peeked into that thread a few times and regretted it), but considering that, is a Kevin Spacey comparison really that crazy?
If NijisanjiEN at its worst managed to somehow not hire a retarded ASMR scammer i doubt Holo will ever accidentaly hire a Kiki-tier reprobate

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I was talking in context of holomems, if we are talking in terms of people like Kiki, then no you are not wrong.

I am also not exclusively talking about reactions here, either, but places like /vt/ and Reddit that will do it daily and unprompted over mild shit that happened years ago.

For example, Fauna, Kiara, IRyS, and FWMC and all the Stars still having dedicated anits on both sides over imaginary or dumb shit.

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Maybe a brick could fix her British teeth. (This is not a call to violence, but a surgical recommendation)

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Holo should do more HoloX style debuts, giving people several days to cook up shit in their heads is clearly not working.

Top Bottom