"'Kissu mii anda za oo-doh, OK?' eh, kaigainiki always say 'OK' to anything I say"Inugami Korone

OffKai Expo 2023

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Weren't the gen 2 girls Supposed to announce something? Lia mentioned ot yesterday?

UberSoldat

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
The Phase Gen 2 panel is on now.

Airi currently going crazy, probably sleep deprivation and stress

I missed it anyone got a run down of anything interesting or a vod?
:urtearingmeapart:

Arznbae

wtf is happening
They're strapping Shiina to the roomba.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I missed it anyone got a run down of anything interesting or a vod?
:urtearingmeapart:
Just fun banter, nothing particularly new or interesting

Anon posted rentry with torrents.
Looking at image previews I don't think it was streamed. But someone wrote highlights, obviously to be taken with a grain of salt:
Warosu link
View attachment 31277
View attachment 31278
View attachment 31279
I really like dizzy but she really needs to chill, if she'd that much of a nervous trainwreck that bit on her streams is just her about to lose her shit. If fishman hasn't fired pippa for all the shit she said on stream she's on good hands and the only one that was fired she would know exactly what went down and know what not to do. Tsunderia must've been a fucking shitshow that gave her full blown ptsd.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
For all intents and purposes, these past two days have had incredible tech and other issues that shouldn't have taken place. Each time it happens, the response is always "we are trying our best to resolve this issue", or something among those lines, and everything keeps pushing forward.

If it were isolated incidents that would be quickly overshadowed by the rest of the convention, that could be readily forgiven. We've had identity theft in real time to a live audience, flashers sexually harassing talents at meetups, an increasing lack of quality control, and these are only a few examples of things we know about.

The tech issues alone are worth a thread itself, as are the talents that were screwed over along the way. Time, money, and weeks of constant prep with sleepless nights can't be fixed with a "we're sorry". Leagues of sponsors being topped with Idol Corp bankroll should have ensured that not even a fraction of these issues should have happened. Incompetence at this level could very well have legal repercussions, and if not, it is going to be incredibly difficult to get the sheer amount of talent and participants backing them in the following year. If the tech issues persist today? Another round of "we're sorry" will just seem like a broken record.

Unironically, a competing convention could sweep Offkai off their feet, if they invested primarily in their streaming tech, security, and quality of life for both talents and con-goers/viewers. It doesn't even need to be large to start out with - it just needs to be a localized event focused on a handful of content, which excels at and overcomes the weaknesses Offkai presented. Expand gradually year after year, instead of all at once. Running a convention is tough work to begin with, but if that's what you want to do, you're going to have to do it right if you don't want to be another footnote next to the dashcon ball pit. And doing it right will consist of incredibly more pre-convention testing, checks and balances than the current iteration of Offkai seems to have gone through.

In short: where did all the money and preparation go to, if this is the result? And who will make the hours-long videos documenting these events?
I have worked setting up conventions and while I agree that this shit is usually what people should prioritize I can assure you that it's the last thing people work on. Event organizers care more about all the tables having a cover so they look nice than the tech shit you can't see. Basically, they care more about the visual aspect and the presentation and only once people start bitching hard about it do they take steps to fix the issue. Back when I worked at it we would get SONY tv's for free to place all around the convention but these TVs would cause input lag which is a huge no-no with fighting games (and a part of the convention was a fighting game tournament). We got a ton of shit for it. Additionally, one of the VGA display cables fucked up and for one of the setups we just had to use the standard Xbox RGB cable. The quality was kinda shit for that one TV and we also got a ton of shit because of it.

You can expect shit to improve for the next one.

Been watching some of Evanit0's streams. He mentioned having a special WIFI thing and this is why his stream doesn't look like shit. Lopi is around being chaotic and they are walking around with another Vtuber (Stella, not sure who she is)

Edit: Also Pancho's handler is cute as hell

1687118183758.png

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
They're strapping Shiina to the roomba.

Are they privating all of them today (Remi's was still up after)? I had to miss part of it, any marriage proposals? :smugpipi:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Are they privating all of them today (Remi's was still up after)? I had to miss part of it, any marriage proposals? :smugpipi:
Just checked both Uruka and Lia's are gone

Last edited:

MyName

Lurker McSpic

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Lurker McSpic

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Of course there are more tech issues. Uruka's Karaoke was supposed to start 30 minutes ago but they're trying to fix the problems. Just another one to add to the pile.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Of course there are more tech issues. Uruka's Karaoke was supposed to start 30 minutes ago but they're trying to fix the problems. Just another one to add to the pile.
How are they still fucking this shit up, would it really have been too hard to just leave the shit alone after they finally got it working last night?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Live Uruka violin performance. Heck yeah. She's already killing it.

And DJ man already fucking around with Tenma watching.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Running a convention is tough work to begin with, but if that's what you want to do, you're going to have to do it right if you don't want to be another footnote next to the dashcon ball pit.

Okay, can we agree the comparisons to Dashcon are a bit hyperbolic? Remember, Dashcon was promoting concerts by bands that had no idea the event existed, had panelists who did show up not get paid, had to literally pass a hat to raise funds during the con so they wouldn't get kicked out by the hotel while some of the accounting turned out to be fishy by those at the top, and so on. Tech issues could be incompetence but what happened with Dashcon was outright malice.

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
It's pretty astounding that they can't sort it out by now. "Don't be angry with the staff and...." No, all your fans are angry with the Offkai staff reasonable for the shitty scuffed performances and they should be. The companies could have all just had a swap meet to sell all the merch and stuff and left out the online crap if it wasn't going to work.

Edit

Signing Bot? :guradumbl:Dude, you could have carted all the Cali girls over there to actually sign the stuff. Also why have a signing bot? Couldn't they just sign and print something and it's the same effect? I'm sorry this just seems pointless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom