"I always feel the universe between my legs"Minase Rio

Vidya Games Thread

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Guys today I learned that you can sort Steam reviews by funny

JMForte

I've only played two Hooded Horse published games so far, but I've been very interested in their current and upcoming titles as many of them look fun and interesting.
Got to say, looking through their upcoming games, and seeing the games they have published, holy fuck, these guys got some great games.

Espiocracy is grand strategy game in the Cold War, a setting which does not get enough love. Don't know if this game will be good, but I am starving for Cold War era strategy games. I need recommendations for games that take place during the Cold War.

I forgot about Xenonauts, I remember when the first one came out a decade ago.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Got to say, looking through their upcoming games, and seeing the games they have published, holy fuck, these guys got some great games.

Espiocracy is grand strategy game in the Cold War, a setting which does not get enough love. Don't know if this game will be good, but I am starving for Cold War era strategy games. I need recommendations for games that take place during the Cold War.
Regiments is a fun enough singleplayer Wargame-like set during the late cold war (1989), iirc its getting dynamic campaigns soon ish

JMForte

Regiments is a fun enough singleplayer Wargame-like set during the late cold war (1989), iirc its getting dynamic campaigns soon ish

Looks good, I just don't get why there just seems to be so little Cold War strategy games outside of cold war gone hot, wargames and nuke/missile dropping games, I actually do, probably because the Cold War is complex and would probably be a challenge to get right but I feel like anyone who actually is able to get it right or at least decent enough would get it to sell like hotcakes.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Looks good, I just don't get why there just seems to be so little Cold War strategy games outside of cold war gone hot, wargames and nuke/missile dropping games, I actually do, probably because the Cold War is complex and would probably be a challenge to get right but I feel like anyone who actually is able to get it right or at least decent enough would get it to sell like hotcakes.
Agreed. I find Cold War era history very interesting and would love to see more games explore some of the more complex aspects of it. Would love to see something putting more focus on the geopolitical aspects of it.

JMForte

Agreed. I find Cold War era history very interesting and would love to see more games explore some of the more complex aspects of it. Would love to see something putting more focus on the geopolitical aspects of it.
Yeah that's why I'm excited for Espiocracy, running a spy agency during the Cold War is perfect for a strategy game. Closest we ever really got to what I want was that cancelled Hearts of Iron game East vs West

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
I need recommendations for games that take place during the Cold War.
Recommendations for Cold War (gone hot) games isn't complete without mentioning the RTT game World in Conflict.

One Cold War game you should definitely avoid at all costs is Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Cold War. It has very little content and a lack of depth compared to mods. It's a shame because games depicting the Cold War outside of the 80's/early-90's and the Vietnam War aren't common. At least we got Hotmod 1968 (for Gates of Hell: Ostfront) out of it, which is what that game should've been.
(NOT to be confused with the Cold War mod for Men of War: Assault Squad 2, but the name is a misnomer as it takes places during modern day).

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Another great Humble Bundle

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

A game about fighting "Capitalistic vampires"

Nigga don't just drop a bomb like that and wander off

Kalion

:)

A glimpse into a nightmare future.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I need recommendations for games that take place during the Cold War.

buckle up, because cold war historical/alt-history fiction is my particular hyperfixation, but I'll try to keep descriptions minimal

Criminally underrated, Terminal Conflict is exactly what you're looking for, even if nobody knows about it:

in the same vein, become the glowie:

and in a related conflict on the opposite side of the world, decades beforehand:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Another trailer for Kingmaker dropped a few days ago

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Another trailer for Kingmaker dropped a few days ago

oh yeah, that's the good stuff. open up modding, private servers, it'll have a long life with the community.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake releases today, and for anyone not following the eternal culture war, it's been hit with "The Localization Stick" in exactly the way you thought it would be (turning the cross-dressing character trans). with that in mind, perhaps I might offer an alternative at a quarter of the price:

in other news, Godzilla comes to hit indie game Dave The Diver, it's a great game and I will always be confused that it fell off in the streaming meta:

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Important announcement

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake releases today, and for anyone not following the eternal culture war, it's been hit with "The Localization Stick" in exactly the way you thought it would be (turning the cross-dressing character trans). with that in mind, perhaps I might offer an alternative at a quarter of the price:
Honestly the more atrocious action they did was the orchestral remixes of the ost. Some of the tracks are nice but some of them like eg; Rawk Hawk's theme have less pronounced synths and guitars which just makes the theme worse.
I hate orchestral remixes man, why are you using an orchestra for the whole ost when the game was using synths...

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake releases today, and for anyone not following the eternal culture war, it's been hit with "The Localization Stick" in exactly the way you thought it would be (turning the cross-dressing character trans).
For anyone who doesn't frequent KF, or just hasn't seen the featured thread yet:
1716297673632.png

with that in mind, perhaps I might offer an alternative at a quarter of the price:
Seconding this. Bug Fables is a great game.

Edit: I'm honestly really disappointed by this. I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced. I probably should have expected this to happen, but I didn't. Hopefully someone mods the dialogue soon, so I can find a copy that fell off the back of a truck.

Well, at least it gives me more motivation to study Japanese.

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Sale on all things Warhammer

Mechanicus 2 and Boltgun DLC announced as well.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
For anyone who doesn't frequent KF, or just hasn't seen the featured thread yet:
1716297673632.png

Seconding this. Bug Fables is a great game.

Edit: I'm honestly really disappointed by this. I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced. I probably should have expected this to happen, but I didn't. Hopefully someone mods the dialogue soon, so I can find a copy that fell off the back of a truck.

Well, at least it gives me more motivation to study Japanese.
>becomes trans
>immediately develops a persecution complex
Telling on themselves again? :smugpipi:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Space Marine 2 Multiplayer Modes Revealed
  • 3 player Co-Op "operations" campaign
  • 6v6 PvP of Adeptus vs Chaos Space Marines
There's apparently going to be a lot of customization as well[

JMForte

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake releases today, and for anyone not following the eternal culture war, it's been hit with "The Localization Stick" in exactly the way you thought it would be (turning the cross-dressing character trans).
Wasn't this the one where the original was that she/he? was trans but the english localization changed that and now it's closer to the source material? I've never played it, so I know jack shit about this character.
edit: Ok I looked into it and realized, localizations from back then had it all over the place. Some localizations they were a guy and some where they were a girl, but it's hard to actually get anything solid without speaking the language.

Last edited:
Top Bottom