"I'm a special bird, I don't have a cloaca. I'm built like a Barbie"Nanashi Mumei

Vidya Games Thread

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Happy Warhammer Week! Try not to think about how GW is rotting from the inside via DEI poisoning, and instead look forward to-

Mechanicus II, announced today, XCOM-like for those who crave the strength and certainty of steel, much like the first:

Talisman Digital 5th Edition, announced today as well, the third digital adaptation of this board game, so if it's shit you can always fall back to one of the others:

Boltgun DLC, wouldn't you know it was also announced today, I'm surprised it wasn't announced sooner but I'll take more of it either way:

Demolition Pack for Gladius, adding new units across the board - so, uh, easy skip since it's $10 for a unit pack. However, because the vast majority of the game is in its DLC, best to hold off on purchasing any of it unless you're willing to go all the way:

Surprisingly, Battlesector has a free update today and no paid DLC! Well, the publisher took over from the developers, so we have yet to see how that will turn out, fingers crossed they don't fuck it up. Next faction is the Astra Militarum, currently in development, and they've also promised more campaign DLCs like the base game as well as a long-term reworking of various systems that were otherwise underwhelming. Until then, this is probably the closest you'll get to tabletop Warhammer without going into debt building armies, so it's always my go-to recommendation whenever someone wants to get into the game:

Speed Freeks is in open beta, just request access and you're good to race fast and kill even faster. Twisted Metal is dead, but Orkz brought it back to life with a box of scraps:

Blood Bowl III has some *exclusive* dice to add to your collection if you play it now before May 30th! I don't actually want anyone to purchase Blood Bowl III, my talking about this is primarily because I wouldn't be doing this correctly if I didn't mention it, I trust your reading comprehension otherwise! Don't buy it! Buy Blood Bowl II instead!

Both Darktide and Vermintide also have their own events running this week, so be sure to buddy up if you don't want to run pugs. Nothing says "friendship" like mowing down your bloodsworn enemies by the thousand, together:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Wasn't this the one where the original was that she/he? was trans but the english localization changed that and now it's closer to the source material? I've never played it, so I know jack shit about this character.
edit: Ok I looked into it and realized, localizations from back then had it all over the place. Some localizations they were a guy and some where they were a girl, but it's hard to actually get anything solid without speaking the language.
Vivian's card in Super Paper Mario lists him as "キュートな オトコのコ" (Cute Otokonoko/male daughter). Think something like Astolfo. A guy who likes to look cute and wear girly clothing.

Edit: Apparently it was in Thousand Year Door, too, for his party description. "カゲ三人組の一人だった オンナのコのようで ホントは オトコのコ"

UberSoldat

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Vivian's card in Super Paper Mario lists him as "キュートな オトコのコ" (Cute Otokonoko/male daughter). Think something like Astolfo. A guy who likes to look cute and wear girly clothing.

Edit: Apparently it was in Thousand Year Door, too, for his party description. "カゲ三人組の一人だった オンナのコのようで ホントは オトコのコ"
So a trap, the eternal enemy of the vermintide.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
The funny thing is that traps dress like women but still identify as men. It's really telling that vermintide identify with them so much.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The funny thing is that traps dress like women but still identify as men. It's really telling that vermintide identify with them so much.
They wish they could pass for women so easily.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Troons want traps and similar mild forms of atypical gender expression gone and erased completely, which is why they always seems to end up retconned as trans characters like we see here. The more they monopolise the idea that being trans is the only way, the more victims they get to spread their weird cult with rather than the safer and more stable subcultures you saw before.

Ballpark_Look

Well known leaker hints at new Mario game.

Saturnus

haha it's unou

Well known leaker hints at new Mario game.

Codename means next to nothing imo + anyone with a brain would be able to guess Nintendo would make a Mario launch title for New Switch Ultra 2 that probably follows up on Odyssey/Whatever they were cooking up in 3D World's new content.

Xuhle

Codename means next to nothing imo + anyone with a brain would be able to guess Nintendo would make a Mario launch title for New Switch Ultra 2 that probably follows up on Odyssey/Whatever they were cooking up in 3D World's new content.
Reminder that the codename for the gamecube was Dolphin. there is literally nothing to tell us anything by just learning a codename.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Which way western man?
trap-vs-trans.png

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Are you ready for the next flavor of the month?

This looks amazing, but the reply to the tweets are filled with Denpafish, Hexa and many vtubers.

This INDIE EXPO is insane, so many great trailers, I feel revitalized after being forced to watch Ubisoft nigga samurai discourse:

New Suda's

Next Ladybug's metroidvania

Stealth metroidvania, sounds interesting at least but was delayed from 2023 to 2024

I like games like Furi so

Obligatory shmup (already available)

An actual Ninja Slayer game (looks like peak kusoge like Viewtiful Joe)

An jp indie based in old horror, this looks incredible, like a modern classic RE

And a very interesting platformer that reminds me of Sonic Rush for some reason

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
now here are some games that I've been following the development of, and where they stand

Nintendo won't print money with a Zelda Maker, despite demand for one, so begins another episode of "indie devs making what the people want" with Quest Master. First learned about it a year or so back, and it seems to be received well, but is woefully un-advertised:

Releasing today is a Japanese Horror Game, TOKYO PSYCHODEMIC, a hybrid Anime and FMV detective-horror game, that will unfortunately bomb miserably. Not only are they releasing the game at $54.99, but without the translations that were advertised beforehand (they are confirmed to come later). In another universe, were it $25 cheaper and translated on time, it could have seen success the second streamers picked it up! I will continue to mald about this until morale improves:

Another Japanese Horror game in development, Nightmare Operator, better not repeat the same mistakes or I will continue to mald, because it also looks like something that could be streamed to hell and back again on release. Video was posted in the last post, so here's the steam page:

in the same vein, Type-NOISE: Shonen Shojo seems to hit enough notes to attract the Zero Escape fans (Eimi Isami) that they will inevitably swarm to it when released. Also, one of the characters is literally Lia:

...and another title for mentally ill anime women to play to death on stream when it releases (Eimi Isami), where equally mentally-ill anime women are facing each other in overly-dramaticized gambling matches, also handled by the Needy Streamer Overload planners.

in short, I, for one, am all for ANIME SUPREMACY when it comes to current and upcoming indie games, normies and triple-AAA devs can cope and seethe.

Last edited:

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Third and likely final PV for SMT V: Vengeance. I like the Odin/Thor combo attack.

UberSoldat

Civvie plays Descent 1 and 2

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Close to finishing 3, and I enjoy it. Definitely took getting used to how fluid and fast it is coming from 2, but it's been fun. Will definitely be going through it again with another build once I'm done with my first run.
Finished Dark Souls 3 a few days ago. Was great. Still not sure whether I liked 1 or 3 better as a whole, but 3 definitely had some favorites in it for me. 3 probably has my favorite boss in the series with Slave Knight Gael, which doesn't seem to be a unique choice in favorite boss. Was a very fun fight that felt like a true 1v1 between two warriors. The large, open arena made it so that even pieces of the environment would rarely interfere in the fight in the form of accidentally being blocked by something. It was a tough, but fair fight, and it felt damn near perfect.

The Ringed City DLC was pretty great, but aside from the Friede fight, which was great, Ashes of Ariandel wasn't great. There were some decent areas, but the fact that I didn't get to face one of the two bosses in it for quite a long time in, I think needing to get through four bonfire locations, made it feel like a slog at times. On top of getting gangbanged by a shit ton of wolves and Farron Followers in multiple areas made the experience not fun at times. It wasn't a bad DLC, but it wasn't great either.

That being said, 3 as a whole was great, and I already started a sorcerer before even beating it the first time around. I can definitely see myself doing many playthroughs of it.

Some other things to mention from my playthroughs:

• For the first time ever in the series, I beat a boss first try without taking any damage, if I'm remembering correctly, and it was the fight with Oceiros.
  • Midir was probably the toughest fight for me, probably followed by Sulyvahn. Friede, Nameless King, and Abyss Watchers were pretty rough on me too.
  • When I was making the climb in the boss fight against Ancient Wyvern, he somehow glitched and died while I was fighting other enemies. I've read that it's not that uncommon of an occurrence.
  • Applicable to the entire series, but I fucking hate the dogs. Most frustrating enemies in the game. To anyone responsible for them, I hope a dog shits in their shoes.
  • I have a bad habit of not reading about the items I pick up, so I didn't know the undead bone shards upgraded the potency of the flask, and by the time I realized it, I had like 8 or 9 shards.
As I said before, I stayed away from the series up until now for various reasons, but I'm glad I finally decided to play them. I see why people hold the series in high regards. That being said, I still dislike how obnoxious Soulsfags can be.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Today I learned that some assholes are putting undumped protos in fucking plastic

EDIT: LOL I wonder if I knew the guy they are talking about who died in the early portion of the video

Top Bottom