"DURR ARA ARA. DURR BOTTOM. IS THAT ALL YOU VTUBER FUCKS CAN SAY!?!"Juniper Actias

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Bronze

Everyone!!

Remember my sign (๑╹ᆺ╹)
We'll be together from now on!

So let's laugh✩°。⋆⸜(* ॑꒳ ॑* )⸝
I'll laugh too (*´꒳`*)゚*.・♡

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Lap is taking the news about A-chan like a big girl

Also she finally got this in her hands

Bonus Dtto being happy about her friend :D

closedblas

This dog wants a JP invader so much she's doing an entire zatsu stream about auditions.

The 774 girls who graduated over the past year would be a great Phase fit for menheramaxxing.

We already have all the cute we need here:

Johnny Jambalaya

BlueSharkTV alt account
Early Adopter
Ward Security
He was awake, but he didn't put it in the banner at the top of every page? This is actual vtuber news, not Kurosanji taking another L because it's a day that ends in y.

Hololive wouldn't be what it is today without A-chan. Vtubing as we know it would probably be very different.
Added to top of the banner.

Void Scribas

Idol really does feel like a sinking ship at this point. This is not the first time we've seen odd unexplained absences, and the last two with Yuko and Pochi were obviously because of issues behind-the-scenes.

The recent acceleration is just more cause for concern, since this is quickly becoming the Niji business model where they continuously roll out new waves to lessen the financial impact of existing talents leaving.

That would be a very slow sinking ship. Implosion in 2026? Hell, for much we can rightfully call out Nijisanji they're still on their feet, for better or worse.

I will mention that in Coni case there isn't that much of an absence like what happened with Yuko and Pochi. Besides, Yuko was kind of responsible for that fuck up.

Like I said, Fuyo and Rin have been more absent on YouTube and I don't see people blackpillposting about that. But both of them and Coni are still active on Twitter. And I will repeat, if Coni was planning to leave idol, why would she accept to enter the VSMP server?

Hell Poko is going to America and Coni herself commented that she wants to show her around

She is making plenty of things, someone who is planning to leave the ship would not do. Or at least is expected to not do.

Now. Menace social media is seem more active in the last days. And you are all right, it seems strange.

I was thinking about some reason that went beyond just “Graduation incoming”. To separate types of audiences? Maintain the safety net ready just in case?

Then Sankisel mentioned something that I had not considered:

All of the new ones problaby have better deals specially Meica who still retains his indie Persona
Please look at how many vtubers Adviel was losing in the last months due to bad managment: Thats not a rrat

It needs to be said that the deal with Meica goes beyond just retaining her indie persona. I know most of the people here are not Latinos, but Meica entrance in idol ES was a big deal because she, arguably, is right now the most popular Vtuber focused on Spanish-speaking audiences, Post-Nimu Implosion, of course. But what is most curious is that after entering in Idol nothing really changed in the way Meica does streams, as a fellow spic that watches her, she still focuses more of her activities on Twitch and the things she talks and do, the people she collabs, all of that is still done in the way when she was indie.

It doesn't felt like she is in a corpo sometimes. It felt like she really said to Idol, “I will be part of your agency if you give me nearly not restrictions and let me work the way I was doing before”.

Considering her previous story with Wactor, it would not be surprising.

Now Lisa and Tonya also maintain their previous persona and probably, I hope, were smarter about that and that means they also got better deals.

But Sankisel is right, what happens with the girls of E-Sekai and Endless? I will not be surprise if there are a contract negation behind-the-scene, possible to get less restriction, similar to Meica has.

Coni making Menace more active, could be a way to be prepared in case the negotiations fails, or also to enjoy streaming with less restriction like Meica is doing, while maintaining the Coni persona to the more professional stuff.

The most crazy idea I had is Coni asking Idol to fuse the Menace and Coni persona into a single brand, with less restriction in the content she can make, like ASMR and GFE.

Now, of course, Idol is doing actual fuck-ups like:

That's genuinely unacceptable, and it fits in with some of the other unprofessional conduct we've seen from Idol. Aviel only cares about complaints if they hurt his optics - that's why no action was taken on paying that one artist and the clipper programme guy or resolving Pochi's issues until they were made public. If you know of other people who're also having trouble with Idol merch it might be worth making a thing of it.

Yeah, that's a Corpo for you, for the most part.

Hope they solve this issue soon and whatever other they have in private.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
A-Chan bowing out is a bummer, but there's at least one piece of good news today:

A
E: Addendum:

A

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
While it is sad that A-chan is going, seven years is an eternity to be an office manager/meeting scheduler. I really hope she takes time off for herself and her folks, as much as that can happen in current year japanese life (unlikely).

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Hoping that another dog has some good news for us:

E: She's graduating. Fuck, man, her collabs with Lia were so good. Been a long time coming apparently. More detailed announcement tomorrow.
E2: She's not getting into Invaders. The phrasing is "leaving the industry as a whole." No Lazarus Pit for this one Best take note anyway, though I am quite doubtful. I think developments in the past year or so have dampened the impact of graduations, but it was one of the first things Woomy mentioned. She didn't say much, really, and just asked everyone to wait for the more detailed graduation announcement. Also worth noting that Woomy has no PL I know of.
E3: There go the tears. :depressedtako:
E4: July 13. Been a while since we had a "hard" graduation. Other than A-Chan just today of course.
E5: Checked /pcg/ and the Lia split if anyone knows anything more. Apparently Woomy graduated IRL uni and got a job. Her mental well-being has been declining since then. She's really done.
E6: She took down the announcement stream quickly. She struggled through that one. :pomuLove:

E7: A final note: my PFP is a re-colored and edited version of the drawing Jelly made when she collabed with Rurumi last year. Sadly, it was on Twitch so I don't know if there's a VOD around.

Last edited:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Karen is streaming a reaction to their Haunted House thing, and probably playing Alone in the Dark afterward. She honestly looks pretty good, and less like death ironically.

ex_lurker

closedblas

A-chan should be fine financially with her start-up equity ....right? :achansasuga:

Bronze

Hoping that another dog has some good news for us:

She said she's graduating

I've just checked Heavenrend's twitter and noticed they held auditions last november but debuted no one. So where are they?

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Man. Woke up to losing A-chan. What the fuck lol. It's actually making me far sadder than feels reasonable too. Wish her all the best though because as others have said, it is 100% unironically true that she literally helped shape the Hololive we have. Through work, talent support, friend support, and everything else she could do and being a face of the company doing her best to connect the fandom across branches. I sincerely hope the family health issues aren't horrible and if she ever somehow came back it would assuredly be to open arms.
I am sad, but A-chan was a real one and she genuinely deserves good things in life. Not just for building up a group of anime women I'm far too invested in, but from all things we've heard for actually being an amazing friend to these people as well. It's honestly not easy to get someone who sticks around for such a long time and actually cares about you and how you're doing. These people are lucky to have had that.
:gurasemperfi: Farewell to an actual legend of the company who did all she could for it, the talents and even the fans, on screen and especially off.

Last edited:

DanishCookies

LaceHunter

s arent Heros
They are just doing it for the Gachashit: I am surprised the first was Kobo seeing that Iofi literally starting streaming on her PL to play Genshit and other Hoyoverse stuff
Never watched a Ollie PL stream but i am sure she also loves Gachashit
Never said they are heroes, it's just word 'testing water' really stick with them, i just hope 'bad impression cuz they are going to bili2 just for gachashit' is the worst thing that can happen. Call me cringe and dumb or migoed me man, i've been watching them for four years and i hope still can many years after, and this sudden turn is just nothingburger gachashit.

Fau

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Yeah, that's a Corpo jew for you, for the most part.

Hope they solve this issue soon and whatever other they have in private.
fixed that for ye

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Holo uploaded a short with some of the moments of A-chan in Hologra and in the comments they say there will be something new in the Hologra of this week(30th of June)

Stunned But Dumb

So much has already been said, I don't know what to add. Just that I will miss A-chan. What a sad way to step down

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Might I offer the finest European vintage in these trying times 🍷:

Top Bottom