"Just because she's my oshi doesn't mean I want to get tentacled by Ina"Amanogawa Shiina

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

NotDecatto

DYRBI
Kanna Yanagi from Pixellink (formerly Erika Byakko from VReverie) doing a handcam stream. Her hands are pretty.

Bronze

Tenma is planning to play bunch of games soon

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
I mean, the interesting thing about Mushoku has always been that it plays the hyper-male focused isekai themes straight, but makes it all plausible with well-developed characters and world-building, to the point that it almost surpasses the limitations of the genre.
It was the novel series that popularized Isekai. A bit odd that it didn't get adapted until now when it is the source for the lot of the tropes that current isekai draw from.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Huh, so that's where Proctor's been:

A
bossman....PNG
A
I take it that "market research" is a euphemism for joining the groomcord?

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

So, is Proctor on some wild coke-fueled bender and that's how Kizuna Ai is returning? I could use some answers.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Benio playing various games

Fatum Ruptor playing Content Warning

Bam will continue to play Dark Souls II in 30 minutes

Kohaku Ymekui's and Tomoe Carmine's wedding cover

Afterparty stream

Got a very random and stupid question for y'all. Does anyone know what happened to the vtuber Ant Hime? Last I heard from her, she talked about parrot chan, since then, all of her social media hasn't been active since.
She is alive. Rating Japanese snacks. Irl model included gura vtubers.png

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!
Benio playing various games

Fatum Ruptor playing Content Warning

Bam will continue to play Dark Souls II in 30 minutes

Kohaku Ymekui's and Tomoe Carmine's wedding cover

Afterparty stream

She is alive. Rating Japanese snacks. Irl model included View attachment 72780

Why is her voice TEMU Ironmouse? :ironmousekek:

NotDecatto

DYRBI

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
It was the novel series that popularized Isekai. A bit odd that it didn't get adapted until now when it is the source for the lot of the tropes that current isekai draw from.
It made them more formulaic, sure (along with the rise in syosetu and other webnovel sites), but the ideas were around for a LONG time beforehand. MÄR and Zero no Tsukaima came out like a decade before Mushoku did, and those are way more trite/tropey (and popular, honestly) than Mushoku. Hell, if you want to go further back there's stuff like Vision of Escaflowne which also do the whole "taken to another world" bit, or even Inuyasha if you want to stretch the definitions a bit.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
It made them more formulaic, sure (along with the rise in syosetu and other webnovel sites), but the ideas were around for a LONG time beforehand. MÄR and Zero no Tsukaima came out like a decade before Mushoku did, and those are way more trite/tropey (and popular, honestly) than Mushoku. Hell, if you want to go further back there's stuff like Vision of Escaflowne which also do the whole "taken to another world" bit, or even Inuyasha if you want to stretch the definitions a bit.
You all forgot that Narnia is the original isekai

Bronze

Spectra's doing a karaoke relay with other V&U girls in few minutes. Right now she's live with pre-relay stream.She also said it's unarchived. Link should have the playlist.

Limkin

Another one went completely cookoo with chat bot, it's a whole ass thread and not just a single post

nuk-temleH

Ah, but what about the Edgar Rice Burroughs books where there's another world in the center of the earth, filled with cavemen and dinosaurs? Ooh, or A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court? This shit goes all the way down. :smugmoona:

Yes I know technically Connecticut Yankee is a time travel story, but time travel stories to the distant past may as well be an isekai damn it

EDIT:

Gulliver's Travels
Fuck, this might actually be the original one. I can't think of an older "alternate world" story off the top of my head at least

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, Gulliver's Travels...

It's a very old concept.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I mean, the interesting thing about Mushoku has always been that it plays the hyper-male focused isekai themes straight, but makes it all plausible with well-developed characters and world-building, to the point that it almost surpasses the limitations of the genre. I'm not surprised Remi got filtered, but it says something about the series that she kept reading through the 10+ volumes it took to get to the "NTR" development.

Interesting. Tell me more about the grown-ass 40 year old man who gets a second go at life and decides to groom his very own early childhood friend into consensual sex. This truly reads like a prose epic of Homerian proportions.

nuk-temleH

Interesting. Tell me more about the grown-ass 40 year old man who gets a second go at life and decides to groom his very own early childhood friend into consensual sex. This truly reads like a prose epic of Homerian proportions.
Yeah because he is literally a piece of shit polished into a slightly less offensive piece of shit over time, almost entirely by other people's influence over his life. It is literally the story of an awful person's attempts to change their life, played straight to make you think about the implications of what "being reborn" are. If he wasn't a terrible person the entire concept turns into the same messianic drivel that 99 percent of other isekais are.

Character-driven series works because some of the characters aren't good people, more at 11. Next on the news, was rosebud a sled?

Last edited:

WaWa

Tetel will be doing her first ever collab stream later on.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Wemi has some opinions on NTR.

Seiso succubus says skill issue
Edit: I don't watch I have no opinion tho nuk's description does sound interesting

Top Bottom