"I guess I do stink a little bit today"Sakamata Chloe

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I think I heard “i’m coming back” through the ESL, so it seems clear enough.
I’m happy.
Not the coming back part that I mean, but in what form? Her company is known to pull bullshit.

Stunned But Dumb

I think I heard “i’m coming back” through the ESL, so it seems clear enough.
I’m happy.
Yeah I had subs on. "I love you forever. Can you hear me? I'm coming back"

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull

Happy birthday to the only Vtuber that could actually fix me! Love this goofball and his good cooking and his based game tastes.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Rie finished her refraction railway which makes me mald to no end but she also successfully pulled tenma into playing the game so this is fine
Fuck her for still finishing it before me tho goddamn that makes me mad

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Holy! Koyori is the ultimate unity hag

You thought Okayu is a lazy cat? Nekomiya Hinata.

Did you mean to post this video?

You posted Kanade's version, which is also good, but doesn't include any guests.

View attachment 72772

Looks like she is having a good time overall. Still having self doubt moments of course.

When is she not having self doubt moments? Still, Orange Woman good.

View attachment 72773
Oh, damn. A-chan face-reveal?

In before she looks exactly like her vtuber model.

Stunned But Dumb

httn

Hag enthusiast

live NOW??
What even is cognition?

??? Look in stream description, this link. https://cognition.kizunaai.com/

Its now randomly switching switching between ascii-fied versions of her videos.

This is going to end up being an new grift isn't it. :depressedtako:

Edit: Just noticed all videos & streams on the channel were privated.

Jackie Forests

Rin Tezuka’s Husband

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Bronze

Profile says it's the producer of KizunaAI. No idea if true as this is their 2nd tweet. Only follows Ai currently

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Not-Username

In before she looks exactly like her vtuber model.
While it would be really funny, she probably meant that she appears as "a-chan" and not some random items in the office

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Bri (ex-Vrev Cheri Lupina) is celebrating her birthday today:

Sadly, not a :holohag: (yet):

E: Of course.

Last edited:

Koronesuki

X-Potato
While it would be really funny, she probably meant that she appears as "a-chan" and not some random items in the office
Yeah, that would make more sense. I doubt we'll see a face reveal.

I do think her vtuber model is probably based on her real appearance though. Why wouldn't it have been?

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
An hour in and still nothing is happening.

So far after scouring around the only noteworthy things I saw were the website

In which people found this in the source code

"Murmur… You could think of me as something virtual, kinda. I cognize. Please, could you stop the noise? I’m trying to sleep."

And Nozomi tweeting this earlier alongside retweeting the stream link

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
We got a BROWN WOMAN DOWN

(in Minecraft):

Pillow: "Aww, you're a little serial killer now. :)"

Last edited:

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Wemi, polygamy isn't NTR.
Honestly her opinion on that development in Mushoku Tensei is really interesting, I can't think of another time I've heard a woman even acknowledge its existence. Cause the thing is, from a girl's point of view that first night with Roxy is actually pretty close to NTR. Paul dies, Rudeus is depressed, Roxy has just learned Rudeus is happily married but has sex with him anyways? It's really well developed for a polygamy plot point because Mushoku actually makes attempts to build up its characters; but to a woman? That is VERY close to an NTR development where the man is taken advantage of in his moment of weakness. Hell, Roxy even admits she had ulterior motives when she had sex with Rudy, and Sylphy accepts it because she has no self-esteem.

For the series overall it marks another turning point for Rudy, a relapse into the behavior from his previous life that is mitigated by the connections/friends/family in his new life (you know, the overall theme of the series), but for a girl who might be emotionally invested into the story/characters and just read through 4 volumes of Rudy's budding romance it's probably a betrayal of the highest degree. I don't agree with Remi's take, but I can very much understand why she feels that way.

EDIT:

Lol she deserved to be filtered by that genre, she’s not the target audience after all.

I mean, the interesting thing about Mushoku has always been that it plays the hyper-male focused isekai themes straight, but makes it all plausible with well-developed characters and world-building, to the point that it almost surpasses the limitations of the genre. I'm not surprised Remi got filtered, but it says something about the series that she kept reading through the 10+ volumes it took to get to the "NTR" development.

Last edited:

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Hard to overstate how instrumental A-chan was to making the giant that Hololive is today. I find her Holotalk interview the best place to see it in English, but to sum up if you can't stand early Kiara voice:

After Sora wanted to be a idol/vtuber, A-chan searched for studios with the right equipment, found Cover and they pitched the idea to Yagoo personally. Keep in mind in 2017 most people were using 3D capture setups and for decent quality it was a massive barrier to entry. So it is literally that Sora would never have been Sora if A-chan hadn't existed, and Cover may have never produced any vtubers, and the entire chain of events that led to Hololive wouldn't exist.

And following on from that... some things I've picked up from various streams:

Some of my favorite early Sora content are her horror streams, where Yujin A would serve as the comedic foil to Sora's stoic unreacting face by screaming at every jumpscare. This was core stream content for Sora early on.

During 3D streams and concerts up to 2020 A-chan was the voice talents would hear in their earpieces. In other words she was directing every shoot, including First Fes. By 2021 she was no longer directly involved in working the 3D studio equipment but back in the very early days she did that too.

Some other notes from Holotalk:
A-chan (in 2021) worked as a director, implied to be a content director rather than the business title.
Her main job is event organization, doing the detailed planning and coordination for talent-instigated or self-instigated content.
For example she decided the concept of the Bloom concert and did the detailed planning, things like the setlist (music that was produced specifically for the project), length, live venue choice, etc. I would not be surprised if this was true for most company-wide events back in 2021 and 2020 as Cover was immensely smaller then than it is now.
She also describes herself as a problem solver for the talents, as a side channel from management. Which so many talents have talked about.

Keep in mind that Sora/A-chan, highschool girls on a mission is quite possibly kayfabe. @The Rrat ranted about it in the past, and made valid points.

But even accounting for that, A-chan was, of course, instrumental. From early tech support over saving Suisei's flatlining career and several other talents that were likewise on the verge of quitting. Even without the probable kayfabe origin story, Yagoo made Hololive, but A-chan (by way of Sora pushing her in that direction) shaped its culture. No A-chan, no Suisei as we know her. Possibly several other graduated members (Roboco, I hear?). A corporate environment much more resembling Nijisanji than the Cover we know.

A-chan, by virtue of her routine appearances on the Hololive channel, represented Hololive more than any other. Shaped Hololive culture from a time when it had two employees, a VR pingpong game and a single VA until it became the behemoth of today.

Filling her shoes isn't just a difficult task. It's plain impossible. Modern Cover is nigh infinitely different from the Cover she joined and helped shape. It's no longer possible to have the impact she had.

By dint of seniority, by virtue of her close relationships with so many talents, by the sheer weight of her track record (again, Suisei would be but a footnote on par with Mano Aloe without A-chan's intervention, without her habit of maintaining close relationships with the talents...), A-chan's word assuredly mattered. Maybe less nowadays than in 2020, again because Cover has grown so much, but even so, not someone you can just brush aside.

And that's not something you can replace with someone new in the same role.

Nodoka's doing well, of course. It is clear that she is forming her own personal relationships with the talents, and is good at it.

But A-chan's sheer weight, her personal relationships within Cover (the benefits of starting at the company when the CEO could still bring pizza for lunch for everyone) are gone.

Cover has changed so much since the Christmas miracle. A-chan, like Yagoo himself, like Gen 0, 1 & 2, is an artefact of a bygone time, when everything was smaller, more personable, more intimate.

Cover is growing up. And while I wasn't really aware of vtubing until 2021, and it'd be rich of me to claim that I miss the early Cover I never experienced, losing this bridge to a mythical past, a living reminder that this past happened, is still sad.

A-chan is a part of Cover's soul.

And as fondly remembered and cherished as I'm sure it is, that part is now gone.

Top Bottom